Xbox’s Spencer Sees Progress Toward Activision Deal Approval, says he expects that console exclusives are something "we're just going to see less"

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Xbox's Phil Spencer is pleased with progress towards regulatory approval of the Activision deal, wants more cross-console play and fewer exclusives.

Phil Spencer tells Bloomberg he is seeing progress towards the Acti/Blizz deal approval "I will say the discussions we've been having seem positive" Also hopes for more cross-play among platforms & thinks we'll see fewer exclusive titles in the future. He says expects that console games are something "we're just going to see less and less of" in the future,

Phil also commented on Activision cleaning up its act & shared his take on unionizatio

Fa7jieAWYAA_SBO
Fa7joXnUIAAn_D_

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Love how MS is changing the industry……… ( not )
Can you imagine a company that doesn’t sell games and consoles like Nintendo or Playstation, yet gets to influence the industry so much by just money.

So now we won’t get console exclusives, and MS is buying up half the IP’s and publishers?
Coming from the corportation that made timed exclusive DLC a thing….

Reactions: Heisenberg007

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
“Maybe you happen in your household to buy an Xbox and I buy a PlayStation and our kids want to play together and they can't because we bought the wrong piece of plastic to plug into our television,” he said. “We really love to be able to bring more players in reducing friction, making people feel safe, secure when they're playing, allowing them to find their friends, play with their friends, regardless of what device — I think in the long run that is good for this industry. And maybe in the short run, there's some people in some companies that don’t love it. But I think as we get over the hump and see where this industry can continue to grow, it proves out to be true.”

Good guy Phil, being consumer friendly as always. This is the way forward.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I don't understand his reasoning, when asked a while back if Xbox series x will be the last console he said def not, this statement is now not working against that.

His long-term goal, is the end of Xbox console as a platform, am I missing something here?

Is the start of phasing Xbox out?

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Yesterday Gamescom was a good clue of MS vision of gaming, bunch of lowtier shitty games that will fill the subscription service. This company is pure horseshit, without their infinite money they would have been dead and forgotten thousands years ago.
They are dead and forgotten, what we are getting is just the horrible odor from their rotten decaying flesh corrupting everything.

“Less exclusives” kiss my ass Phil.
He literally just made an entire pub exclusive.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I wonder if this is pre-emptive damage control in case sony acquires a semi big company and decides to keep certain things exclusive. Good guy phil going multiplatform (except bethesda of course) and bad guy sony hogging exclusives. Of course its spin and double speak added in there too.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Less console games... well, yes if MSFT buys more developers and publishers I expect output to suffer across the industry.
Somewhere in the interview he wants to acquire studios in regions theyre not very big in AKA Japan I guess. Best case scenario they go after sega or somehow government of japan blocks them because sony and or nintendo protest. Anything else is a worst case scenario for sony.

And this is why SIE shouldve always been a priority for sony. They should have never sold their shares of SE, on the contrary they should have bought more. From soft was sold for pennies on the dollar, shouldve gotten them. Instead sony is caught flatfooted and out gunned money wise. Its insane that by being so dependant on third parties, they never sought ownership of key third party partners, even if just stock percentage buyouts. Even backwards nintendo has some stock in Sqaure and Bandai Namco.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
MS is moving to be more of a publisher with a console… that will release their games everywhere, like they do with windows and office applications…
Expect to see MS games on PlayStation platforms soon.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Somewhere in the interview he wants to acquire studios in regions theyre not very big in AKA Japan I guess. Best case scenario they go after sega or somehow government of japan blocks them because sony and or nintendo protest. Anything else is a worst case scenario for sony.

And this is why SIE shouldve always been a priority for sony. They should have never sold their shares of SE, on the contrary they should have bought more. From soft was sold for pennies on the dollar, shouldve gotten them. Instead sony is caught flatfooted and out gunned money wise. Its insane that by being so dependant on third parties, they never sought ownership of key third party partners, even if just stock percentage buyouts. Even backwards nintendo has some stock in Sqaure and Bandai Namco.
Why bother competing when you can just use daddies ( Microsofts actually profitable divisions) money to succeed.

• brain
Reactions: Hezekiah

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Why bother competing when you can just use daddies ( Microsofts actually profitable divisions) money to succeed.
Theres that of course but i think sony themselves carry some of the blame. Like i said, i dont understand how you be so dependent on third parties and not have an iota of ownership in any of them.

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Yesterday Gamescom was a good clue of MS vision of gaming, bunch of lowtier shitty games that will fill the subscription service. This company is pure horseshit, without their infinite money they would have been dead and forgotten thousands years ago.

It's clear that Game Pass is such a good bussiness model for them that exclusives dont matter anymore

Reactions: SSfox

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
“Maybe you happen in your household to buy an Xbox and I buy a PlayStation and our kids want to play together and they can't because we bought the wrong piece of plastic to plug into our television,” he said. “We really love to be able to bring more players in reducing friction, making people feel safe, secure when they're playing, allowing them to find their friends, play with their friends, regardless of what device — I think in the long run that is good for this industry. And maybe in the short run, there's some people in some companies that don’t love it. But I think as we get over the hump and see where this industry can continue to grow, it proves out to be true.” -- Phil Spencer
How do people listen to his bullshit and lies, not throw up, and instead chose to suck his balls?

Here he implies that gatekeeping and exclusives are bad. "Oh, think of poor Timmy. The horrors!" At the same time, he buys multiplatform publishers and makes their games exclusive, spends money on timed exclusive deals, and even blocks next-gen upgrades on PS5 (Yakuza LAD)?

"If you're an Xbox customer the thing I want you to know is this is about delivering great exclusive games for you, that ship on platforms where Game Pass exists. That's our goal. That's why we're doing this." -- Phil Spencer

Fucking Diarrhea of lies and hypocrisy comes out of his mouth!

Go, get fucked by a cactus, Philnochio!

Status
Not open for further replies.