2024 will be a monster year for PS5

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Do ya’ll think he has a point? He says that games that are 2nd and 3rd party exclusives don’t count for Sony because they’re not 1st party.

Reactions: Kokoloko

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
what does matter is that anything that comes out has to be big enough and highest quality possible.

FFVII
DS2
should be secure bets.

SH2
Stellar Ass
Ronin
should be good enough but there is chance one could be very disappointing.

the others, are not big enough.

if insomniac is able to release Wolverine next year.... I will cut my chorizo.

Reactions: Kokoloko

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Do ya’ll think he has a point? He says that games that are 2nd and 3rd party exclusives don’t count for Sony because they’re not 1st party.

in console warz. he is a absolutely right.

but to have that pov and engage with it is R rated.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
View attachment 2360

Here are juat some of the PS5 games for 2024
Did announce Stellar Blade, Wolverine, Silent Hill 2 and DS2 for 2024? As far as I remember Stellar Blade was announced for 2023 and the other ones are TBA.

But yes, I agree that all of them seem to be 2024 titles (with the exception of DS2, which may be instead 2025)

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
How much is Phil spencer paying him? Because i sure hope he isn't doing this for free
He just doesn't like it when PS fans behave like xbots. "Be happy it's not coming out on xbox" is a bad look, no different from bots celebrating Bethesda games skipping PS.

Reactions: toadsage44

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
OP is delusional if he thinks DS2 is coming next year. PS looks set to have FF7R2, maybe Wolverine and then a bucket of multiplayer slop. Oh and some soulslikes.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
There's at least one first party game from a third party studio which is Helldivers 2.
It's fully published by Sony (i.e. Sony paid the devs' salaries while they were making the game and probably owns the IP), even in the PC version. Just like Spider Man before Sony acquired Insomniac.

This is probably also the case with with Silent Hill 2, Final Fantasy Rebirth and Stellar Blade. They're probably Sony-owned IPs.

What counts is whether the console will have good games next year, and the answer points to yes.

Whether Sony owns the studios or not is irrelevant for 99.99% of the people who have a PS5 to play games.

It also doesn't really matter if Sony owns the studio or paid for the development as a direct or indirect publisher. If Sony owns an IP (e.g. Spider Man), it's irrelevant if they put their own studios working on it or pay another studio to develop their work.

Publishers with dev studios under their wing who also subcontract 3rd party studios to work on the same game happens all the time, There's almost never one single studio involved in a AA or AAA game. Studios specialized on 3d art tend to work for many studios and many games.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Yeah I do think he has a point. Something Ive been saying for the past year.
I have a feeling they will bring out Wolverine 2024, just like Spiderman MM 2020/ Then Ratchet and Clank 2021. I mean they have to at this point.

But he has a point, we have no idea whats coming 2024/2025 from 1st party. Apart from Wolverine, maybe Concord, the other Heist game and Bungie’s multiplatform game….

Death Stranding 1 came out in 2019 and its not 1st Party. 2024 means 5 years since the last game came out. Its kinda dumb the sequel is taking longer to develop than the original Death Stranding that came out after 4 years after MGS5. With no contracts, no engine choosen, no story developed etc etc...

If Sony’s 1st party, WWS, only has 1 single player AAA for 2024 ( nothing confirmed yet ) it would be a officially a Disastrous output for the generation and Id be calling for at least Hermans job

Last edited:

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
what does matter is that anything that comes out has to be big enough and highest quality possible.

FFVII
DS2
should be secure bets.

SH2
Stellar Ass
Ronin

Put Ronin in the "should be secure bets.". It won't be Wo Long, Fumihiko Yasuda is working on it.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023

FFVII
DS2
should be secure bets.

SH2
Stellar Ass
Ronin

Tiny carrots?

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
OP is delusional if he thinks DS2 is coming next year. PS looks set to have FF7R2, maybe Wolverine and then a bucket of multiplayer slop. Oh and some soulslikes.
Not a chance in hell Wolverine comes out next year. We haven’t even seen gameplay for it yet.