XIM MATRIX Announced

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
XIM Community, more than a year ago we introduced XIM NEXUS which is our premiere gyro motion controller that is built from the ground up to bring the best of this unique style of aiming to the console shooters you play. It is our first XIM to target the convenience and comfort of living room play while providing mouse-like speed and accuracy of aim. XIM NEXUS was a departure from our typical mouse and keyboard product. As such, it enabled us to explore new methods for high fidelity input processing and gave us a platform to experiment in areas that we have never been.

We knew we wanted to build a new input adapter, but, it couldn't be just a revision of our last mouse and keyboard adapter: XIM APEX. Rather, it needed to take the advancements in XIM NEXUS and really innovate on what was possible as to not limit ourselves. We did just that and I'm so proud of what we've built. I am excited to share with all of you our new ultimate input adapter: XIM MATRIX!

XIM MATRIX is designed to unlock your true potential by not restricting you to the input experience limitations built into the shooters you play. We believe that you should be able game with the combination of input devices that suits you best and with whomever you choose. This is true for mouse and keyboard gamers, controller (standard and gyro) gamers, and gamers with disabilities.

At it's core, XIM MATRIX uses the same Smart Translator precision input technology that we have been refining over the last decade that has made XIM the quality standard in this space. Based on computer vision and machine learning, Smart Translators understand everything about a game's complex and unique thumbstick-based aiming system. This allows us to produce the level of aim quality that is synonymous with XIM products on higher precision input devices (such as mice and gyro). We are constantly updating our large database of games support.

We've taken things a lot further with the addition of our new Smart Actions Macro Engine. XIM MATRIX is our first input adapter to feature it. Smart Action sequences are designed to be very simple to make and use with their minimal set of action and timing primitives. What is unique about our system is its deep integration with Smart Translators. This gives you total control over the reticle in any way you choose. As a result, XIM MATRIX is the first input device ever to enable natural anti-recoil without negatively impacting your aim. The sky is the limit with Smart Actions and we look forward to seeing what the community builds!

XIM MATRIX supports any input device combination of mouse, keyboard, and controller. Some typical gaming usage scenarios are:

• Mouse and Keyboard: Standard PC gamer setup but with the added benefit of aim assist.
  • Mouse and Controller: Enables analog player movement with mouse aim (an excellent way to play).
  • Gyro Controller: Game with the convenience of a controller with mouse-like speed and precision.
  • Cross Console Controller: Game with a controller from another console that you prefer.
  • Same Console Controller: Use your existing setup but with the added power of Smart Action macros.
Controllers supported USB wired or Bluetooth wirelessly are:
  • Xbox Series
  • Xbox Elite 2 (mappable back paddles)
  • Xbox Elite
  • Xbox One
  • Xbox 360 (XInput compatible)
  • PlayStation 5 DualSense (gyro supported)
  • PlayStation DualShock 4 (gyro supported)
  • PlayStation DualShock 3
  • Nintendo Switch Pro (gyro supported)
  • Nintendo Switch Joycon (gyro supported)
  • XIM NEXUS
Consoles supported are:
  • Xbox Series X|S
  • PlayStation 5
  • Xbox One
  • PlayStation 4
  • PC
PlayStation 5 is enabled through Sony's Remote Play protocol (all others through USB). Do not let that the name fool you as there is nothing "remote" about it. Your monitor is still connected directly to your console. And, though XIM MATRIX's onboard wired Ethernet port, our custom protocol client written from the ground up for performance and consistency produces an input rate and latency experience equivalent to USB running at 1000Hz.

There is a lot more to talk about that I will be releasing over time. I want to thank antithesis, He4DHuNt3r, LITHE, and Od1n, our Alpha Testers, for all their time and feedback on XIM MATRIX. Make sure to check out Od1n's XIM Central channel that he runs for additional XIM-related news and content.

Bitwelder and myself (OBsIV) are working hard to get XIM MATRIX shipped as fast as we can. We are on track for a 2023 Q1 release. Thank you for your continued support!

OP
OP
Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Another proclaimed PC advantage struck off the list.
i play all my shooters with Xim Apex. but it is not supported on PS5 any longer so, Xim Matrix it is :D
i am not looking to cheat or whatever, but when it comes to shooters on controller, i have two right arms, so device like this is massive plus for me personally to enjoy shooters because i would skip them otherwise.

• party
Reactions: Bryank75

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I thought it was a game :D

I don't buy these 3rd-party adapters... imo they break the user experience intended by the developer.
In my view Sony should ban anybody that uses these tricks.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
If there is a market.....

The lengths to which folks go for a legs up on shooters is crazy. I hardly play them these days, and the one that I quit due to burnout, except for Trials of Orisis, is mostly a co-op/single-player shooter.

OP
OP
Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Yup these big companies love to get auro-ban software running rampant.
nah, it will work. sony can't do shit about it. and i happy for that.
fuck sony. i am up for people to choose with that they want to play.

these devices are very useful and in demand for people with disabilities, because these devices supports other devices needed to play.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
nah, it will work. sony can't do shit about it. and i happy for that.
fuck sony. i am up for people to choose with that they want to play.

these devices are very useful and in demand for people with disabilities, because these devices supports other devices needed to play.
Well, Activision Anti-Cheat already detects XIM, because 99% of people using them are using them to cheat. Epic is banning accounts in FortNite for them too.

Reactions: Bryank75

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
All this garbage should be banned. They’re sold at Walmart. I’m sure the disability arguments sounds really righteous but that’s not why they’re made or sold. In other words… BULLSHIT.

Should be straight up banned from distribution.

• they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Well, Activision Anti-Cheat already detects XIM, because 99% of people using them are using them to cheat. Epic is banning accounts in FortNite for them too.
this one using remote play, it is undetectable.
maybe activition detects Xim Apex, but they do nothing, because plenty of people is playing with it.
second, there are plenty of other devices which do the same
third, there are plenty of 3rd party controllers which do even more than xim apex.

what is cheating?

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
this one using remote play, it is undetectable.
maybe activition detects Xim Apex, but they do nothing, because plenty of people is playing with it.
second, there are plenty of other devices which do the same
third, there are plenty of 3rd party controllers which do even more than xim apex.

what is cheating?
Recoil elimination, and a few other macro functions. Instant reloads, that sort of thing. And anti-cheat software CAN detect them, don’t fool yourself.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Recoil elimination, and a few other macro functions. Instant reloads, that sort of thing. And anti-cheat software CAN detect them, don’t fool yourself.

Which is completely game breaking and will destroy an online game’s community and fun.

It’s like when pirates say they’re preserving games or pretend they buy the games they emulate at retail and rip the iso themselves. Yea okay… rofl

I actually appreciated Sony screwing all controller makers over without official licensing for the ps5 so far. You have one of the better online environments to play in because of it. Awesome.

Online gaming is the way of the world right now like it or not. Cheating devices and hacking in general are actually hugely damaging to a game’s livelihood.

Reactions: ethomaz
OP
OP
Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
no, it can't. it was confirmed by creator.
plus, sony wouldn't care anyways. they even let licence an adapter controller Hori TAC.

xim apex doesn't support natively most of these macros. but yeah, new one will. not sure why they decided to support it.
anyways. people who play professionally isn't using them anyways unless rules and regulations let's it.

• haha
OP
OP
Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Which is completely game breaking and will destroy an online game’s community and fun.

It’s like when pirates say they’re preserving games or pretend they buy the games they emulate at retail and rip the iso themselves. Yea okay… rofl

I actually appreciated Sony screwing all controller makers over without official licensing for the ps5 so far. You have one of the better online environments to play in because of it. Awesome.

Online gaming is the way of the world right now like it or not. Cheating devices and hacking in general are actually hugely damaging to a game’s livelihood.
new dualsense edge will do what dualsense just can't, so it is cheating, no?

• haha
OP
OP
Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
''PSN and XBL have removed their scripting/macroing policies from the ToS. The reason is probably because more and more licensed devices (such as fighting sticks) rely on scripts to provide all of their functions. So they removed scripting from being a cheating = bannable offense.

You can of course have your own subjective opinion on anti recoil being cheating or not, but from a legal point of view its not anymore, at least on consoles.''

• haha