Will there be a September showcase

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
How about a Concord SoP? Take it or leave it.

But yeah, I doubt it. At this point I expect nothing from them. They've been dragging their 1st party feet, unless it'\s to cancel something.
There's gonna be a State of Play but I wouldn't be surprised if it's mostly third party games and indies.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
At this point I am more interested in the CHP games and the korean partnerships they have, Whatever expectations I have had for their 1st party has been reduced to the lowest possible with their remakes, bloated boring games like horizon, hiring dumb idiots as creative leads in most of their studios (insomniac is a prime example).

If they dont have any SoP or showcase then the next major news we will get is at the game awards from them which will as usual be underwhelming.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I do not expect a major event this year either. Just another SoP at best.
Back in mid to late 2000s and early 2010s, the development cycle of 2 to 3 years meant that many announcements would come at every major event around the year. Now development cycle is averging 5 years and we start to see 8 years - 10 years. 1st party and Major 3rd party publishers have nothing to show.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Considering the PS5 Pro is coming this year it will have to be September latest, it would make sense to use that as a platform for the future of Playstation. Akin to a mini console generation reveal.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
At best in September a week or so before TGS would be my guess.
In 2020 we got a Showcase on September 16th, and it was where Final Fantasy XVI was revealed.
But in 2022 and 2023 we got a State of Play a week before TGS so it can go either way.
I think it depends if they Plan on having A PS5 pro reveal in October or not as I can't see them having both a huge showcase and then another event showcasing the PS5 pro hardware unless they plan on revealing everything that every SIE studio is currently working on.
It is the 30 Year Anniversary of PlayStation and maybe they will go big at the end of this year with the announcements

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Basically answers the thread question: no September Showcase (or SOP).

How does that answer the question, when it says there are games and and demo’s not yet announced?

While ASTRO BOT and Monster Hunter Wilds are the focus of the booth, playable demos, stage events, and trailers for various other upcoming PlayStation 5 titles will also be featured at the PlayStation booth, which will be announced at a later date.

Seems like they are purposely leaving room for what could possibly be announced earlier in the month

Reactions: Umar

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Out of curiosity? Would a PS5 pro reveal count as a showcase? We all count the June 11th, 2020 "Future of Gaming" PS5 reveal as a showcase so a PS5 Pro reveal should count as a showcase correct?

Because if that counts as a showcase then no I don't think there will be a September Showcase now as I believe a PS5 pro reveal will happen in October. I think Jeff Grubb is right about a State of Play this month but I think it will happen before TGS like in 2022 and last year.
I guess Resident Evil 9 will be the first mainline Resident Evil Game to be revealed at a State of Play as RE7 was at E3 2016 and RE8 Village was at the Future of Gaming June 2020 Showcase. RE3 and RE4 remakes have been revealed at State of Plays but I just don't see Resident Evil 9 being revealed at TGS itself. Usually Capcom likes to reveal RE games months before TGS and use TGS as a place to drop another trailer for RE games for like the past 20 years.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Out of curiosity? Would a PS5 pro reveal count as a showcase? We all count the June 11th, 2020 "Future of Gaming" PS5 reveal as a showcase so a PS5 Pro reveal should count as a showcase correct?

Because if that counts as a showcase then no I don't think there will be a September Showcase now as I believe a PS5 pro reveal will happen in October. I think Jeff Grubb is right about a State of Play this month but I think it will happen before TGS like in 2022 and last year.
I guess Resident Evil 9 will be the first mainline Resident Evil Game to be revealed at a State of Play as RE7 was at E3 2016 and RE8 Village was at the Future of Gaming June 2020 Showcase. RE3 and RE4 remakes have been revealed at State of Plays but I just don't see Resident Evil 9 being revealed at TGS itself. Usually Capcom likes to reveal RE games months before TGS and use TGS as a place to drop another trailer for RE games for like the past 20 years.
It depends, if it will be build around PS5 Pro, then yes. But if it is just an announcement, then no.

• fire
Reactions: RE4-Station

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark

Well we'll see about that tbh... Also the PS5 Pro reveal will happen in the first half of September 2024 according to Bilbil-Kun FYI! (y)

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Showcase is just showing something... a game or a new product.
Yes... product showcases exists... so PS5 Pro reveal should be a showcase.

Some weirdos here thinks showcases are only when you show 50 first-party games.
But actually showcase can be done with a single game or product.... anything can be showcased.

Reactions: Ico and YeezyDude

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Showcase is just showing something... a game or a new product.
Yes... product showcases exists... so PS5 Pro reveal should be a showcase.
Yeah exactly... Hopefully so will it not be done via a "blogpost" like one of the recent rumors do suggest. But I guess we'll see how Sony will reveal soon as in 6-10 days hopefully!

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yeah exactly... Hopefully so will it not be done via a "blogpost" like one of the recent rumors do suggest. But I guess we'll see how Sony will reveal soon as in 6-10 days hopefully!
Yeap... blog posts are not showcases :D
You need to show the product whatever it is live to your consumer or via some recorded video but essentially you need to be showing the PS5 Pro to be a showcase even if it is a faked 3D render and not the physical product :D

Reactions: YeezyDude

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Yeap... blog posts are not showcases :D
You need to show the product whatever it is live to your consumer or via some recorded video but essentially you need to be showing the PS5 Pro to be a showcase even if it is a faked 3D render and not the physical product :D
Exactly... The PS5 Pro deserves a proper reveal of it so I do really hope Sony will do the right thing and show it off the right way!