Xbox Owners: Do you plan to sell the Xbox if Microsoft goes third-party?

Will you sell your Xbox?

• Yes, i will sell my Xbox

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • No, i will keep my Xbox

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
Since the moment I bought Series X, I knew it was my last console. I bought it for the amazing BC library and enhanced games.

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
I've owned an XBOX SX since August 2021, and I've mostly played PS4\XO generation games on it that I missed before.

From its sale, I can get a maximum of 50% of what I paid for it... So let it stand on the shelf, especially since there is no XBOX region in my country, so I often bought games cheaper than on PS5.

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Honestly I might buy a used series X if they manage to jailbreak the thing so I could emulate absolutelly everything and anything on it.
But then again, might as well get a PC and save money on the headache medicine.

Arc

5 Sep 2023
I think this question was valid before the third party rumors, if you owned both.

It is shocking to the extent that Xbox does almost absolutely nothing to justify itself as a unique purchase.

It offers nothing more than the PS5 hardware-wise, and lacks a similar controller.

Exclusives either aren’t there or are meh.

Even GamePass, their former crown jewel has been matched on the PS5, and is experiencing a terrible run of content.

It’s as if Microsoft did the bare minimum to launch a console.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
People trying to get into the store today to trade in their Xbox consoles:

crowded-people.gif

I think this question was valid before the third party rumors, if you owned both.

It is shocking to the extent that Xbox does almost absolutely nothing to justify itself as a unique purchase.

It offers nothing more than the PS5 hardware-wise, and lacks a similar controller.

Exclusives either aren’t there or are meh.

Even GamePass, their former crown jewel has been matched on the PS5, and is experiencing a terrible run of content.

It’s as if Microsoft did the bare minimum to launch a console.
How about here in Brazil where the Series S has a higher MSRP than the PS5 and no disc are distributed anymore for the Series X? :ROFLMAO:

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
What's the point of a thread like this on a forum like this?

Can't wait for phase to blow over so the front page of this site will stop looking like an Xbox shrine 🥱🥱

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
How about here in Brazil where the Series S has a higher MSRP than the PS5 and no disc are distributed anymore for the Series X? :ROFLMAO:
The Series S does not have a higher MSRP here, the series X however, does.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Im probably the biggest xbox fanboy...much more hardcore than timdog and friend... and sadly i have to go with this decision of selling my beloved xbox....

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Series S MSRP: R$ 3.599
PS5 Slim Digital MSRP: R$ 3.799

A 5% difference between a PS5 and a Series S. :ROFLMAO:

My point still stands.
okay sure but thats not really the reality, a quick google search shows that most retailers are selling it for much cheaper than that.
further proof that its not even worth the MSRP lol
1707144827072.png

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
okay sure but thats not really the reality, a quick google search shows that most retailers are selling it for much cheaper than that.
further proof that its not even worth the MSRP lol
View attachment 4047
Well that is not on MS, that is just retailer wanting to get rid of old units that aren't selling.

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
Honestly I might buy a used series X if they manage to jailbreak the thing so I could emulate absolutelly everything and anything on it.
But then again, might as well get a PC and save money on the headache medicine.
If I'm not mistaken you can already emulate on the series X

• thinking_hard
Reactions: balrogboy

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I think it's great that everyone is selling their Series consoles.

If I manage to get an used Series S with controller for 50€ I'll probably get one, as I can still use the controller on the PC while the console goes to an older TV for streaming services (cheaper than a FireTV, for example).
Heck, I'd even pay 100€ for an used Series X.

EmberBlaine

26 Jan 2024
Murica
No, I plan on selling a decent amount of third party games I have on it and getting them again on PS4/PS5. I still want to use my Series X for first party games and a couple of third party games. Too much of a rickety ship to stay on as my primary platform.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Manny : Xbox trying to steal third party game from playstation to starve it from third party game

Tommy : Playstation eventually gets it revenge and everything that xbox spent are for nothing