OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
With Xbox disappearing and the pc market so weak, while PlayStation is picking up steam in China....

I can see PlayStation having the latitude to avoid porting to pc further.

Especially given the difficulties they've had with Helldivers 2, PSN registrations and Concord.... Even the single player games sales have been very soft.

The upsides have certainly not met expectations.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
PlayStation is releasing the vast majority of their games on PC.

This is not an XBox thing. It’s a fundamental sea change in the market. The console industry is 45 years old. It’s not a coincidence that two of the three (if you even count a handheld) major players went third party in the span of two or three years from one another.
And how are their PC releases doing? Dog shit.

Reactions: arvfab

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
And how are their PC releases doing? Dog shit.
Helldivers 2 did gangbusters on PC and none of their single player ports were created with the PC market in mind. That will change. Their strategy also hasn’t changed, if anything they’ve gone more heavily into PC over the last couple of years, not less.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Helldivers 2 did gangbusters on PC and none of their single player ports were created with the PC market in mind. That will change. Their strategy also hasn’t changed, if anything they’ve gone more heavily into PC over the last couple of years, not less.
Concord sold shit on Pc ffs.

Child Smile GIF

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Are you sure? Apple is failure after all with their all exclusives 😂
Apple is one of the worst companies out there. Overpriced products that remove features (headphone jack) to make you pay for them back, overrestrictive software that doesn't give the user a lot of control (ios and macos), proprietary chargers causing unnecessary e-waste when USB-C has proven to work just fine, overrestrictive Apple store that doesn't let people buy and install from other stores (iOS).

Apple is the face of greed dude. They're successful yes, and it really sucks that they're successful!

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Helldivers is a 3rd party game that isn't under the creative control of Sony 1st party studios. Also have you seen how Helldivers is doing lately?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
mind reading and automated typewriter?

already seen a gamer beat the game where inputs are made from mind reading :D
I actually considered that before posting and decided that it will never work. How often in a work e-mail do you just want to type out "do your fucking job" to the other guy, or in a game how often do you think "oh I want to jump off of that cliff"? No, mental plug-ins will never work...

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Helldivers is a 3rd party game that isn't under the creative control of Sony 1st party studios. Also have you seen how Helldivers is doing lately?
Sony literally owns the IP, they let Arrowhead take the reigns for creative control but can unilaterally take it back either whenever they feel like it or when their current contract is up, no one is sure of the details.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Helldivers is a 3rd party game that isn't under the creative control of Sony 1st party studios.
Helldivers 2 is a PlayStation Studios title. Unless they're lying on their boot up screen for some reason.
Also have you seen how Helldivers is doing lately?
Averaging 25k on Steam. Likely another 15k on PS5. 40k average CCU this far away from launch is absurd. What a W for PlayStation.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I actually considered that before posting and decided that it will never work. How often in a work e-mail do you just want to type out "do your fucking job" to the other guy, or in a game how often do you think "oh I want to jump off of that cliff"? No, mental plug-ins will never work...
How many times people write a text, then deletes it and writes and post new one?
Mistakes happens all the time especially when you are in your head, you are typing what you are thinking in the moment instead of actual text 😁 never happened any of that to me.. i swear 😁

By the way, my answer was about, how fast, efficiency.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Too bad he fucked up at the end. The idea of a Sony launcher is delusional, they just needed to stay out of PC gaming.
If they needed to step into PC gaming that bad, they still could have done so without supporting Windows.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
With Xbox disappearing and the pc market so weak, while PlayStation is picking up steam in China....

I can see PlayStation having the latitude to avoid porting to pc further.

Especially given the difficulties they've had with Helldivers 2, PSN registrations and Concord.... Even the single player games sales have been very soft.

The upsides have certainly not met expectations.
That would be good... But regardless of what Sony does in the next 5-10 years or not... So will I mainly game on PlayStation consoles and whatever Nintendo releases as long as it's not cloud gaming related. And then use my PC for the stuff I do usually use it for which isn't playing games on it but the stuff the Sony/Nintendo consoles doesn't do or doesn't do well enough for me which is live-streaming, editing, browsing the Internet etc. I want to enjoy gaming again and not think about this stuff tbh... But I do hope for the best though! (y)

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Valve releases one game a decade and people act like it's somehow going to change anything for them when they're already dominating in the PC space. If anything, there's a far greater chance at Valve releasing on PlayStation 5/Xbox Series in order to try dominate on consoles as well.

As for Sony's PC initiative, they've already sped up the process twice. First, they said that there would be no games launching day and date on PC but then changed to live service games only and second, they said no single player games would be day one on PC but you have Lego Horizon Adventures which is far more of a single player game than a Concord/Helldivers 2 live service game.

Anyone who truly believes that Sony is going to slow down/stop their PC ports as opposed to eventually being day one on PC for all their games is as fucking delusional as all the Xbox fanboys who thought it was only four games.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Valve releases one game a decade and people act like it's somehow going to change anything for them when they're already dominating in the PC space. If anything, there's a far greater chance at Valve releasing on PlayStation 5/Xbox Series in order to try dominate on consoles as well.

As for Sony's PC initiative, they've already sped up the process twice. First, they said that there would be no games launching day and date on PC but then changed to live service games only and second, they said no single player games would be day one on PC but you have Lego Horizon Adventures which is far more of a single player game than a Concord/Helldivers 2 live service game.

Anyone who truly believes that Sony is going to slow down/stop their PC ports as opposed to eventually being day one on PC for all their games is as fucking delusional as all the Xbox fanboys who thought it was only four games.
Valve would never support closed platforms like that, they want everything to be open.