With Halo declining, now is the time for Resistance and Killzone franchises to make a comeback as the quality scifi shooters.

D

Deleted member 13

Just having a bit of nostalgia and remembering how good Resistance 3 campaign was. Resistance 2 mp had me hooked and loved its mayhem. Resistance holds a special place for me and I would love a revival of it. Ps5 resistance would look insane.

What are your thoughts and how would the story, game, mp evolve. I know ppl may be burnt out by BR or don't like that genre but damn a Resistance BR or mode similar to factions be sooooo good.
Good thread but I still love Killzone man. I just loved how they did it. I don't think I ever bought Resistance but I'm game to try it out for sure.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
Ironically back in the ps2 and 360 days snoy needed a halo killer and now they own the creators of halo. now they need a cod killer. I guess history does repeat itself

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
A rerelease to test the waters maybe … but Resistance never really took off like that. Better off looking for the next big thing with original IPs.

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
Just having a bit of nostalgia and remembering how good Resistance 3 campaign was. Resistance 2 mp had me hooked and loved its mayhem. Resistance holds a special place for me and I would love a revival of it. Ps5 resistance would look insane.

What are your thoughts and how would the story, game, mp evolve. I know ppl may be burnt out by BR or don't like that genre but damn a Resistance BR or mode similar to factions be sooooo good.
I wish they had made that open world Resistance game. If a new one is BR I know I won't be playing it (don't enjoy running to safe zones over and over and over)

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I loved Killzone and didn't like Resistance. I think Insomniac is doing a way better job recently with superhero games and Ratchet. I think after Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine they should make a non-fps new IP, a Morales like shorter Venom spin-off before Spider-Man 3, another Ratchet and Wolverine 2/X-Men.

I think Sony should keep shooters to those who excel at FPS: Bungie, Deviation and Firewalk. I think that after working on Destiny or CoD (plus Rainbow 6 Siege info from Haven) these teams should bring FPS games to the next level.

I think they should integrate the quality Sony narrative in their games and add the social aspect from titles like Fortnite, GTA Online or Animal Crossing, plus adding the eSports friendly touch from PUBG/Valorant/R6S/Apex Legend/CS and an appealing GaaS approach that doesn't alienate anyone: more than enough features, content and polish at launch, paid DLC and MTX only for skins (not affecting gameplay), frequent updates with exciting new stuff, no crazy grinding required to unlock stuff, etc.

We also know Arrowhead is working on a AAA 3rd person coop shooter, and who knows if London and Firesprite too. Too much shooters from Sony. I'd give other genres to Insomniac.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muddasar

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I enjoyed Shadowfall’s pvp for quite a bit. Can’t say how it’s aged especially with everyone having a turret buddy. I want to say I remember the gunplay being pretty strong.

Art direction was great but it was also sterile since it didn’t do the alien sci fi thing. Just the political drama of future society I guess. Like yea it was good, but a bit dryzz

But for the sake of being a fun video game I felt like it needed something a bit more nutty.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I enjoyed Shadowfall’s pvp for quite a bit. Can’t say how it’s aged especially with everyone having a turret buddy. I want to say I remember the gunplay being pretty strong.

Art direction was great but it was also sterile since it didn’t do the alien sci fi thing. Just the political drama of future society I guess. Like yea it was good, but a bit dryzz

But for the sake of being a fun video game I felt like it needed something a bit more nutty.
The Vita Killzone "Mercenary" was really good. If they remade that I'd buy that in an instant for my ps5.

D

Deleted member 140

Good thread! I would be down with a new Resistance game, should look and play beautiful on a PS5, and the DualSense features combined with interesting weapons...

• fire
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Good thread! I would be down with a new Resistance game, should look and play beautiful on a PS5, and the DualSense features combined with interesting weapons...
Thanks and I Def don't get the "outdated gaming model" narrative ppl try to push. Yes, BR, Gaas, etc are popular but The Resistance ip and universe can literally fit any mold they just need to push it right. Not saying I'd want Gaas but I wouldn't mind a stellar campaign with a BR component to a new Resistance game thy could make money off of if they went that route. Warzone for example is addictive asf to many ppl.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 140
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I don’t think theres anything inherently unique or interesting about the premise of Resistance. Also doesn’t do anything unique gameplay wise. The aliens aren’t even interesting looking
To you, I loved the story and I thought the chimera looked way better than Halo or other scifi enemies in other games. BTW no one did weapons as good as Resistance games. That Bullseye was iconic and dope asf.

You see opinions vary.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
If someone is to revisit sci fi FPS I hope they do something more interesting. Sci fi games nearly all have lame plots, wack alien designs and just not all that interesting. Most of it just lifted out of books and movies like they can't conceptualise something themselves

Give me an epic space opera like Dune with original concepts and settings, and good characters and and my interest might be piqued

Original Halo trilogy may be the closest to fulfilling that in setting and music but even that is full of lazy alien concepts and an average at best story and characters

Reactions: Remember_Spinal
4 Aug 2022
I always wanted to like resistance more than I did. They are fun but something about them just never fully clicked with me.

Always felt like 8/10 for me.

I wonder how they hold up? Anyone played em recently?

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
I always wanted to like resistance more than I did. They are fun but something about them just never fully clicked with me.

Played through it within the last year. 1 looks pretty rough but I still enjoyed it. 2 and especially 3 are really good.

Reactions: SonyFanboyTears

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

Resistance 3 is still fun, like Insomniac's take on a Half Life 2, but it looks like fucking ass playing in 2022. The game was already an incredibly low resolution even at release.

Reactions: SonyFanboyTears

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
To you, I loved the story and I thought the chimera looked way better than Halo or other scifi enemies in other games. BTW no one did weapons as good as Resistance games. That Bullseye was iconic and dope asf.

You see opinions vary.

PS3 generation for me just brings back unpleasant memories. I felt like those brown military shooters were just taking over at that point. Thank god for Naughty Dog for steering the sony ship back to 3rd person action games.

Now that they have a more cohesive 1st party studio set up I’m ok with the multiplayer stuff again, they have a more solid idea of what they’re doing and i know the 3rd person stuff is still coming.

Reactions: Deleted member 13