Xbox hardware team (Jason Ronald) replaced by Surface team. - xboxera

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It would be a huge L playstation seems to have struck gold with the portal far more successful than it should be since it just streams games from the ps5 you already own , an Xbox version would bomb because it doesn't have the power the playstation brand has
I doubt it will be Cloud only. Maybe, but who knows. Im thinking more like Steamdeck handheld

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They arent going to make a handheld that can play new games natively they're barely hanging on in the console market doing a handheld that can play current games would kill them
We’ll see soon. Theres a few of companies now making Steamdeck like handhelds, they can all play current games

DanteLinkX

Esports / FGC Caster
9 Feb 2024
Don't you think it would be weirder if there were no changes with the clear commercial insuccess of their current strategy ?
I agree. I believe xbox needs an overhaul, clearly they dig themselves into a hole they have to find a way to come out.

The only reason xbox still exists its because its under the microsoft's financial umbrella. Any other company behind it and would have been closed since the xbox one days.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I agree. I believe xbox needs an overhaul, clearly they dig themselves into a hole they have to find a way to come out.

The only reason xbox still exists its because its under the microsoft's financial umbrella. Any other company behind it and would have been closed since the xbox one days.
I think they tried to sell the division to Samsung or something and the deal fell through (probably when they saw the books).... They (MS) just think that xbox is a valuable brand for some reason.

Reactions: Diah

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
Their hardware team sucks:
- Series S complete awfulness
- Series X not consistently beating the PS5
- Always on with the Xbox One
- DDR3 memory on the Xbox One
- No solution VR support despite promises
- Boring controller that is pretty much the same since the 360 days
Series X also have divided memory bandwidth. So, they have done this mistake not once but twice in a row!

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
Were they replaced by the surface team or integrated into the surface team? I'm thinking the ladder.

Surface is back to pre 2019 levels and they lost the person who was most passionate and responsible for Surface in Panay. They have cut investment on the department, and seem to be doing “significant cuts to simplify the Surface business” and “focus more on Microsoft’s hits rather than the more experimental devices.” according to business insider.

Microsoft wants all major focus on software, a.i, cloud. On the hardware front I would look to Open A.I, with a lot of rumblings about hw devices coming from there.

There’s a much larger strategy at play here for Microsoft, and I believe Tim Stuart’s job has been to gather the metrics and convince Xbox HQ through business diplomacy that it’s time to change.

The fact Xbox HW is now an extension of their Surface division has to be another sign.