4K TVs Tech Thread: LG, Sony, Samsung, TCL, Hisense...Panasonic??

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Sony 2024 lineup seems to be completely mini-LED. This is kind of surprising to me since it looks like they're completely abandoning OLED as a tech, the only TVs that are OLED are gonna be 2023 carry-overs. Also surprising how expensive they're going to be. The panels look good though, want to see how they review

*edit* I guess they -are- refreshing their OLED line with the bravia 8. The naming convention is inexplicable. Bravia 3, 7, 9 - miniLED. Bravia 8 - W-OLED. wtf were they thinking

Last edited:

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I had a 48 Inch Sony A90K oled 4K tv for a little bit there until I returned it for the Samsung - 48" Class S90D Series OLED 4K and overall I think the Samsung TV is just slightly better overall in picture quality and 120fps seems just a tiny bit more smoother on this tv!

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I had a 48 Inch Sony A90K oled 4K tv for a little bit there until I returned it for the Samsung - 48" Class S90D Series OLED 4K and overall I think the Samsung TV is just slightly better overall in picture quality and 120fps seems just a tiny bit more smoother on this tv!
Most people do prefer Samsung's tonemapping/color temp out of the box. But the S90D is much newer than the A90K, uses a newer panel that gets a lot brighter.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Most people do prefer Samsung's tonemapping/color temp out of the box. But the S90D is much newer than the A90K, uses a newer panel that gets a lot brighter.
how does google tv compare to samsung tv/tizen tv?

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I don't like tizen as I find it to be laggy. But tbh I haven't seen the s90c or d in person so they could have improved it, I'm basing this off of a 4 year old Samsung
Do you know if cartoon network is availbe on either one of them. I just want to watch some toonami on the weekends