Xbox just price hiked Series X by $100 and nobody is talking about it?

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
was the regular series X $349 before? or are you just talking about the new version with extra SSD? idk if there is any reason to talk about anything if you can still buy the regular version with the same price as always

OP
OP
Yobo

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
was the regular series X $349 before? or are you just talking about the new version with extra SSD? idk if there is any reason to talk about anything if you can still buy the regular version with the same price as always
The regular Series X has a disc drive

They have price dropped Xbox consoles lately to clear stock. This is a replacement

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It has 2 tb instead of 1 though. So not a straight price hike. You are getting more in the package.

Seems like the original one is just going to be gone yeah?

This looks to me like a way to make the disc based console even less appealing though. Gives them plausible deniability to eventually kill it ("No one was buying it/wanted it!).

• angry
Reactions: 2spooky5me

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
It has 2 tb instead of 1 though. So not a straight price hike. You are getting more in the package.

This looks to me like a way to make the disc based console even less appealing though. Gives them plausible deniability to eventually kill it ("No one was buying it/wanted it!).
the 2 tb one is limited edition, the 1tb discless is 50 more than the PS5 DE

Reactions: xollowsob

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023

if they only offer the 2TB with Disc moving forward it will be a price hike for people who want a console with a disc drive

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
That Series S at 350 with the PS5 digital currently at 400 (and currently a year of premium Netflix)
Then dropping a 2TB Series X at 600 with some random pollock paint with the upcoming Pro??

chart-monkey.png

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I'm insulted by it but it seems nobody cares about Xbox anymore (that is, if anyone ever did in the first place).

It seems like they just want to create confusion and maybe have some people believing this is supposed to compete with PS5 Pro. From now on I'm just going to assume Xbox is trying to sabotage the console market, otherwise it's just extremely hard to understand how they can come up with suck awful products.

Reactions: Luffy123

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I can't believe the series S is that expensive. It should be selling at 250 USD with a game pass sub. 350 is basically "go get a PS5 digital" price.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
There should be outrage over the price of all of the consoles, switch included. But that's what happens when consooomers and paypiggies with FOMO, brainwashed by years of Apple bullshit, believe paying more is a good thing.

When was the last time a console was $499 3.5 years into a generation? Never?

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
There should be outrage over the price of all of the consoles, switch included. But that's what happens when consooomers and paypiggies with FOMO, brainwashed by years of Apple bullshit, believe paying more is a good thing.

Nintendo will stop selling Switches at launch price when people stop buying them at launch price.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

I think the price of the current consoles, besides switch and series s, are perfectly acceptable for the level of tech you get in them. PS4 got a price cut to $300 in 2016, after inflation that's $392. PS5 is on sale for $399 right now. It is a little sad that Sony isn't pushing harder to get it down permanently though.