@yosp already working to get Palworld onto PlayStation

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Microsoft should lock it down in my opinion. Sony locked down Genshin Impact and Honkai Star Rail which were great decisions. Microsoft needs to do the same with Palworld.
Won't happen.

Palworld is finding its succes on PC, not Xbox. Genshin Impact found its success on PS4, not PC.

PS is the biggest console platform, and Palworld will find significantly more success on PlayStation than Xbox.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Won't happen.

Palworld is finding its succes on PC, not Xbox. Genshin Impact found its success on PS4, not PC.

PS is the biggest console platform, and Palworld will find significantly more success on PlayStation than Xbox.

I agree and you're right. I'm just saying that if it was up to me, I would lock it down because you gotta have at least a few of these types of games.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
For a bigger upfront payment that could fund it for years or their next game.

Sell to MS and have them release on every screen available. That’s what MS is going to do anyways. The Xbox console business is dead.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: DocRay

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023

Given this game sold millions in a matter of days…I don’t think they’ll be needing the money lol and it’s only in early access right now. If you’re trying to look out for developer’s best interest, not Xbox, then multiplatform is the better option for them.

Reactions: kuzon

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Given this game sold millions in a matter of days…I don’t think they’ll be needing the money lol and it’s only in early access right now. If you’re trying to look out for developer’s best interest, not Xbox, then multiplatform is the better option for them.

I agree. I'm saying from a Microsoft point of view. They could use a few of these games and if it was me, I would lock it down.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I agree. I'm saying from a Microsoft point of view. They could use a few of these games and if it was me, I would lock it down.

I understand where you're coming from and if the acquisitions had provided an upswing for the Xbox consoles, I certainly think they would have been likely to do as you say...

I just can't see the benefit with current market conditions.

But gaming is wild...who knows!

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
They already got a bag from Gamepass to be on there and I'm sure that came with caveats of timed console exclusivity. No more deals or exclusivity extensions, the game is too successful, it will be on PS5.

Reactions: kuzon and Entropi

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Won't happen.

It will be a long time probably. Sony doesn't usually allow early access games on their consoles. Pocketpair said their are no plans for a playstation version as of right now. Palworld will be in early access for at least year. Probably longer.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
I understand where you're coming from and if the acquisitions had provided an upswing for the Xbox consoles, I certainly think they would have been likely to do as you say...

I just can't see the benefit with current market conditions.

But gaming is wild...who knows!

Xbox consoles will end up being the same as last generation. Outsold 2 to 1 overall worldwide. The main difference is that Microsoft doesn't need the console #1 or even #2 to be massively successful and profitable. In my eyes, they have the five pillars of gaming. Console, PC, Subscription, Cloud and Mobile. Mobile alone with King and Diablo Immortals/COD mobile will give them massive revenue and profits.

But we'll see.

As for Palworld, it's just what I would do if it was up to me mainly because Microsoft doesn't have these types of games so I would lock it down. What's the point in paying for exclusivity in the first place if you don't lock it down? I hate timed exclusivity. It's so fucking stupid and a waste of money. If im paying for exclusivity, im locking it down fully.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Xbox consoles will end up being the same as last generation. Outsold 2 to 1 overall worldwide. The main difference is that Microsoft doesn't need the console #1 or even #2 to be massively successful and profitable. In my eyes, they have the five pillars of gaming. Console, PC, Subscription, Cloud and Mobile. Mobile alone with King and Diablo Immortals/COD mobile will give them massive revenue and profits.

But we'll see.

As for Palworld, it's just what I would do if it was up to me mainly because Microsoft doesn't have these types of games so I would lock it down. What's the point in paying for exclusivity in the first place if you don't lock it down? I hate timed exclusivity. It's so fucking stupid and a waste of money. If im paying for exclusivity, im locking it down fully.
They'll end up being outsold at least 4-1 and maybe 5-1. Xbox Series is ending its life at 30mil tops.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty