Will you be boycotting Activision-Blizzard games from now on?

What will you do?

• I will boycott all ABK games

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • I will boycott Call of Duty

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I will boycott some ABK games

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • I will not boycott ABK games

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • I am moving to Xbox because of the deal

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I am moving to PC because of the deal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Haven’t played cod going on 6 yrs was never that big into it, don’t care about doable, don’t care about overwatch, I bought the crash and spyro collections for nostalgia sake but don’t care about new games in those franchises. Sekiro was the last abk published game I bought and that was 2019. They don’t own the ip and have no control over it. Abk has nothing I want so im good.

• party
Reactions: Bryank75

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I've already been boycotting them ever since "Don't you guys have phones" + Blitzchung. This acquisition won't change that unless the following things happen:

1) Kotick and his ilk get the boot
2) All predatory monetization models stripped out of their games
3) Stop bowing to China

Now, they already (kind of) did #3 during the acquisition when they had a falling out with NetEase but it remains to be seen what their stance is afterwards.

DForce

24 Jun 2022
No.
But then again, the only ABK game I bought was Tony Hawk and I have no interest in anything else.

24 Jun 2022
It depends on the game. COD is of zero interest to me. However, I might be interested in the next Crash or Guitar Hero (if they bring it back), or a DJ Hero with legit DnB/Jungle/Techno tracks (not just techo remixes of pop artists songs).

If they decided to touch Leisure Suit Larry I would have to see what's up just for the lols. Thing is, Microsoft makes it extremely easy for me to get that content without even really paying them for it. So at least I can take comfort in knowing I'm not (really) enabling their strategies with my own money.

Reactions: Bryank75

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
I can’t recall the last time I’ve bought an Activision or Blizzard game in the last 2 gens. I’ve only tried them if they hit PlayStation plus. None of their games been “Day 1” buys or interest me to even care to spend my money on them

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
To be honest I don't think Activision has ever made a game I wanted to play.

So I see no need to boycott them, and what did we learn that was so damning?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I don’t buy them to begin with. Sekiro doesn’t count.

And yes … I boycott everything Microsoft has bought in any way that I can. Started that years ago now.

Bethesda meant way way more to me than Activision ever would. Losing doom and Starfield hurt but Todd sold out. I don’t support the soulless monolith that is Microsoft.

Not even a console wars thing. Microsoft is a vile and evil company.