Xbox to lay off 650 employees

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

More redundancy being removed. That's pretty sad that this happens. I assume MS knew they would do this when acquiring Activision/Bethesda. Is there anyone left? They just laid off 1900 earlier.

Isn't this part of that?

Anyways, I've long said that MGS would get a cut this year to mirror the A-B and BGS cuts. If anything I was expecting two studio/ team closures, and maybe that still happens. But how do you have 650 non developer jobs to cut in a gaming division anyway? What do all of these people even fucking do?

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

More redundancy being removed. That's pretty sad that this happens. I assume MS knew they would do this when acquiring Activision/Bethesda. Is there anyone left? They just laid off 1900 earlier.

Again 🤣 find it hard to feel sorry for Devs that cheerleadered this acquisition

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Time to announce the Concord 2nd launch tonight at midnight, no one will know and so no bad PR 😎

The longer i go without it, the more I remember how great the game truly was. sigh......

Loved it for the outsmarting gunfights. What a shame. Unless its brought back looking different, then hell yes.

Lets take it to the Concord thread before we get jumped lol…

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Microsoft is on a roll:
  • January 2023 - 10000 in the whole MS, part of it affecting gaming in studios like 343 or Zenimax/Bethesda
  • July 2023 - 276 (customer service, support, sales, maybe not in gaming)
  • January 2024 - 1900 in gaming
  • September 2024 - 650 in gaming

I remember that when announced the January 2023 layoffs the MS execs were getting a private Sting concert in Davos (World Economic Forum)

"Feel the burn"

As a joke is fun, but whoever had the idea of posting the 'feel the burn' post back then deserved to be fired. They have to be empathetic with their coworkers.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Happy Good News GIF by Paramount Network

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Microsoft has the media by the "pussy" so no one made a big deal out of it when it was released. All the fake outrage will vanish and PS5 Pro will be hard to get. I'm preordering as soon as it's available to preorder here.
same deal with the PS Portal tbh, most people were skeptical but the media was absolutely going ham trashing it. Someone needs to talk about how the media's own stand is sold separately cause they certainly act crooked by themselves