Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
There's no need with Exoprimal coming and looking a lot more interesting

As a new Capcom IP, I really wonder how it will do.... a lot of their success recently is based on previous IP's and remakes.

But I am optimistic. Capcom is on a hotstreak.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
I find it rediculous that throughout the Jurassic World revival, Capcom haven't taken a punt at reviving or remaking Dino Crisis. I found this fan made game on YouTube the other day that looks right up my alley except for the overly anime sounding Regina voice actress I guess, but I've not looked into it fully yet:

The starting point is DC1 and DC2 on "PS+ BC Tier". Seriously the tier names are shit and I can't remember one from the other. I own DC1 and DC2 digitally from PS3 days, so it'd be nice if Sony register that fact somehow, and I don't have to subscribe etc to re-access them. But I would if given the option to.

2nd step is RE2make treatment, and bolt-on some refined version of those RE6 combat controls. It's advantageous to jump backwards onto your back and shoot upwards... at a leaping Velociraptor whom now lands where you were stood-at. I've been saying since like 2005 that 'Action RE' should have been the DC series, whilst 'RE' should have continued experimenting at the time with the originally planned RE2/3/CV Remakes for GameCube, and pushes into online/multiplayer like RE OutBreak; but that are still tank controls and fixed cameras.

2 Jul 2022
NY
www.twitch.tv
Resident Evil could really use a rest in my opinion but the games continue to do extremely well so I don’t see Capcom giving it one. Exoprimal looks decent but time will tell. I missed the recent beta sign ups but really want to try it.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
As a new Capcom IP, I really wonder how it will do.... a lot of their success recently is based on previous IP's and remakes.

But I am optimistic. Capcom is on a hotstreak.
ExoPrimal just looks like "Earth Defense Force with Dinos, and Discount Regina". I'll faff with it for 10 mins via GP or PS+. Unless the gameplay itself is stellar I can't see it being more than that.

I just don't see the point in essentially throwing it in people's faces. To have the lady with red hair on top of the more standard genre of dino shoot bang? "If it looks like a chicken and has red hair like a chicken, it must be a turkey", to capcom at least.

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75
Status
Not open for further replies.