A New Xbox Console Is Already Being Teased

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Xbox head Phil Spencer has teased a new Xbox console by taking a photo of his office shelf. Sat atop the shelf is a mysterious object that looks a lot like a slimmed-down Xbox system. After rumors had already been swirling about a mysterious Xbox streaming console, this photo has understandably set the community into a wild frenzy

new xbox console

Xbox head Phil Spencer has teased a new Xbox console by taking a photo of his office shelf. Sat atop the shelf is a mysterious object that looks a lot like a slimmed-down Xbox system. After rumors had already been swirling about a mysterious Xbox streaming console, this photo has understandably set the community into a wild frenzy.

New Xbox console for game-streaming​

While yes, there’s a new PS5 model now shipping in parts of the world, the possible new Xbox console teased by Phil Spencer is a little more exciting due to its potential focus on streaming games.
For those with a fast and stable enough connection to handle streaming a game over the internet, game-streaming can be a hugely convenient way to play. Users don’t have to download anything, as they can just click a game and have it pop up on their screens.
While streaming can be done with PlayStation hardware, Microsoft has recently made a significant push into streaming via the Cloud as part of its Xbox Game Pass service.
Microsoft is really shaking up the gaming scene, first with the big Activision deal that is still under scrutiny, and now with this possible new console. If everything goes to plan, Microsoft could have a very successful 2023 and grow to be even more formidable.

P

peter42O

Rumored spec wise for $100 with a controller is really good if this streaming only console ends up being accurate. Very smart price wise too. Cheap streaming only console for $100, digital only console for $300 and the complete console for $500.

• haha
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Product confusion, who is MS trying to sell this to that already dont have a NS and Steam Deck and 1 of the already digital PS5/XBSS or a cellphone or a ipad?

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Cloud/streaming is never going to take off. It's a pipe dream by corporations that don't want you to actually own anything.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: kaluas

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
A nice product for people who travel a lot or have great Internet at home. Reminds me of PSTV only better, and not discontinued after a year.

2 Jul 2022
NY
www.twitch.tv
Why is anyone surprised to see that MS would put out a Cloud only console at a deep discount? It lowers the barrier of entry for anyone who doesn’t own an Xbox or is even a console gamer yet. Their strategy has been to give everyone an option and I don’t see the issue with this. They have the S, X and now will have an even cheaper cloud console. They’re not forcing it on anyone.

Reactions: peter42O

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Richard Leadbetter was saying last week that he recently got gigabit broadband at home, and that x-Cloud is still crap.

It's an alternative to local hardware if you're desperate, unless you're one of a small number of people who have very low latency.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Microsoft is letting everyone know they are in the Azure/cloud business, not the console business.

The only reason they are probably gonna keep making hardware is because its the most popular entry point right now for it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Ezekiel

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
This is how Microsoft closes the console gap. They are gonna sell millions of these and they are gonna factor it into series x/s sales

Even if nobody buys them, they will stuff as many of these POS into the supply chain as possible and add them on as if they are sold....

and the media will make excuses for it, saying it is the same as a Series X or S.

What a farce.

Sony should get all the unsold PSTV's and shove them in the supply chain too...... shove 30 -50 million empty plastic boxes in the supply chain and count them all towards the final console count.

FML

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Even if nobody buys them, they will stuff as many of these POS into the supply chain as possible and add them on as if they are sold....

and the media will make excuses for it, saying it is the same as a Series X or S.

What a farce.

Sony should get all the unsold PSTV's and shove them in the supply chain too...... shove 30 -50 million empty plastic boxes in the supply chain and count them all towards the final console count.

FML

Lol, theres rumors they are even gonna bundle them with controllers so you might just get it in a bundle with an elite controller.

Free xbox series P with every purchase of an xbox controller, fridge, jacket, etc.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
A nice product for people who travel a lot or have great Internet at home. Reminds me of PSTV only better, and not discontinued after a year.

Yeah, streaming only devices are notoriously known for being great while travelling :ROFLMAO:

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Phil himself teased an Xbox streaming stick in a recent stream!

FeuE2IpWAAEXDfs

Uncle Phil is a genuine genius of gaming and we love him dearly.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Is this Bernd's second account?

One of the dumbest posts I've seen this year (and that includes RetardEra).

Reactions: Ezekiel