Xbox bans all unauthorized 3rd party accessories, starting Nov 12th

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Xbox 3rd party controller support has always been garbage so I'm not surprised. But I'm surprised I'm only hearing about this a week later.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Absolute bullshit

Whats their reasoning
Same reason they jacked up the price on XSS in Brazil. They're unprofitable, need to show some returns soon, and they think they're operating from a position of power. Typical monopolistic play. You saw them raise the price of immediately after it was clear the ABK acquisition would pass so they could do it again once their games actually release.

You had Phil lying and saying none of this was going to happen, or that they were pro-consumer, and you have the media happily reporting his lies completely unchallenged.

Microsoft's hold on the media needs to be studied alongside CCP surveillance and suppression campaigns.

8BiTw0LF

Same as Sony did when PS5 released. Every controller needs to have an identification chip or it will continue to disconnect. This is great for competitive players who've been going up against cheaters with m/kb in first person shooters and macro-abusers in fighting games on PS4.

What sucks is that everything needs to be licensed. That's why only DualSense has all the nice features and none of the 3rd party options has them.

Microsoft doing it retro-actively is a shitty move. On PS5 players at least knew they couldn't connect their 3rd party controllers to it - and if they just bought one to try, they had time to return it and buy a licensed instead. On Xbox a lot of players will have to ditch their favorite arcadestick or controller because it's getting banned soon.

• brain
Reactions: teezzy

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I find it remarkable that MS continually carries on like they are the market leader. Instead of understanding they need to make their platform attractive, they double down on their anti-consumer bullshit. I expect more of this since it's just who they are as a company and also because ABK isn't going to pay for itself. This and the price increases for consoles and games in certain markets are just the beginning.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Good! PS5 supposedly has hardware side restrictions against XIM and Cronus users. Good to see them get on board. Cheaters can get fucked.

Not good for those using last gen peripherals but I already got screwed over on ps5 with my fightpads. Over it

Anything to fuck over xim and Cronus users is wonderful news.

Reactions: ethomaz

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I find it remarkable that MS continually carries on like they are the market leader. Instead of understanding they need to make their platform attractive, they double down on their anti-consumer bullshit. I expect more of this since it's just who they are as a company and also because ABK isn't going to pay for itself. This and the price increases for consoles and games in certain markets are just the beginning.

You don't need to make your platform attractive when you're acquiring large portions of the market to try and drive your competitors out of it.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
If it is not homologated by Microsoft it should not work.
I'm not sure why it allowed until now.

Non homologated 3rd-party devices are what people uses most for cheating.

Thanks Sony that PS5 is like that since release in 2020... it is crazy dumb to harm your platform like Microsoft did for 3 years.