According to Arrowhead Game Studios CEO Johan Pilestedt, Helldivers 2 sales are around a million right now. We are blowing through estimates.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
No. The servers are already on fire, they won't put free players there at least until several months or years in the future once the userbase highly decreases.

But regarding monetization, the game is very kind and generous: you can unlock everything for free, there's no FOMO to unlock stuff and no aggressive microtransactions or weird tactics: so they highly rely on the $40 that the game costs for the monetization, meaning it will be hard to see them putting the game for free outside rare cases and weekend limited promotions.
Exactly thy won't even be able to sustain tht. After this last update omg it's atrocious, I never had lag in this game and now I'm floating and had to quit out the Game.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Exactly thy won't even be able to sustain tht. After this last update omg it's atrocious, I never had lag in this game and now I'm floating and had to quit out the Game.
On a GaaS, $40/user is very good. The LTD should be average, because many people will get some thing or another. Now there are only a few things to buy, but over time as they keep releaasing warbonds they'll be stacking there, so people will be able to pay in way more things.

Even if not the case, with the $40 they are ok specially now that they apparently sold a few millions at launch and they are getting insane CCUs. That's a lot of money. I mean, let's say they sold 3M, multiply this for $40M: they already did minimum $120M, should be more. The game pretty likely became profitable on its first week, so will end being highly profitable specially as they keep adding new stuff.

As an example I'd gladly pay for themed Wipeout, Killzone, Destiny, Concord, Marathon, Horizon, Death Stranding cosmetics in dedicated Warbonds they could release on top of the normal ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Box
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
On a GaaS, $40/user is very good. The LTD should be average, because many people will get some thing or another. Now there are only a few things to buy, but over time as they keep releaasing warbonds they'll be stacking there, so people will be able to pay in way more things.

Even if not the case, with the $40 they are ok specially now that they apparently sold a few millions at launch and they are getting insane CCUs. That's a lot of money. I mean, let's say they sold 3M, multiply this for $40M: they already did minimum $120M, should be more. The game pretty likely became profitable on its first week, so will end being highly profitable specially as they keep adding new stuff.
Yurinka of course they are OK lol they are raking in the dough. What have we been talking about in these threads? AA Budget, crazy sales, etc. I've been saying it continuously here this game probably didn't even have to sell more than 2 million to be profitable and successful. You are preaching to the choir lol