According to Arrowhead Game Studios CEO Johan Pilestedt, Helldivers 2 sales are around a million right now. We are blowing through estimates.

Wraith Phantom

22 Jun 2022
It's done better than hell divers 1 that is the main thing. And it's a gaas game. So its right where it should be. It looks like one of those games that catches life way later. It's essentially a new IP.

It's a good game and further puts PS name back in multIplayer ,the dude shooter bro space.

Ps just have to build up the rep release quality games.And target 5-10% of gaas market space. That's even generous numbers with the top games up there.

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Respectfully, the game looks mid? For most footage of enemies if you told me it was a starship troopers game I'd believe you. What am I missing?
What are you missing? First of all the graphics are good secondly what your missing is how fun it is and how it's done so well. Play it a few times guaranteed you'll be hooked.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Respectfully, the game looks mid? For most footage of enemies if you told me it was a starship troopers game I'd believe you. What am I missing?

It's a game built around coop, if youre into that type of experience then I think it will click with you.

It definitely shines with friends or friendly people using their mics.

24 Jun 2022
Very happy for the game's success. Sony/SIE 100% need to work closely with Arrowhead going forward, at the very least. Strike up a partnership or even acquire the studio if the studio's in the market for such. They clearly know what they're doing.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah they are going to easily pass 3 million sales imo when it's all said and done and I don't think they even need to pass a million to be a success.

Last edited:

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Whats with the guy acting like an ass with the Palworld comparison?

Why do people like that always have to drag a great moment for people down? Seriously.
He's pretty much personally attacking them right now sharing screenshots of palworlds tweet on 1st of this month saying that 7 million copies were sold on Xbox and 12 million sold on steam the dude needs serious mental help.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Very happy for the game's success. Sony/SIE 100% need to work closely with Arrowhead going forward, at the very least. Strike up a partnership or even acquire the studio if the studio's in the market for such. They clearly know what they're doing.
They need to acquire them or lock down them into a long term contract. I've always been an advocate for an acquisition because this is a team that will flourish with a financial safety net and access to better tools and X-Dev support.

They fill a niche that's been abandoned

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Yeah they are going to easily pass 3 million sales imo when it's all said and done and I don't think they even need to pass a million to be a success.
They planned for no more then 10k players to be logged in at once, dev said on Discord and someone posted it on Era. They really underestimated their own game jeez lol. Their working to increase server load as we speak.

"Hey guys, you guys are breaking the internet with the love for the game... We really can't keep up! So many of us have been doing 12+ hour days now just trying to mitigate the issues. Come Monday morning (10 hours from now) we are getting into the office to really work through the most major issues and create permanent fixes that will resolve this.

Our servers are restricted at logins of 10,000 users attempting to login in every minute. Which means that eventually you will get in if you retry

Last edited: