2024 will be a monster year for PS5

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
How is it lame, when the game was announced in late 2021? Lol
Its a shame to see because they should have these teams working full time on it, not starting full production a year after its announced.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I’m giving credit to Xbox. I don’t care that Flight Simulator isn’t developed by Xbox 1st party, it’s still there game. Also I don’t care about what’s 1st or 2nd party. As long as publisher cuts the check to make the game, it’s their game.
You dont care, but people do care. Im more interested to see whats coming from the Studios owned by PS. The ones they have invested into and will be around, proven.
The others could be gone by the next game they make. Just like Bloodborne and Demons Souls were “1st Party” last 2 gens, FromSoft there not making anything for PS atm.

Also Sony is waiting to announce their games until they’re ready to be shown. Games are taking longer to make these days.
Like Wolverine lol…

There First party Studios, Playstation Studios and the head ( Hermen ) are badly organised this generation and thats all there is to. We shouldnt be operating at the same or slower speeds of PS4 gen. They made tons of money and havent done well with it

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
We shouldnt be operating at the same or slower speeds of PS4 gen. They made tons of money and havent done well with it
The games should take more time and people to be developed than in the previous gen, always has been in that way. Because games have more detail, are bigger and with more stuff. This generation there's the biggest paradigmm shift since moving from 2D to 3D so the high end teams who make engines will take even longer. They will also change the way they work in terms of design, programming and art.

Hermen and Jim decided not only to acquire, but to highly grow their tteams to the point each studio will be able to work in more games at the same time than before, as Insomniad did, to be able to have in the future more frequent releases even if each game required more development time than before.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The games should take more time and people to be developed than in the previous gen, always has been in that way. Because games have more detail, are bigger and with more stuff. This generation there's the biggest paradigmm shift since moving from 2D to 3D so the high end teams who make engines will take even longer. They will also change the way they work in terms of design, programming and art.

Hermen and Jim decided not only to acquire, but to highly grow their tteams to the point each studio will be able to work in more games at the same time than before, as Insomniad did, to be able to have in the future more frequent releases even if each game required more development time than before.

I know they take longer. I have worked in game development.
Lets see if Sony has done enough to keep up. They made enough money to expand, Time will tell. Insomniac the only one showing its changes.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I know they take longer. I have worked in game development.
Lets see if Sony has done enough to keep up. They made enough money to expand, Time will tell. Insomniac the only one showing its changes.
Insomniac didn't make any change. Insomniac historically released around a game per year or so because unlike most of the other teams who only had a single big development team inside, Insomniac had 3 or 4 because they had a lot of people in their two offices.

One of the reasons of why Jim Ryan and Hermen have been highly growing the manpower of their other 1st party internal development teams is to allow the work in ore big projects at the same time and not only one, as Insomniac already did.

Jim and Hermen also acquired more development studios to work in even more 1st party games at the same time, and also hired more support studios to give their internal teams even more manpower. Or even handle themselves new tasks they wanted to add (PC ports, mobile games, GaaS/MP games etc).

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Barely surviving this year. Once BG3 and SM2 are done hopefully I can take a break from gaming for the rest of the year. Especially the way 2024 is coming in.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 223

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
View attachment 2360

Here are juat some of the PS5 games for 2024
Naughty Dog has yet another Remaster of Last of Us (we now have more remasters than orginal games)

Wolverine may not come in 2024?

There's Rise of The Ronin which looks like a low budget Ghost of Tsushima

So what does Sony have planned for 2024? It’s time literally any studio under Sony’s umbrella other than Insomniac provide a meaningful update.

Hopefully we get something at the Game Awards
What? 🤡

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Tekken 8
Death Stranding 2
Stellar Ass
Ff7 Rebirth
MGS3 remake
GTA6

Im good for 2024

Amd this is coming from a guy who still having backlog of games from 2014

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
😂😂 good job finding this cuz this is hilarious

image.png

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Do ya’ll think he has a point? He says that games that are 2nd and 3rd party exclusives don’t count for Sony because they’re not 1st party.

I think it's a stupid point. Who cares if games are 1st, 2nd or 3rd party. Even more, who cares if they are exclusive or not.

The important thing is having a lot of great great games to be released, having a healthy lineup for the platform where you play.

But he has a point, we have no idea whats coming 2024/2025 from 1st party. Apart from Wolverine, maybe Concord, the other Heist game and Bungie’s multiplatform game….
As I remember Concord (internal development 1st party team) and TLOU2R were announced for 2024. As so are the (2nd party, but still 1st party) Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin and Helldivers 2 and some China Hero Project stuff. Even if they didn't announce release date, Marathon apparently was planned for 2024 but seems to have been delayed to 2025. There's Wolverine and DS2, which could be 2024 but I think 2025 is more realistic.

Then there are unannounced games which could be released in 2024 too, like the next Team Asobi game, Cory's new IP or one of the games under development at Firesprite. There's the Ballistic Moon game: the company has this name since 2019, but just realized that before 2019 Ballistic Moon was called "Game Mechanics LTD", company that existed since 2014. So maybe they were working on their current Sony published game before 2019 and could be ready for 2024.

And there's a rumored 2nd party game by Sumo, which who knows if it's real and in that case who knows when it would be released. And well, they may also have unannounced 2nd party VR stuff in the works. Plus obviously more PC ports on top of the HFW already announced one.

😂😂 good job finding this cuz this is hilarious

image.png
I thought the same just before entering the thread.

Last edited:

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I think it's a stupid point. Who cares if games are 1st, 2nd or 3rd party. Even more, who cares if they are exclusive or not.
People go crazy over this and will do gun duel to the death over who is 2nd or 3rd party and which of their games really count in system exclusive lists.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

The important thing is having a lot of great great games to be released, having a healthy lineup for the platform where you play.

As I remember Concord (internal development 1st party team) and TLOU2R were announced for 2024. As so are the (2nd party, but still 1st party) Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin and Helldivers 2 and some China Hero Project stuff. Even if they didn't announce release date, Marathon apparently was planned for 2024 but seems to have been delayed to 2025. There's Wolverine and DS2, which could be 2024 but I think 2025 is more realistic.

Then there are unannounced games which could be released in 2024 too, like the next Team Asobi game, Cory's new IP or one of the games under development at Firesprite. There's the Ballistic Moon game: the company has this name since 2019, but just realized that before 2019 Ballistic Moon was called "Game Mechanics LTD", company that existed since 2014. So maybe they were working on their current Sony published game before 2019 and could be ready for 2024.

And there's a rumored 2nd party game by Sumo, which who knows if it's real and in that case who knows when it would be released. And well, they may also have unannounced 2nd party VR stuff in the works. Plus obviously more PC ports on top of the HFW already announced one.

I thought the same just before entering the thread.
I think exclusives do matter. First-party or third-party? Not as much.

Ultimately, "lots of good games releasing" may not matter as much if they're not releasing on the console you have.

• they're_right_you_know

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Ultimately, "lots of good games releasing" may not matter as much if they're not releasing on the console you have.
Yes, I meant that what is important is to have a lot of great games in your console -in this case PS5, the one we were talking about-, independently if they are exclusive or not, 1st party, 2nd party, 3rd party or whatever. Which is going to be the case for PS5, I think that as usual most people won't be able to play all the great games of that year released there that they wanted to play. People just want to have great games to play.

We were talking about the year that PS5 will have regarding games released for it. Not about games going to be released exclusively elsewhere and that PS5 users may supposedly miss. Btw I don't know which 2024 Nintendo or Xbox console exclusive were going to miss the PS5 users, I'd say only maybe Hellblade 2 for a few ones who played and liked the first one if it really gets released in 2024 (I think it won't) and if it ends being good (the first one was ok, and if they rush it too much to have it for 2024 may end getting a yellow MC).

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Yeah it's looking PACKED. I honestly think it'll be even better than this year, and his year was crazy too!

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

If you happen to not have the console where they are (let's say you have an xbox or playstation and you want to play Zelda + Mario, well you're out of luck and you bought the wrong machine).