Xbox FY24 Q2: Total Gaming Revenue (+49%), Content and Services Revenue (+61%) Hardware Revenue (+3%) / Xbox Gaming made $7.111B in revenue

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Funny that Infinity the other day was arguing that Xbox executives shouldn't be involved creatively. Pretty evident the corporate, hands off approach has completely failed Xbox - to the point of failure.
But they are involved creatively. For all intents and purposes, it was corporate that cancelled ports, and even asked certain games to be reworked (Redfall).

The myth that they are hands off needs to die.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Funny that Infinity the other day was arguing that Xbox executives shouldn't be involved creatively. Pretty evident the corporate, hands off approach has completely failed Xbox - to the point of failure.
You forgot the sike

OP
OP
Puff

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Xbots dreaming again
Screenshot-20240131-124555-Chrome.jpg

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony should be as aggressive as possible in 2024 and the first half of 2025 before GTA6 comes out. If I were them I would announce everything I could in big showcases that try to capture that E3 2015~2016 vibe while Xbox has nothing, the time is now to kill Xbox, they simply can't move consoles. Once GTA6 comes out and PS has all the momentum it's over.

Xbox line up for 2024 is pathetic, Avowed, Hellblade II and Indiana Jones.

If Sony doesn't have the will to finish Xbox then they deserve all that is coming if Xbox sticks around until next gen.

Reactions: Umar and Puff

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
75 billion dollars later and they still can't beat Playstation, pathetic.
Buys Minecraft, buys 7 other studios, buys Bethesda, buys Activision Blizzard, runs an unprofitable operation for years trying to tank the game sales market, releases 2 SKU to attempt to put PS5 out of position, aggressively discounts their console, still gets absolutely destroyed by Sony while Sony does as little as possible.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Satya Nadella: "ambition to reach more gamers, on more platforms"

1:28
To put this quote into context:

"Now, on to gaming.

This quarter, we set all-time records for monthly active users on Xbox, PC, as well as mobile—where we now have over 200 million monthly active users alone, inclusive of Activision Blizzard King.

With our acquisition, we’ve added hundreds of millions of gamers to our ecosystem, as we execute on our ambition to reach more gamers on more platforms.

With cloud gaming, we continue to innovate to offer players more ways to experience the games they love, where, when, and how they want. Hours streamed increased 44% year-over-year.

Great content is key to our growth, and across our portfolio, I’ve never been more excited about our lineup of upcoming games.

Earlier this month, we shared exciting new first party titles coming this year to Xbox, PC, and Game Pass, including Indiana Jones.

And we’ve also announced launching significant updates this calendar year to many of our most durable franchises, which bring in millions of players each month, including Call of Duty, Elder Scrolls Online, and Starfield. "

Reading it into the whole context, seems he's talking about growing in mobile thanks to ABK and in console via CoD more than porting MGS titles.

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
To put this quote into context:

"Now, on to gaming.

This quarter, we set all-time records for monthly active users on Xbox, PC, as well as mobile—where we now have over 200 million monthly active users alone, inclusive of Activision Blizzard King.

With our acquisition, we’ve added hundreds of millions of gamers to our ecosystem, as we execute on our ambition to reach more gamers on more platforms.

With cloud gaming, we continue to innovate to offer players more ways to experience the games they love, where, when, and how they want. Hours streamed increased 44% year-over-year.

Great content is key to our growth, and across our portfolio, I’ve never been more excited about our lineup of upcoming games.

Earlier this month, we shared exciting new first party titles coming this year to Xbox, PC, and Game Pass, including Indiana Jones.

And we’ve also announced launching significant updates this calendar year to many of our most durable franchises, which bring in millions of players each month, including Call of Duty, Elder Scrolls Online, and Starfield. "

Reading it into the whole context, seems he's talking about growing in mobile thanks to ABK and in console via CoD more than porting MGS titles.

MGS is actually owned by Konami though, so I doubt they would be porting them. 😏

• haha
Reactions: Yurinka