"A console without exclusives is like a human without a soul" - Pyo

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Unfortunately on top of being incompetent Totoki, Nishino and Hulst are also very arrogant. It doesn't matter if you can see the iceberg coming they won't change course.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Fanboys on every side always talk a good game but when it comes to actually being active and make a decision, they all back down very quickly.

For example, Sony is porting games to PC and let's be honest, will eventually be day one. Is anyone who's a PlayStation owner and console gamer leaving? The answer to that is nope. These people are going nowhere because they all shit on Microsoft and Xbox so they're not going there, Nintendo isn't giving them the blockbusters they want so they're not going there so the only other option to play games would be on PC but unless you're willing to spend a few thousand of dollars up front, they're not going there either.

Another example is the Lego Horizon game. Those here who want to play it will do so on their PlayStation 5. For those who don't want to play it and are upset or whatever, are you going anywhere? Again, the answer is no.

All Xbox fanboys and PlayStation fanboys deep down are exactly the same. They all talk a good fucking game (like I did six months ago) but at the end of the day, they're all staying where they're at and going nowhere (just like me) and even if you get that one rare exception like a Timdog, one individual person leaving/switching compared to the tens of millions of people that don't means absolutely nothing.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
For example, Sony is porting games to PC and let's be honest, will eventually be day one. Is anyone who's a PlayStation owner and console gamer leaving?
Sure as hell the PS6 purchase is not guaranteed, heck if squeenix is going to do day 1 pc releases for final fantasy I wont buy the next console and stop buying games on playstation. Thinking about buying space marine 2 on steam instead of ps, heck they pissed me off so much that I wont even buy the ps5 pro which I was 100% going to, there are many more like me.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
100% agree. Platforms have had exclusives for decades. PS and Nintendo had there most profitable gameslast gen selling exclusives

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
For example, Sony is porting games to PC and let's be honest, will eventually be day one. Is anyone who's a PlayStation owner and console gamer leaving?
Maybe some.

Even if not, Playstation or Nintendo putting there games on other platforms like PC or Xbox, leaves potential customers going to the rival platform and buying there games there instead. Thats what attracts people right, games. And yes there are other things that are in play like budget and play style. But games are also a factor.

Kids grow into teenagers and into adults, theres always new customers. They will go where the games they want to play are. And certain games could be deciding factors. Alot of us have been there.

I think most people here and gamers, choose there platform to game on because they liked the games the Platform gave or the way they like to play. And yes budget is including but exclusive games always make differences into bringing people to there platform, even if the hardcore or not casual

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

I'm very glad more people are saying this and feeling what I have felt for a while now.

The ports hurt, the day one releases and pc focus has hurt PlayStation and the culture we had.

Pyo spends to much time baiting and attention farming. He runs with what ever naritive is popular and farms hate against ps if it gets him clicks and views.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Sure as hell the PS6 purchase is not guaranteed, heck if squeenix is going to do day 1 pc releases for final fantasy I wont buy the next console and stop buying games on playstation. Thinking about buying space marine 2 on steam instead of ps, heck they pissed me off so much that I wont even buy the ps5 pro which I was 100% going to, there are many more like me.

Okay but would still play Sony's games on PC? If so, what's the difference? You're still playing their games. If not, then it's a completely different story.

Maybe some.

Even if not, Playstation or Nintendo putting there games on other platforms like PC or Xbox, leaves potential customers going to the rival platform and buying there games there instead. Thats what attracts people right, games. And yes there are other things that are in play like budget and play style. But games are also a factor.

Kids grow into teenagers and into adults, theres always new customers. They will go where the games they want to play are. And certain games could be deciding factors. Alot of us have been there.

I think most people here and gamers, choose there platform to game on because they liked the games the Platform gave or the way they like to play. And yes budget is including but exclusive games always make differences into bringing people to there platform, even if the hardcore or not casual

Yeah, true but let's say for argument sake and I won't include Nintendo since they're a gen or two behind in tech all the time but if every Sony/Microsoft game is on the competitor's platform (day one or later), I would think that it would then come down to if you're an online co-op/multi-player gamer which if the person is, I would think that they would stay where their friends are playing. If the online co-op/multi-player aspect doesn't apply, then I would think that it would come down to which platform offers you the most benefits besides just their games as well as the controller and what it offers compared to the other platforms, trophy system, user interface, etc.

Will be very interesting to see how the next decade plays out.

The hype surrounding Playstation have never been so low. It's all tainted by gaas and PC so the rest doesn't hit as before. The PS Studios logo used to give you goosebumps, now it's just something you see on STEAM.

Maybe because im more of a casual gamer than a hardcore gamer but I have been hyped for PlayStation for the entire generation and this year has been great. Ronin isn't anywhere near Tsushima but Rebirth was excellent and I love Stellar Blade to where I got the platinum trophy which I only ever attempted in Days Gone. Plus, Astro Bot is two weeks away!!

Seeing the PS Studios logo excites you but not because the games are exclusive but because you know that at least 8 out of 10 times, you're going to get an amazing game. One thing that I see here and with Xbox fans is that if the game isn't exclusive, it somehow becomes a worse game or isn't worth playing which I don't understand. God of War Ragnarok is my second best game of the generation and my 2022 game of the year. It being released on PC in a month or whatever doesn't change that at all.

Like I said above, it's going to be very interesting to see what happens over the next decade.
On the internet it's extremely negative.

In fairness, 90% of discussion on the internet is negative and toxic. It's like no one can enjoy anything at all and when you dig through the reasons why, it becomes clear that those people are fucking nuts because their "reasons" are the most illogical, nonsensical, ridiculous reasons you've ever read.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Fanboys on every side always talk a good game but when it comes to actually being active and make a decision, they all back down very quickly.

For example, Sony is porting games to PC and let's be honest, will eventually be day one. Is anyone who's a PlayStation owner and console gamer leaving? The answer to that is nope. These people are going nowhere because they all shit on Microsoft and Xbox so they're not going there, Nintendo isn't giving them the blockbusters they want so they're not going there so the only other option to play games would be on PC but unless you're willing to spend a few thousand of dollars up front, they're not going there either.

Another example is the Lego Horizon game. Those here who want to play it will do so on their PlayStation 5. For those who don't want to play it and are upset or whatever, are you going anywhere? Again, the answer is no.

All Xbox fanboys and PlayStation fanboys deep down are exactly the same. They all talk a good fucking game (like I did six months ago) but at the end of the day, they're all staying where they're at and going nowhere (just like me) and even if you get that one rare exception like a Timdog, one individual person leaving/switching compared to the tens of millions of people that don't means absolutely nothing.
I am not welling to build an expansive PC at the moment though I am missing alot of good UE5 games becauseI am not welling to play them with Vaseline filter. But, if next single player Naughty dog game is on PC day 1, then I am definitely gonna spend $3000+ on PC.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022

I'm very glad more people are saying this and feeling what I have felt for a while now.

The ports hurt, the day one releases and pc focus has hurt PlayStation and the culture we had.

Microsoft knows. They have consistently invested the most in exclusivity and marketing deals since the 360 gen. Only recently they shifted to buying out third party multiplatform publishers in an attempt to starve playstation from content.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Maybe some.

I don't think PlayStation fans are tight in budgets, most spend huge money. It's either style of play ( blurred dividing line with micro itx and big screen mode) or because they like the exclusive games. Thus, PS6 sales and PS+ subscriptions are not guaranteed.

Reactions: Bryank75