Xbox content and services soars as Xbox hardware continues to collapse.

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022

It looks like becoming fully 3rd party is completely inevitable now as the rewards of publishing on PlayStation are becoming evident.

Reactions: Shadow2027

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
image.png
yUDIwek.png

Last edited:

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Someone said they lost another half billion on the xbox division but im not seeing it in those numbers, is that true?

peewee78368

Banned
3 Feb 2024
It should be noted their gaming division being up is entirely due to the Activision acquisition, they would be at a loss without it. And yeah Xbox hardware down 42%
GAMING rev 44% acto 48% hit meaning it was down 4% also services 61%... 58% hit from acto meaning xbox gamepass grew less them 1% cuz that means all dlc and so on... These numbers aren't good.

Reactions: AllBizness

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Microsoft is leaving the console market within the next 5 years, Valve will replace them with Steam Deck and Steam Console. Mark my words
Will never work. Nintendo will take it up.

These "handhelds" are niche and they appeal to a tiny portion of the market. They're too big to be real portables and lack power a proper console would have. A steam console already failed.

There's nothing Steam can do that Xbox already hasn't.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Microsoft is leaving the console market within the next 5 years, Valve will replace them with Steam Deck and Steam Console. Mark my words
I see Steamdeck being a serious threat to PS less to Nintendo since they have exclusive true exclusive games that can only be played on there console but for Sony porting games to there direct competitor is like Xbox porting games to PS. Xbox console is nonexistent in the future 42% after a downward trend yoy is scary.

If Xbox next console has Steam/Epic storefront I see the Xbox storefront getting completely destroyed & with poor sales I don’t see how 3rd party would even put effort in releasing on Xbox when they would just have to release it on Steam instead. Again Steam will become more powerful in the future.

I wonder if these numbers MS continues making publisher acquisitions. Its pretty clear ABK saved them & there only route for growth is going full 3rd party & focusing on key franchise aswell as continuing consolidation while trimming the fat. Xbox lacks presence in Asia so a Asia publisher don’t seems far fetch aswell as double downing on mobile.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Will never work. Nintendo will take it up.

These "handhelds" are niche and they appeal to a tiny portion of the market. They're too big to be real portables and lack power a proper console would have. A steam console already failed.

There's nothing Steam can do that Xbox already hasn't.
I would not underestimate Valve/Steam.

They used to be a 3rd party now they have a monopoly in PC gaming aswelll as there storefront being bigger in ccu then PS.

Steam gets more default exclusive games then PS. And they now have Xbox & PS games under there platform/hardware.

Steamdeck is only buyable through online & is not available for the masses nor is it promoted. Aswell at any moment Valve/Steam can see it having both Xbox & PS games under its platform while Xbox console destruct & Steam having true exclusive as an opportunity to truly get into the hardware market. Announce a new singleplayer CS game a new singleplayer Dota game a new Team Fortress singleplayer aswell as making new ip. Games like CSGO, DOTA, TF, League of legend plus stuff like GT RP are massive & exclusively only on PC/Steamdeck

• brain
  • Informative
Reactions: Johnic and Kokoloko