@yosp already working to get Palworld onto PlayStation

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
They couldn't, even if they wanted to. Xbox needs to make money, haven't you heard?

Their gaming division is massively profitable and it's before they add in ABK. Console isn't separated. It's all within the gaming division which includes it all.

They'll end up being outsold at least 4-1 and maybe 5-1. Xbox Series is ending its life at 30mil tops.

Xbox is reportedly at 25m and PS5 is at 50m. It will stay that 2 to 1 ratio for the duration of this generation. So 50-60m total which is good for them and still successful and profitable.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Microsoft should lock it down in my opinion. Sony locked down Genshin Impact and Honkai Star Rail which were great decisions. Microsoft needs to do the same with Palworld.
Lock it down…for what? They’ll have no console in a few years? 😂 they’re actively trying to get their own games on other consoles and you think they should “lock down” a big game to their dying console? 🤣😂

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nimrota and Entropi

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Lock it down…for what? They’ll have no console in a few years? 😂 they’re actively trying to get their own games on other consoles and you think they should “lock down” a big game to their dying console? 🤣😂

Their next generation consoles already leaked. 2026 or 2027 (I would go with 2027).

I know the vast majority of you guys are hoping, wishing and praying for Xbox to die and go the Sega route but all any of you do is shit on all of their games so why would you even want that in the first place? Makes no sense. It would be like me wanting Nintendo games despite the fact that Nintendo could live forever or die tomorrow and it changes nothing for me.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Xbox to die and go the Sega route but all any of you do is shit on all of their games so why would you even want that in the first place?
Bethesda and Activision are not "their games" how many times we have to repeat that? People just want to continue having access to these devs and franchises like they always did. It's y'all that sound desperate when you call it port-begging. It's not and never will be 🤷‍♂️

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Their gaming division is massively profitable and it's before they add in ABK. Console isn't separated. It's all within the gaming division which includes it all.

Xbox is reportedly at 25m and PS5 is at 50m. It will stay that 2 to 1 ratio for the duration of this generation. So 50-60m total which is good for them and still successful and profitable.
Nope. Xbox started relatively strong (relative to last year, not relative to a healthy console) because of PS5 shortages. The gap has recently ranged from 2:1 in its strongest territory (the US) up to, what, 80:1 in Japan? Europe 9:1. UK 3:1. No chance in hell the Xbox suddenly starts keeping it close when it's on a death spiral.

And ABK needs to make money for ABK. MS is about to tank sales there by releasing titles on GP. They can't afford to make any more moves. The accountants are demanding ROI.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Gene Trailer Park Trash is comparing the sales of Palword to a full-price Playstation exclusive. Why not compare it to Pokemon, the easiest comparison ever, you fucking bitch?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Bethesda and Activision are not "their games" how many times we have to repeat that? People just want to continue having access to these devs and franchises like they always did. It's y'all that sound desperate when you call it port-begging. It's not and never will be 🤷‍♂️

They are Microsoft's because they own them. That's it. There's no discussion. If people can't understand this, that's on them. If Microsoft wants to port their games, they'll port them, if Microsoft wants to sell them, they'll sell them off, if Microsoft wants to make them exclusive, they'll make them exclusive.

You and others are confusing WHAT WAS and WHAT IS. What was ABK and Bethesda were third party independent publishers. What is ABK and Betehsda are now fully owned by Microsoft which eliminates them being WHAT THEY WERE.

PlayStation fanboys/extremists need to stop feeling like they're entitled to every game known to man when in reality, you're not entitled to a God damn thing.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Gene Trailer Park Trash is comparing the sales of Palword to a full-price Playstation exclusive. Why not compare it to Pokemon, the easiest comparison ever, you fucking bitch?

Is it actually sales, like the post says, or is it players, like the picture says?

If it's the former, than it means it's doing poorly on GP, as I'd expect them to brag on total player count.
If it's the latter, the numbers are less impressive, and still a poor look for GP.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Xbox consoles will end up being the same as last generation. Outsold 2 to 1 overall worldwide. The main difference is that Microsoft doesn't need the console #1 or even #2 to be massively successful and profitable. In my eyes, they have the five pillars of gaming. Console, PC, Subscription, Cloud and Mobile. Mobile alone with King and Diablo Immortals/COD mobile will give them massive revenue and profits.

But we'll see.

As for Palworld, it's just what I would do if it was up to me mainly because Microsoft doesn't have these types of games so I would lock it down. What's the point in paying for exclusivity in the first place if you don't lock it down? I hate timed exclusivity. It's so fucking stupid and a waste of money. If im paying for exclusivity, im locking it down fully.

With all the investment they made they have to sell more boxes or else it's laughable. Even if they are well positioned in other areas.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Is it actually sales, like the post says, or is it players, like the picture says?

If it's the former, than it means it's doing poorly on GP, as I'd expect them to brag on total player count.
If it's the latter, the numbers are less impressive, and still a poor look for GP.
its sales. its actually at 4 million copies sold now.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
They are Microsoft's because they own them. That's it. There's no discussion. If people can't understand this, that's on them. If Microsoft wants to port their games, they'll port them, if Microsoft wants to sell them, they'll sell them off, if Microsoft wants to make them exclusive, they'll make them exclusive.

You and others are confusing WHAT WAS and WHAT IS. What was ABK and Bethesda were third party independent publishers. What is ABK and Betehsda are now fully owned by Microsoft which eliminates them being WHAT THEY WERE.

PlayStation fanboys/extremists need to stop feeling like they're entitled to every game known to man when in reality, you're not entitled to a God damn thing.
Your little nice act is starting to crack and no these are not ports. Starfield was being developed for PS5 at the same time as Xbox, same for Hi-fi Rush, COD and everything. No ports involved. End of discussion.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Microsoft should lock it down in my opinion. Sony locked down Genshin Impact and Honkai Star Rail which were great decisions. Microsoft needs to do the same with Palworld.
Sony probably never locked it down.

Most likeley mihoyo doesn't see the Xbox platform as worth their time.

Which is a reality Xbox fans need to accept and not blame sony for games missing on their dieing platform.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
With all the investment they made they have to sell more boxes or else it's laughable. Even if they are well positioned in other areas.

No, they don't. They're not looking at each area individually. They're looking at gaming for them as a whole and as a whole, it's massively successful with a shit ton of revenue and profit. Also, Microsoft already stated after their last quarter that gaming is now #1 for them as a company, it's not Windows anymore. The console can sell 30m, 60m or 100m. Doesn't matter. Their entire gaming division and Xbox platform/eco-system is what they care about. And now that they have mobile gaming, they've basically secured their place in gaming. They're not going anywhere. Consoles is basically one of several options they give every consumer to get into their eco-system. You have PC, you have subscription with Game Pass, cloud and mobile. You have several options. It's up to each consumer which best suits them. It's nothing more and nothing less.

Your little nice act is starting to crack and no these are not ports. Starfield was being developed for PS5 at the same time as Xbox, same for Hi-fi Rush, COD and everything. No ports involved. End of discussion.

When did I ever say anything about ports? I know Starfield, Redfall, Rush and others were cancelled. I would have done the same exact thing. YOU would have done the same exact thing. So would everyone else. It's business. You're going to make what you're buying exclusive because why wouldn't you? There would be no point whatsoever in acquiring them if they didn't make it exclusive.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Which is a reality Xbox fans need to accept and not blame sony for games missing on their dieing platform.
They didn't lock it down. It's Mihoyo and Xbox that couldn't make a deal work. It's like the FF14 situation. Sony is getting blamed when the fault is on Xbox 🙄

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024

Perhaps but their platform is more successful than Xbox 360. How is it dying? Gaming wise, Microsoft has never ever been more successful then they are right now.

They didn't lock it down. It's Mihoyo and Xbox that couldn't make a deal work. It's like the FF14 situation. Sony is getting blamed when the fault is on Xbox 🙄

They couldn't reach a deal first. You truly believe that Sony doesn't lock down shit?

It's amazing, Sony locks shit down and pays for shit but it's all good, everything fine here. Microsoft does ANYTHING, OMG, I can't play it on my PlayStation, it's horrible. Oh no. What a fucking joke.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Perhaps but their platform is more successful than Xbox 360. How is it dying? Gaming wise, Microsoft has never ever been more successful then they are right now.
Xbox series consoles sales are tracking behind Xbox one, they haven't reported gamepass numbers officially in ages and now we hear from mat piscatala from npd gaming subs have platued.

Only thing they've been succussful at is buying out companies which isn't really a success of the gaming division.

That type of game doesn't suit the Xbox audience, who don't even have a meaningful presence in Asia, and now are losing more marketshare in the west.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Their next generation consoles already leaked. 2026 or 2027 (I would go with 2027).

I know the vast majority of you guys are hoping, wishing and praying for Xbox to die and go the Sega route but all any of you do is shit on all of their games so why would you even want that in the first place? Makes no sense. It would be like me wanting Nintendo games despite the fact that Nintendo could live forever or die tomorrow and it changes nothing for me.
Spider Man Lol GIF

You know it's bad when even Tom Warren is calling out your retardation. Gene is really a 🤡

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Xbox series consoles sales are tracking behind Xbox one, they haven't reported gamepass numbers officially in ages and now we hear from mat piscatala from npd gaming subs have platued.

Only thing they've been succussful at is buying out companies which isn't really a success of the gaming division.

That type of game doesn't suit the Xbox audience, who don't even have a meaningful presence in Asia, and now are losing more marketshare in the west.

That doesn't mean that Xbox is dying. They have a lot of sales and player counts on PC. They make a shit ton from their live service games. The console isn't the end all be all. It just isn't. This isn't 2005 or even 2015 anymore. Microsoft makes more money then ever before. They break their records almost on a quarterly basis but many believe that they're dying. Even Xbox 360 hit only 85m so for them to hit 60m or so life time with Xbox One and in time, Series consoles is huge in my opinion because they have way more options in how you can access their games and content. And this is before mobile kicks in.

As for Game Pass, why would it increase when they had nothing in 2022? It did increase with Starfield but most people especially hard core fans bought it instead mainly on PC since that's where the majority of Bethesda's fan base is at. It will increase again once they add COD to it and other games this year. It's not going to increase all the time. It's only going to increase at certain points. But to think Xbox is dying when all they do is break records almost quarter, seriously, come on. Microsoft and their gaming division will be just fine.

• haha
Reactions: Darth Vader

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So… anyone knows Japanese?
-Palworld: We sold over 1M copies in under 8 hours!
-Yoshida: Congratulations!
-Duckman (random Twitter user with only 34 followers and no relation to the company): Mr. Yoshida, please support us at SIE so that the PS5 version can be released soon!
-Yoshida: Yes

The thread title is wrong and misleading, Yoshida doesn't say to be already working on it. He only says "yes" to a fan asking them to support the game to be asap on PS.

Maybe @Jim Ryan today has been dipping his cookies on a cup of whisky instead of milk.

• Shake
Reactions: Entropi