With Halo declining, now is the time for Resistance and Killzone franchises to make a comeback as the quality scifi shooters.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Just having a bit of nostalgia and remembering how good Resistance 3 campaign was. Resistance 2 mp had me hooked and loved its mayhem. Resistance holds a special place for me and I would love a revival of it. Ps5 resistance would look insane.

What are your thoughts and how would the story, game, mp evolve. I know ppl may be burnt out by BR or don't like that genre but damn a Resistance BR or mode similar to factions be sooooo good.

Update 6/6

IGN is a little late but they agree...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Sorry man, Resistance wasn't any good either. And I played them all. 2 had that 60 players thing going on, but the MP was rough!
To each is own. I respect all opinions (this coming from a person who thinks BOTW is like a 70 at best lol). I enjoyed Resistance 3 sp more than any Killzone or Halo. Resistance 2 mp was fun as hell and Resistance 3 mp was serviceable.

BTW for reference Resistance 2 meta is at 87 and 3 at 83 so alot of ppl thought it was good.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
If Halo is dying what chance does Resistance have?

Only potential FPS IP I think can be revived is Marathon. From what I have seen of the gameplay it has potential to be a Metroid Prime/System Shock type of FPS.

Does Sony own that IP now?

Reactions: Gamernyc78

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Resistance 2 online was something else. Killzone 2 had amazing online as well. I would love for both of these to comeback even of its just remasters of the previous games since I never beat killzone 1 or resistance 3 and just add a psvr 2 mode to them and hopefully they do well enough to greenlight a sequel. I can see insomniac push the ps5 with a resistance sequel but the same could be said of a killzone sequel as well

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
If Halo is dying what chance does Resistance have?

Only potential FPS IP I think can be revived is Marathon. From what I have seen of the gameplay it has potential to be a Metroid Prime/System Shock type of FPS.

Does Sony own that IP now?
Resistance died already, we are talking about a revival. Halo hasn't died yet and may never die but it's evident it is not what it use to be.

Again contrary to other opinions Resistance metas are pretty good and I'm one that would contribute to that as I enjoyed them more than most other scifi fps games.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Resistance 2 online was something else. Killzone 2 had amazing online as well. I would love for both of these to comeback even of its just remasters of the previous games since I never beat killzone 1 or resistance 3 and just add a psvr 2 mode to them and hopefully they do well enough to greenlight a sequel. I can see insomniac push the ps5 with a resistance sequel but the same could be said of a killzone sequel as well
Killzone 2 mp and radec was one of my most played mps and imo better than any other online fps mp. I use to go super hard to get the top 5% banner every week/month.

Reactions: RE4-Station

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Resistance died already, we are talking about a revival. Halo hasn't died yet and may never die but it's evident it is not what it use to be.

Again contrary to other opinions Resistance metas are pretty good and I'm one that would contribute to that as I enjoyed them more than most other scifi fps games.

True about Resistance especially with Insomniac having their hands full with Spiderman 2 and Wolverine.

It's simply not happening.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
People need to take off their nostalgia blinders around these old IP that fizzled out over 10 years ago already. Theres no huge market that is craving resistance, socom, Warhawk, killzone, etc.

Make new multiplayer IP’s, maybe use some of the gimmicks from those old franchises and create the new wave instead of chasing trends or digging up a corpse

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
A new Resistance on PS5 would be 🔥 so would a remake of Resistance 3

I hope one of Insomniac's teams brings the franchise back

Reactions: Gamernyc78