Xbox profits (*Accountability Margin) revealed in new FTC leak

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Accountability margin isn't not net profit or operating profit, can't be compared to Nintendo or Sony numbers.

Pretty likely a ton of costs from their gaming division (servers, cloud gaming, OS/firmware, hardware, marketing...) aren't counted there but included in other divisions.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023

el-risitas-juan-joya-borja.gif

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

Gaming "journalism" these days is literally just spreading fanboy drivel and misinformation and hoping you don't get called out. Jason Schreier is pretty much the only real gaming journalist that exists.

Reactions: Puff

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
The disease of picking metrics/numbers and comparing it to actual success metrics/numbers from competirors to make xbox look successfull is spreading.

Derek and dring are the 2 recent ones.

If xbox profit margins/sales are so good then there is no reason to hide them 🤷‍♂️

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Gaming "journalism" these days is literally just spreading fanboy drivel and misinformation and hoping you don't get called out. Jason Schreier is pretty much the only real gaming journalist that exists.
Derek is usually good and pulls out the financials of these companies into good charts and comparisons

This is a rare miss from him

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Is anyone going to mention that Game Pass figure? It's absolutely incorrect so why is it there?

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Derek is usually good and pulls out the financials of these companies into good charts and comparisons

This is a rare miss from him
Nope, he had a super clickbait headline a while ago that said "Sony made 2.5 billion from their PC ports! - Sony's PC initiative is a major success", I called him out on it and that it was only a PORTION of a segment that made 2.5 billion and that PC only made 250m~ and he eventually edited it. Though his article is still full of BS. That's not the only time he messed up either, now that I think about it, Derek, BenjiSales, and Chris Dring were relatively normal and then they all started acting pro-Xbox right around the same time 🤔 Probably just a coincidence though

Reactions: Yobo

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I'd loathe to see a future where Microsoft controls so much of the gaming market that you have no choice but to tithe Microsoft every month. It's anti consumer and would eventually lead to companies releasing lower quality products because people's expectations are lowered since they're 'not paying' for the games (a sentiment I see way too often, subscriptions are obviously paid, so how are you not paying?).

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

lupumSolitarius

8 Jul 2023
Xbox being profitable really isn't a big deal. I'd be more shocked if they couldn't be able to capitalize on the huge revenue the division brings in. It's kind of meaningless to compare the profits for the 3 major manufacturing brands since most of it gets reinvested. PS has more revenue than Xbox so it can spend more to expand its business without external capital. This reality is kind of clear to see since PS studios are larger on average than Xbox studios, they operate in more regions than Xbox and they seem to spend more on advertising.