Xbox Series S 50% Off Via Verizon ($149.99 AGGRESSIVE Promo)

24 Jun 2022

It's for existing Verizon members only, and targeting the US market. You need promo codes in order to take advantage of it.

Personal opinion: Anyone know how Microsoft are able to afford subsidizing Series S systems by amounts this large? Or is this a case of Verizon taking a hit on the price so they can get more people into their program? Microsoft take payment upfront from retailers for console units and, if it's been mentioned correctly, don't buy back unsold stock.

So I'm led to believe this is Verizon taking a hit so they can get more customers long-term for their program. Still though, considering how the Series S has been selling the past 6+ months (not necessarily great), even in Xbox's traditionally strongest markets (US & UK)...this isn't necessarily helping the macro optics of brand health to those watching things transpire. If we start seeing more of this with other retailers (carriers or not) over the next few weeks, we'll know just how widespread the issue of Series S demand in the US market actually is (compounding on the earlier issues relative demand already seen in the last months of 2022).

Anyway...anyone here considering jumping in? 😂🤣

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Hold Fire Sale GIF

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Wonder how much they are losing on each?

Now it's so obvious why all the shills came out saying it was their favorite console on Twitter a while back. That Pena guy that was on G4 and others....

It's so blatant they are getting some type of compensation for this shilling.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Well, no idea what Verizon is, Venezuelan Amazon?

but 150 quid is silly money.

My favorite game of all time is Grim dawn, you can't get that on PlayStation. only Xbox and PC.

For 150 bucks, you could also get to play some games like ori 1 +2, even that new game that @adamsapple loves so much.

Pretty good bargain I think for consumers.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

My favorite game of all time is Grim dawn, you can't get that on PlayStation. only Xbox and PC.

For 150 bucks, you could also get to play some games like ori 1 +2, even that new game that @adamsapple loves so much.

For $150 (provided you are a verizon subscriber I guess), you get a current gen console as well as the most powerful-per-price emulation machine.

It really is an incredible deal.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
For $150 (provided you are a verizon subscriber I guess), you get a current gen console as well as the most powerful-per-price emulation machine.

i can not really argue about that, for lower-income families this is a fantastic deal, pity they did not have it over xmas

OP
OP
thicc_girls_are_teh_best
24 Jun 2022
Some mobile company also had a deal with game pass + a controller for your phone when you subscribe. They can't give away that shit for free.

Reminds me when they announced Game Pass PC in more countries + xCloud and their growth slowed down 🤣

I think the deal you're referring to was also Verizon. But, I could be wrong.

Wonder how much they are losing on each?

Now it's so obvious why all the shills came out saying it was their favorite console on Twitter a while back. That Pena guy that was on G4 and others....

It's so blatant they are getting some type of compensation for this shilling.

Series S must be the new yellow chair ;)

MS have to be losing a pretty penny on these systems, but I think this particular case it's Verizon taking the hit. They want more people in their program, so if they slash the price for the Series S they're hoping more people jump in.

It might lead to a small or modest uptick but I doubt it'll be a huge uptake.

Yeah, it's basically impulse-buy territory. If it were a deal available beyond just a program Verizon's trying to salvage, I'd recommend a pick-up by anyone with the spare cash. Especially if you put it in Dev Mode for emulation.

But that also can't really be a justifiable long-term pricing strategy for Microsoft, even if they can "afford" it.

Is that actually factually true? ETA Prime gets some really capable builds on $150/$200 systems.

I'd have to check through their channel for examples, though. For $150 it's a great deal I would say, just make sure you're a Verizon customer enrolled in the program and fetch a promo code (of course they do this right after I close my account with the 5G internet...which is actually pretty good IMO)

• they're_right_you_know
  • Informative
Reactions: Bryank75 and Sircaw

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Is that actually factually true? ETA Prime gets some really capable builds on $150/$200 systems.

I'd have to check through their channel for examples, though. For $150 it's a great deal I would say, just make sure you're a Verizon customer enrolled in the program and fetch a promo code (of course they do this right after I close my account with the 5G internet...which is actually pretty good IMO)

I don't follow ETA Prime, but legit how many $150 machines can run fucking XENIA, an emulator for X360 games. The Xbox emulation scene is improving leaps and bounds every week. All this on top of an actual genuine new gen console.

OP
OP
thicc_girls_are_teh_best
24 Jun 2022
I don't follow ETA Prime, but legit how many $150 machines can run fucking XENIA, an emulator for X360 games. The Xbox emulation scene is improving leaps and bounds every week. All this on top of an actual genuine new gen console.

Well, I won't contest that. Again for $150 it's a really good deal.

Of course none of this is the purpose of Series S in terms of the market, but it's good that it can have alternative uses that might make it more appealing for a smaller niche interested in emulation. Heck if this deal weren't walled behind Verizon and maybe shaved another $25 I'd impulse buy a Series S myself just for having another emulation machine.