With Halo declining, now is the time for Resistance and Killzone franchises to make a comeback as the quality scifi shooters.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Resistance was severely under appreciated and while many will disagree, it’s probably my favorite Insomniac work. Sunset Overdrive is probably second in my book.
Sorry for the daft question, I have only been playing on the ps4 for a few years so missed out on the earlier generations of stuff.

But this is what you are talking about.

This looks so amazing to me, imagine this brought up to modern-day standards,

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Sorry for the daft question, I have only been playing on the ps4 for a few years so missed out on the earlier generations of stuff.

But this is what you are talking about.

This looks so amazing to me, imagine this brought up to modern-day standards,
Resistance has always been bad ass with a serviceable, fun multi-player. I enjoyed it way more than alot of other scifi mps. The meta also shows ppl enjoyed it so idk what blinders some ppl have on. You ever get a chance to play Resistance 3, do so, the campaign was sublime.

• Informative
Reactions: Kyoji and Sircaw

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Yes, they need to remake all these games.......Open the series up to new people on PC as well. People need to remember how great these games were. Remake them and then later on get a new entry in with the re-imagining of a GOW.

Killzone Series
Resistance Series

Sony needs to get on that.

Reactions: MScarpa

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Why... Isnt the model the other way around for these dormant IPs?

Establish the MP/GAAS game using the IP, keeps it around in people's mindshare, isnt dormant, and you can download single player campaigns like TLOU's Left Behind throughout the calendar year, saving hardrive space as you go and delete individual story canpaigns. At times you only need the MP portion installed.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Both Resistance and Killzone are dead and never coming back. They never made a big enough splash to begin with. Especially not in multiplayer space.

Remasters would be nice for catalog purposes only.

Full-on development of sequels or reboots would be a waste. Their efforts are better focused where they are with Firewalk and Deviation’s shooters. It’s a better strategy to just make something new and hope for the best. Sony’s brand name alone will bring many eyes to something new these days… make the best of it

It’s not gonna happen. Shooter space is full to begin with. Arena shooters are dead aside from Ranibow Six and Destiny and even those are a vastly different take on the game type. I mean… CoD Vanguard has shit for player retention.

You can’t just say “make it a Gaas” and expect something from it… how many live service mp games actually hang on? The same ones that have been for half a decade already and more? Not so easy of a task. Look what happened to Halo… quickest drop off in player rentention like friggin ever. Do we expect better from Resistance or Killzone? From devs that have actively not made online games or shooters for over a decade?? Nah man. With that amount of time passed you can’t even say these studios even have those skill sets anymore.

The TLOU multiplayer game however… gonna be an friggin monster of a blockbuster. I don’t even like ND at all but this is like guaranteed to be a mega success eclipsing both single player games in short time — thus triggering anti social gamers that have raging hard ons for shitting on online games because — the internet.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Orangee

Orangee

3 Mar 2024

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
Killzone I'm iffy on, but I won't say 'No' to more of it. I understand the fan demand for it, so let's gooo.

As for Resistance, I feel:
1) Best competitive multiplayer (2nd best single player)
2) Best Co-Op multiplayer
3) Best Singleplayer campaign (bad competitive)

So, naturally, I would be more keen on Resistance than Killzone. But again, both are welcomed.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Killzone 2 Multiplayer ... specifically Warzone is literal perfection. I'd love to have that back.

Sony should have remastered all their multiplayer games last gen, missed opportunities everywhere.

Uncharted 3 Multiplayer
Warhawk
Motorstorm collection
Resistance Trilogy
Mod Nation Kart Racers
Little Big Planet 2
Ps Home
M.A.G
Socom
Killzone 2 and 3 and fuse both MP's into one

There is your GaaS push Sony

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Killzone 2 Multiplayer ... specifically Warzone is literal perfection. I'd love to have that back.

Sony should have remastered all their multiplayer games last gen, missed opportunities everywhere.

Uncharted 3 Multiplayer
Warhawk
Motorstorm collection
Resistance Trilogy
Mod Nation Kart Racers
Little Big Planet 2
Ps Home
M.A.G
Socom
Killzone 2 and 3 and fuse both MP's into one

There is your GaaS push Sony
This would be a dream for me, but I wonder how the public would react to a gaas push bring nothing but remasters lmao

Resistance 2 had goated multiplayer, alongside Warhawk

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This would be a dream for me, but I wonder how the public would react to a gaas push bring nothing but remasters lmao

Resistance 2 had goated multiplayer, alongside Warhawk
Well it would have been last Gen, the generation when saw a huge influx of people who weren't on PS3... It would have been well received and PS3 owners would have welcomed the remasters instead of having the games rot on the Cell.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'd love to see Killzone back. Single player focused game (maybe coop), with a proper campaign.

But I'd say Resistance and Killzone were left behind because their sales weren't enough to compete back then, so even less now having there giants like Fortnite, CoD, PUBG, etc.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Insomniac isn't touching Resistance for another decade at least. Source: Their own internal documents.

And Killzone is probably no better off.