World of Warcraft team lead confirms Microsoft use bot farms to create Xbots

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
Just look at twitter.
Sane person cant spend so much time preaching about plastic toy and their overlords. Making banners and cheering like programed robot. No other brand has so much bots.

I know they have no life, but its funny.
From retards like Clint to cheap, has no money, morons like peterovo.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
There’s no denying the astroturfers. Most fanboys turn into bots but what’s telling is that on Twitter there’s a ridiculous amount of xbot damage control which is weird since I don’t engage with Xbox content. It just floods your shit for anything gaming related. It’s too much in favor for Xbox which doesn’t make sense when they’re getting outsold 4:1

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I have been worried about the AI aspect of online interactions. No "social" exchange can be taken as a human exchange. This was bad enough already with people playing different roles with alt accounts, paid shills, and what not.

Imagine the minute paid shilling became automated in a "credible" way? AI is pretty cheap compared to the cheapest humans and it's even more relentless.

Motivation could come from some forum or other social site wanting to give an impression of relevance by stirring up conversation in one or many ways.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I’ve never seen the Nintendo/Sony equivalent of people like Tom Warren, TimDog, Colt Eastwood, Jez Corden, Klobrille, Destin, etc. so that pretty much tells you everything you need to know. Really bizarre that this is allowed to go on and a massive company thinks this is the best way to conduct themselves.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
This thread is quite popular on twitter despite all the weird stuff Musk is doing..... so funny some of the replies but it's all true.

I’m not sure musk didn’t just pull a massive troll for user data purposes.

I like how my SF6 being a flop on Xbox triggered the Twitterverse as well. Not my fault it sold that badly that it can’t outperform fallout 76 🤣.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

I like how my SF6 being a flop on Xbox triggered the Twitterverse as well. Not my fault it sold that badly that it can’t outperform fallout 76 🤣.

Oh yes, they loved that one too hahaha

It's so satisfying but the thing is that we are only posting the actual facts. Their meltdowns are just symptoms of their inability to deal with reality.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022

Seriously? The feedback on SF6 itself is glowing from the outside.

Reactions: pop

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Seriously? The feedback on SF6 itself is glowing from the outside.

PlayStation and pc community seems thriving. Less to do with game itself instead shows how gamepass has killed off sales potential for most third party games that aren’t Elden ring or Hogwarts. Not being in the XBL 50 is a huge concern.

Reactions: Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
PlayStation and pc community seems thriving. Less to do with game itself instead shows how gamepass has killed off sales potential for most third party games that aren’t Elden ring or Hogwarts. Not being in the XBL 50 is a huge concern.
Yeah, I think the reason some pubs actually want abk purchase to go through is that CoD will die and some of their games might succeed at replacing it.
We should not fool ourselves, CoD is only successful because it was available on ps consoles since the beginning.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Nothing new under the sun. Microsoft have been at this for decades and have been caught multiple times.
The only thing is because the gaming audience is growing people don't have knowledge of the past. Being a pc gamer for most of my life I didn't give two shits about console wars/phil's escapades until late last gen.

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
It’s been obvious for years now. Astroturfing and botting started during the 360 gen but it didn’t really take off till the XB1 gen when MS found itself in a PR nightmare of their own doing at the start of the XB1 gen. That’s when this shit kicked off into overdrive and then blew up even more during the lead up to this gen. Xbox has almost zero presence in the real world. No one I know of in real life games on Xbox and all I hear about is Playstation and Switch and I live in the US (Xbox’s strongest market by far). If you hang out on message boards like Reeeee or post on Twitter you’d think Xbox is winning the generation easily and destroying Sony and Nintendo though.

Xbox is way over-represented on gaming message boards and social media like Twitter/YouTube. All that suggests to me is that MS has been busy recruiting bots and shills to do their dirty work for them. Didn’t they get busted during the 360 gen for paying astroturfers? I remember articles pointing that out back in the day.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It’s been obvious for years now. Astroturfing and botting started during the 360 gen but it didn’t really take off till the XB1 gen when MS found itself in a PR nightmare of their own doing at the start of the XB1 gen. That’s when this shit kicked off into overdrive and then blew up even more during the lead up to this gen. Xbox has almost zero presence in the real world. No one I know of in real life games on Xbox and all I hear about is Playstation and Switch and I live in the US (Xbox’s strongest market by far). If you hang out on message boards like Reeeee or post on Twitter you’d think Xbox is winning the generation easily and destroying Sony and Nintendo though.

Xbox is way over-represented on gaming message boards and social media like Twitter/YouTube. All that suggests to me is that MS has been busy recruiting bots and shills to do their dirty work for them. Didn’t they get busted during the 360 gen for paying astroturfers? I remember articles pointing that out back in the day.
yes, they were, one guy was wistleblower, testified in court, he was in the program.. you should try to google it.
crazy things.

Reactions: FIREK2029 and Box

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Do you guys remember the scandal regarding MS buying YouTubers so that their Xbox one coverage was positive and that the power difference was downplayed/denied early last gen?

They never stopped, it just forced them to be more careful about the implementation.
yes it was one.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022