"A console without exclusives is like a human without a soul" - Pyo

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
The scale is very small in comparison to a psp or a PS4 or PS5.
Oh absolutelly, I think that at the end of the day the biggest issue with steam deck/steam machines is that its targeted at the pc crowd, who doesnt really want to play anywhere else other than PC. and it makes no sense for console owners to switch to another plataform where they would need to rebuild their library from scrap.
Where vita sold over ten and was considered a flop.
Unlike the Vita, a steamdeck is just a mobile PC. you can just play whatever games you already own and from the ground up valve doesnt depend on the device's success, unlike a console maker like sony.
That being said I would really love a propper modern portable device from sony, nothing wrong with the portal but what I really want is to play games while commuting to and from work.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75
31 Aug 2024
I think handheld pc's are a way bigger threat to traditional consoles, thsn steam machines/desktop pc's.
You're correct handheld PC's like the Rog Ally Stam Deck and MSI Claw can pretty much play Xbox and PS exclusives since they all release on steam anyway and you can hook up a handheld pc to a tv with a usbc to hdmi doc

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
You're correct handheld PC's like the Rog Ally Stam Deck and MSI Claw can pretty much play Xbox and PS exclusives since they all release on steam anyway and you can hook up a handheld pc to a tv with a usbc to hdmi doc
I think Asus announced one with Steam OS pre-installed on it.

These things could be serious treat to consoles.

Reactions: R4tion4l Sk3pt1c