According to Arrowhead Game Studios CEO Johan Pilestedt, Helldivers 2 sales are around a million right now. We are blowing through estimates.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I think Sony buying them is a matter of when, not if.
Probably yeah. If so since the abk deal Sony would’ve responded by buying Bungie, Firewalk, Haven, in house team of deviations team, and possibly arrow head. On paper that’s a pretty good response?

I’d still like to see Sony buy some stakes in Square enix if not outright buy them altogether.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I see a few people on X talking about Arrowhead making a new Socom.

I think they'd do an amazing job.

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022

They already got a great game in their hands that will need few years of updates so it makes sense if they start development only in 5-7 years.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
If we bring back SOCOM we also need MAG and Warhawk.
Arrowhead should definitely be handed the Warhawk IP eventually. After playing Helldivers 2 it's a match made in Heaven.

Socom can stay retired and I don't get the love for this franchise that hasn't aged well at all. It could work I guess if they go online only and don't attempt a story mode.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
It's a game built around coop, if youre into that type of experience then I think it will click with you.

It definitely shines with friends or friendly people using their mics.

Built around co-op... I like the sound of that at least.
How does it compare to something like TLOU1 Factions 4v4 skirmishes, or Division's bespoke mission areas within a huge overworld?

Those two games have enough perks/skills/abilities to cover for lack of gun proficiently and be a team player, but without say railroading you into rigid class systems ("Fuck you, you're the medic and only have access to these things").

Is there any sort of trial or free weekend I can try the game with before essentially doing a somewhat blind buy?

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022

I feel certain someone who'd be in the know stood behind SOCOM 2 Remake rumors. Was it Colin M, perhaps? It felt like a known secret-in-development game just not announced yet - like Demons Souls Remake for so long, before that became reality.

I can't belive TLOU Factions Online and SOCOM 2 Remake/new SOCOM Online aren't the two frontrunners of Sony's GAAS push.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Built around co-op... I like the sound of that at least.
How does it compare to something like TLOU1 Factions 4v4 skirmishes, or Division's bespoke mission areas within a huge overworld?

Those two games have enough perks/skills/abilities to cover for lack of gun proficiently and be a team player, but without say railroading you into rigid class systems ("Fuck you, you're the medic and only have access to these things").

Is there any sort of trial or free weekend I can try the game with before essentially doing a somewhat blind buy?
No free Helldivers trial but gd idea I guarantee you ppl would buy.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Free weekend is off the table for a while.
I mean, that would just suffocate the servers which are already struggling during peak EU/NA times as is :LOL:

On that note, I think player's patience is running out.
Steam review going down from 77% to 74% instead of going up into the 80% or staying still is reflective of that. A not insignificant amount of players are mad, especially about lost progression.

Gotta get that under control within a day or two if possible.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Free weekend is off the table for a while.
I mean, that would just suffocate the servers which are already struggling during peak EU/NA times as is :LOL:

On that note, I think player's patience is running out.
Steam review going down from 77% to 74% instead of going up into the 80% or staying still is reflective of that. A not insignificant amount of players are mad, especially about lost progression.

Gotta get that under control within a day or two if possible.
One biome coop would be cool for ppl to try, it's been done before.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Respectfully, the game looks mid? For most footage of enemies if you told me it was a starship troopers game I'd believe you. What am I missing?

I'd like to recind that first comment. Trailers weren't too great at showing the game. Lasting impression was hiding behind a rock to straif a bug.

Looking around at some more matches being played on YouTube, shiiit that's a lot of onscreen UI to keep up with, as well as in-game happenings.

Reactions: Evilnemesis8

ForzaJuve

23 Oct 2023
Probably yeah. If so since the abk deal Sony would’ve responded by buying Bungie, Firewalk, Haven, in house team of deviations team, and possibly arrow head. On paper that’s a pretty good response?

I’d still like to see Sony buy some stakes in Square enix if not outright buy them altogether.

I mean, Square Enix could benefit in the sense that their productions are not very consistent in their output, even if their games are mostly enjoyable. They still come up with bangers like FFXVI and FFVII Remake. However, I'd be afraid of more Forspokens if Sony got more involved, I am kind of wary that if they had control of Square Enix, they'd bring over the DEI initiatives to Square Enix.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I mean, Square Enix could benefit in the sense that their productions are not very consistent in their output, even if their games are mostly enjoyable. They still come up with bangers like FFXVI and FFVII Remake. However, I'd be afraid of more Forspokens if Sony got more involved, I am kind of wary that if they had control of Square Enix, they'd bring over the DEI initiatives to Square Enix.
I understand and also share your concerns. I’m hopeful that DEI is just an insane fad whereas another company buying them might mean their content is gone for good. That’s why I’m more of an advocate for Sony investing in them rather than buying them.
Less control while at the same time having a stake in them to ward off others.

Reactions: ForzaJuve
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'd like to recind that first comment. Trailers weren't too great at showing the game. Lasting impression was hiding behind a rock to straif a bug.

Looking around at some more matches being played on YouTube, shiiit that's a lot of onscreen UI to keep up with, as well as in-game happenings.
The onscreen UI doesn't affect me at all. Basically the map is hidden until you bring it up for however long you need it.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
No. The servers are already on fire, they won't put free players there at least until several months or years in the future once the userbase highly decreases.

But regarding monetization, the game is very kind and generous: you can unlock everything for free, there's no FOMO to unlock stuff and no aggressive microtransactions or weird tactics: so they highly rely on the $40 that the game costs for the monetization, meaning it will be hard to see them putting the game for free outside rare cases and weekend limited promotions.