[Windows Central] Xbox's biggest problem right now isn't games. It's hardware

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Most 7th gen piracy happened on the 360 though. Jailbreak on PS3 came very late.

Yep although what I meant with that post was that the damage was already done on the 6th generation. Several popular franchises that "everyone played" had pretty low sales thanks to piracy and those studios dwindled or dissapeared entering the 7th gen.

I saw long life PS1 and PS2 pirates giving up with the PS3 or considering it a PITA until they resorted with original games. That, including proper support from Sony mid 7th gen in those markets helped reduce piracy and change purchasing habits.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
KidSmoove now wants Apple to buy Xbox...

You can imagine the response from the other Xbox fans! Hilarious.

Apple don't give a fuck about console.
I thought I read they were eyeing up coming in? Pippin 2, Y'all! Did I make that up?

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Of course production was the issue and not demand 😂😂😂

MS can produce what they want (and they should have very happy to ship millions and millions of consoles of consoles even at loss to boost these Gamespass subs) but the demand is not there.
I remember reading that Microsoft had payed for priority access to semi conductors when there was a shortage & they still got massively outsold 🤣

• brain
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz and Entropi

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023

Yeah like Apple would ever touch anything created by MS lol.

Steve Jobs would come back from hell to haunt them for the rest of their lives.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

I could see Apple wanting to own PlayStation or Nintendo but Xbox? Lmao, they would pay not to own it. Xbox is a toxic and worthless brand.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
The biggest problem has been games since
more than a decade ago. But hey, everything is evil Sony’s fault, or some other BS.

At least they own the biggest publishers now, so games should not be the problem anymore.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Idiot Jizz Cordon is now saying the same thing many PlayStation fans were saying since 2020....the Series S was always a mistake, the cloud focus was always a mistake, everything about Phils "vision" is a massive mistake. The only want to admit it now when they realize they might not be getting a pro console.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Idiot Jizz Cordon is now saying the same thing many PlayStation fans were saying since 2020....the Series S was always a mistake, the cloud focus was always a mistake, everything about Phils "vision" is a massive mistake. The only want to admit it now when they realize they might not be getting a pro console.
but but, i thought, i heard here, that Phil is visionary..

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I'm still laughing at how they removed the inside series s video from the xbox channel.

That is some seriously insecure shit.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Johnic and JAHGamer
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
but but, i thought, i heard here, that Phil is visionary..
Nah the thing about Phil is that he came after the horrible launch of Xbox one which automatically makes him Xbox Messiah since they would've been completely dead after that if it wasn't for Microsoft having so much money from other sectors , his vision of gamepass (which is just netflix applied to games let's not pretend he innovated anything ) obviously got shareholders excited but just like NFTs it's a pipe dream that will inevitably fail

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I would be insecure too, it's wild that everything Jason Ronald said in that video turned out to be an utter lie, meanwhile everything Mark Cerny said in his road to PS5 presentation turned out to be 100% true.
Sony learned from the ps3 to make their hardware as easy for developers to develop for as possible Microsoft shot themselves in foot by making Xbox the more difficult platform to optimise aswell as being the lowest user base they need to fire pretty much everyone because none of them do a good job 🤣

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Nah the thing about Phil is that he came after the horrible launch of Xbox one which automatically makes him Xbox Messiah since they would've been completely dead after that if it wasn't for Microsoft having so much money from other sectors , his vision of gamepass (which is just netflix applied to games let's not pretend he innovated anything ) obviously got shareholders excited but just like NFTs it's a pipe dream that will inevitably fail
but he is directly responsible for horrible second half of 360, whole gen of X1 and half gen of XSeries.

Reactions: Entropi

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
but he is directly responsible for horrible second half of 360, whole gen of X1 and half gen of XSeries.
Yo! I didn't know this. The X360 was on a killer spree for the first half of that generation, under Peter Moore. Were Don and Phil in charge after he left?