Alanah Pearce: "The Game Awards is bulllshit. It's a popularity contest"

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Very well stated as well as excellent avatar.

Sorry @Sircaw , it's true.
i used to count @laynelane as a friend, then came the cat avatar now talking about a game where you actively kill fish.

Coincidence, i think not.

chuck norris kittens GIF

• angry
Reactions: laynelane

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Why does this woman always have something to say? You've parley'd things across into an industry job. We don't need to know the world according to alanah

Reactions: JAHGamer

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Clickbait title from her but she goes on to give the take you’d expect. She’s not holding anyone accountable and says to not take it seriously.

The problem with that is we’re presented The Game Awards as the definitive choice for GOTY. The industry has pushed it from its initial conception to now. If it doesn’t matter then they shouldn’t do it. That argument doesn’t even make sense.

Last edited:

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
She won best streamer award last year or the year before (the irony) 🤣
I don't know what they categorize for or any streamers at all.

But I will assume who flash and shake their big tits best got the nominations and merits based on this chick.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Alanah upset bcos final fantasy 16 and hogwarts legacy wasnt there or because starfield wasnt there?

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I don't know what they categorize for or any streamers at all.

But I will assume who flash and shake their big tits best got the nominations and merits based on this chick.
That was the only year I ever voted & I voted for her when that category came up simply because she was the hot one I'd never heard of her because I'm not interested in streamers

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
They’re not wrong at all. It’s a commercial for whatever the gaming industry wants you to play or watch. Hence praising unneccessary accessibility features, esports athletes nobody gives a crap about winning participation trophies because they just exist, and commercials for the exact same games that all look the same.