Will you be boycotting Activision-Blizzard games from now on?

What will you do?

• I will boycott all ABK games

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • I will boycott Call of Duty

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I will boycott some ABK games

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • I will not boycott ABK games

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • I am moving to Xbox because of the deal

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I am moving to PC because of the deal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
The stock price went up when Microsoft bought Bethesda yet the loser of Microsoft still couldn't sell Xbox to people enough to compete. Microsoft getting Activision is not going to do any good just like Bethesda and rare before. Your all hoping people will see Microsoft has Activision and then suddenly go buy an Xbox and spend money in Microsoft ecosystem after all other things that Microsoft done has failed.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Will buy Diablo 4 at some heavy discount surely sometime. Had that game in my wishlist before acquisition. Other than that, nope, not interested

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Duki360

29 Jun 2023
Poland
About the main question in the topic - I don't want to, but they deserve on it. Microsoft as a company got silly management, they officially claims that they lost 8th console generation, so the best solution now is to buy more and more developers insted of create their own games. Over five years past since their first announcement about buying studios (via Ninja Theory) and we still wait for games like Hellblade 2, Fable, Perfect Dark etc.

I wish that they will back to previous strategy like the X360 era, when they invest money on better way - this console had one of the best line-up since I remember (Bioshock, Halo 3, PGR4, Mass Effect, just a year before Gears or War too).

• brain

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Last year Modern Warfare 2 was the first game of theirs I'd bought for over a decade.

GamePass will be available as I'm on PC, and it is going to be funny watch the significant price rises once they manage to reel in some new users.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
There is a difference between a boycott and games not being available. Nothing compelling to switch to Xbox, maybe Spyro and Crash. I don’t expect much from those IP going forward and see Crash used once and discarded. I was never a fan of COD since MW2. Last thing I played CoD wise was the VR demo

• they're_right_you_know
D

Deleted member 223

ABK games of worth that I've purchashed: Crash 4, Diablo 4. Outside of that they're pretty much dead to me for decades now. With that said, this a move for the casuals and content hoarding. It will definitely have an effect on them. How much... that's the question no one knows.

• brain

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I havent bought a Microsoft product for like 11 years. But I bought most the Call of Duty games…. Never gonna happen again.

I would probably buy a 2nd hand copy at most if they do a good Zombies mode again, my money is never going to them or to fund Bill Gates Pedo ways. And yes he owns 1% share after creating it lol

Last edited:

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
With how Vanguard was a disaster and MW2's handling (Season 1's big maps were Shoothouse and Shipment? Really? That should've been launch maps) at around the start of Season 2 and the rumors of 2023's cod being made by Sledgehammer, I already had made my choice to skip until the next Treyarch game, so I don't think the MS situation shaped my decision, but I sure as hell will hold MS accountable for how the next Treyarch game comes out if they do indeed close

• they're_right_you_know

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Not just boycot

In fact in gona stop anyone on my nearby local gameshop from buying any game with green box for the next few weeks during starfield releases

Im gona say to him/her hey you dont need to buy these games just get it on gamepass problem solved

Reactions: Box

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Just like EA. I'll continue "boycotting" until they release something I want to play. Its been well over a decade for both at this point.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
The last abk game I bought was black ops 4 and i lost interest in cod around that time.

They don't really make games that I'm interested in, so it doesn't make a difference for me.

• they're_right_you_know

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Can I boycott something I wasn't going to buy in the first place?

I got all I wanted from them THPS and Crash remakes.

Blizzard used to be one of my favorite devs but like Bioware they just turned into a studio that I despise. They never knew how to properly handle WoW past the first few years and the game got progressively worse for me and failed to evolve into a good direction.

Just like I do with MS games, if they ever release a decent game I'm interested in playing I'll copy the green rats strategy and use some sort of trick to pay the minimum amount of money to check it out.

Last edited: