"A console without exclusives is like a human without a soul" - Pyo

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Xbox is bringing a 1st party game to PC before Xbox lol
Microsoft owns a shitload of historic PC franchises in genres that don't easily translate (flight sims, rts, etc.) It makes sense for some games to hit PC first. What it doesn't make sense is for them to ever hit Playstation, which is now whats happening.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Microsoft owns a shitload of historic PC franchises in genres that don't easily translate (flight sims, rts, etc.) It makes sense for some games to hit PC first. What it doesn't make sense is for them to ever hit Playstation, which is now whats happening.
I mean Xbox has been a thing for nearly 25 years and if I were an Xbox fan I'd be pist Microsoft puts some games on PC before Xbox or not on Xbox at all. What's funny is you come into a thread that says consoles should have exclusives to say anti exclusive bs

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Nonsense. Outdated thinking.

As if Fortnite, Minecraft, or Hades are any less experiences because people on other platforms can play them. A preposterous lowbrow article targeting a sad audience.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I mean Xbox has been a thing for nearly 25 years and if I were an Xbox fan I'd be pist Microsoft puts some games on PC before Xbox or not on Xbox at all. What's funny is you come into a thread that says consoles should have exclusives to say anti exclusive bs
No real fan of those games would play them on anything other than a PC. Unless someone was hooking a keyboard up to an Xbox.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Unless someone was hooking a keyboard up to an Xbox.
s-l1200.jpg

We need to return to tradition and get controllers like this one that was made for Phantasy Star Online

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
As someone who's looking forward to playing Towerborne, it being delayed to 2025 for Xbox Series consoles is great for me because I have no time to play it especially considering the fact that it's a live service game and seems to be pretty freaking huge. Not only that but it being in Early Access on PC is even better for me because Stoic will take all the feedback and make the game even better when they launch their 1.0 full release. As for Early Access being on PC and not Xbox Series consoles, it's disappointing but understandable because consoles have a certification process when the game gets updates/patches where as on PC, there is no certification required. Watching the 30+ minute gameplay walkthrough from Gamescom, there's easily a few things I would recommend changing if I was playing it on PC. Move the players health bars to the top or bottom of the screen with the abilities in the opposite spot. Having all these health bars and whatnot next to the characters becomes way too much visual clutter on screen so hoping a lot of people mention that while playing it in Early Access.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
s-l1200.jpg

We need to return to tradition and get controllers like this one that was made for Phantasy Star Online
There needs to be some sort of revolution in input methodology to make the keyboard obsolete. The fact that it's still the fastest way to enter text despite 60+ years of technological advancement is baffling.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
For example, Sony is porting games to PC and let's be honest, will eventually be day one. Is anyone who's a PlayStation owner and console gamer leaving? The answer to that is nope. These people are going nowhere because they all shit on Microsoft and Xbox so they're not going there, Nintendo isn't giving them the blockbusters they want so they're not going there so the only other option to play games would be on PC but unless you're willing to spend a few thousand of dollars up front, they're not going there either.
For a couple of hundred, one could get an Ally and have pc gaming (mods, fixes, no onlineplay paywall, no ps+ fee for cloudsave backups), plus portability on top. Barrier to PC entry aint what it once was.

I personally think portable handheld pc's are more a threat to console marketshare than pc's themselves.

Last edited:

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
As someone who's looking forward to playing Towerborne, it being delayed to 2025 for Xbox Series consoles is great for me because I have no time to play it especially considering the fact that it's a live service game and seems to be pretty freaking huge. Not only that but it being in Early Access on PC is even better for me because Stoic will take all the feedback and make the game even better when they launch their 1.0 full release. As for Early Access being on PC and not Xbox Series consoles, it's disappointing but understandable because consoles have a certification process when the game gets updates/patches where as on PC, there is no certification required. Watching the 30+ minute gameplay walkthrough from Gamescom, there's easily a few things I would recommend changing if I was playing it on PC. Move the players health bars to the top or bottom of the screen with the abilities in the opposite spot. Having all these health bars and whatnot next to the characters becomes way too much visual clutter on screen so hoping a lot of people mention that while playing it in Early Access.
And this is what Xbot copium looks like 🤮

Reactions: Plextorage

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
And this is what Xbot copium looks like

Coping over Towerborne??? LMAO

Even if it was in Game Preview on Xbox, I still wouldn't play it until it's full release as I rarely if ever play games in Early Access because I know it's not complete/finished yet. But hey, if you want to believe im coping over Towerborne, knock yourself out there bud. lol

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Without console exclusives you may as well put every game on PC and PC only.

toucandela

24 Sep 2022
mishmash.games
Even if Playstation put everything on PC, the PS5 and 6 will both sell 100+ million because they have no direct competitor. Nintendo are doing their own thing. Xbox have shit the bed and are smearing it on their face. A playstation costs less than a gaming PC and is easier to use, and it plays games better than a laptop or mobile. Playstation can make all kinds of poor decisions and it will only slightly affect the bottom line until either Xbox sober up or a serious new competitor arrives looking for the same demographic. Beyond that only a paradigm shift in gaming will change things, such as streaming taking over which I think unlikely.

I like the way that exclusives shape a consoles image and can be linked to the hardware like Wii and DS. And it's fun to have Knack memes. Calling it a 'soul' is a bit much because I see it more as a brand image, business and marketing. But I get the point being made. The only platform I see doing that currently is Nintendo, which is why Switch is seen as the best console for kids and family. Even though they have branched into more teen/adult titles. Playstation currently is just where you get AAA on cheaper hardware; the games have very little connection to the console.

Just my 2c

Reactions: 64bitmodels