Xbox shipped 3.2 million consoles in Q4 2022 (PS5 7.1 million)

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
The same keystone that shows PS and Switch shipments wrong? And from what I see it is based in CY and FY.
I mean maybe if you stop to look at numbers that are wrong you can have some luck next time.

So you still believes in your 50%? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I hope you do realize Microsoft is using Keystone for both the 3.2M and the year to year graph. It's impossible to accept the 3.2M but disregard the ~10M in 2022 from the same fucking source.

Ampere wasn't wrong in 2021 and this data does not contradict Ampere 2022 estimates.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I hope you do realize Microsoft is using Keystone for both the 3.2M and the year to year graph.

Ampere wasn't wrong in 2021 and this data does not contradict Ampere 2022 estimates.
Just compared the keystone graph with actual data from Nintendo & Sony.
Come back later and just be honest.

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
Just compared the keystone graph with actual data from Nintendo & Sony.
Come back later and just be honest.
Are you being dense? It's the same source for both figures. If you're going throw out the year to year graph you have to throw out the 3.2M for Q4.

I already know there are inconsistencies with the year to year graph. I went over that on my Twitter last night.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
These are shipped and not sold through numbers too. They were still working through holiday stock into 2023. No matter what the source is, the end result is the same: xbox significantly undersold projections, and it was due to low demand.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Are you being dense? It's the same source for both figures. If you're going throw out the year to year graph you have to throw out the 3.2M for Q4.

I already know there are inconsistencies with the year to year graph. I went over that on my Twitter last night.
The 3.2m matches the others data like Sony 7.1m.
The other not.

It is pretty easy to understand why one is wrong and other is not.

But you know that ;)

BTW your 4 million unsold Xbox at end of 2022 come from that 3.2m shipment?

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
The 3.2m matches the others data like Sony 7.1m.
The other not.

It is pretty easy to understand why one is wrong and other is not.

But you know that ;)

BTW your 4 million unsold Xbox at end of 2022 come from that 3.2m shipment?
Okay, so then if Keystone have the correct Xbox quarter shipments, explain why they wouldn't have the correct Xbox shipment for all of 2022?

Or, Microsoft is only using third party data when presenting info to the regulators

Unless you're going to argue Microsoft supplied Keystone a quarter number and not the yearly number with it.

Remember that 80:20 split in Europe isn't Microsoft's internal data either, it's always been third party data. The 31:69 split was referred to at the same time.

Also I adjusted my own estimates awhile ago, so I already had Xbox lower.

Nitro

Icon Extra
10 Apr 2023
North Pole
I remember Microsoft warning that many parents would be left empty handed holiday 2022 and that Xbox supply issues might continue into 2023:

[Tim Stuart] expected "that the supply chain environment could remain rocky through 2022 and the holiday season" [...] Manufacturers are facing two issues, according to Stuart: limited parts -- which he reportedly said "favour Series S consoles" -- and "elevated logistics pricing pressuring margins."

Sony received lots of flak for increasing the price of PS5 in return for greater production volume. But what was there to lose? If Sony had not raised the price, PS5 would still be scarce and scalpers would still be active. It made sense for Sony to pass the price on to consumers because PS5 would fly off the shelves anyhow. But the Xbox "anti consumer" brigade insisted otherwise.

2023 and Microsoft follow Sony in order to produce more Series X consoles.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
19-20M at max. best case scenario.
I think that during the first year or so (when consoles were often scalped) the ratio was much closer to some form of in the same ballpark, however I don't know how many consoles each manufacturer could manufacture.
Fzv_IfWXwAA5-35
The xbox MAU is pretty impressive given their sales... I assume they count windows users that do not log out of the xbox app, in this case this would be not so impressive. Or did the FTC manage to get console MAUs only out of xbox?

I wonder what these people are playing given that games do not really sell on this platform.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Sony received lots of flak for increasing the price of PS5 in return for greater production volume. But what was there to lose? If Sony had not raised the price, PS5 would still be scarce and scalpers would still be active. It made sense for Sony to pass the price on to consumers because PS5 would fly off the shelves anyhow. But the Xbox "anti consumer" brigade insisted otherwise.
That makes complete sense, scalpers sell your console for 50 to 100% more than retail, and they sell like hot cake. Bite the bullet, charge 10% more to your clients so that you can absorb the price hike from the supply chain to get more momentum.

I got mine before the price hike :p

Reactions: Nitro

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
The xbox MAU is pretty impressive given their sales... I assume they count windows users that do not log out of the xbox app, in this case this would be not so impressive. Or did the FTC manage to get console MAUs only out of xbox?

I wonder what these people are playing given that games do not really sell on this platform.

Xbox MAU is PC and anything with XBL account. It also now includes PlayStation and Nintendo.

So yeah Xbox console itself is way lower number than that.

Reactions: Johnic and Nhomnhom

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So in both MAU and Christmas quarter console sales Sony has over 2:1 advantage, and in Europe there's the 4:1 difference Pac-Man we already saw.

Nothing surprising, no big changes detected.

I think that during the first year or so (when consoles were often scalped) the ratio was much closer to some form of in the same ballpark, however I don't know how many consoles each manufacturer could manufacture.

PS MAU include PS4 and PS5, and maybe PC Remote Play app. MS MAU include XBO, Series and PC Xbox app.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
So in both MAU and Christmas quarter console sales Sony has over 2:1 advantage, and in Europe there's the 4:1 difference Pac-Man we already saw.

Nothing surprising, no big changes detected.

PS MAU include PS4 and PS5, and maybe PC Remote Play app. MS MAU include XBO, Series and PC Xbox app.
On the PS aide the PC remote play app connects using your PSN account, it would be the same MAU you use on your console.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
On the PS aide the PC remote play app connects using your PSN account, it would be the same MAU you use on your console.
Yes, I assume that in both MS and Sony cases when a same user connects in different devices in a single month is only counted once. Even probably in the case of a mobile app for store or remote play.