Alanah Pearce: "The Game Awards is bulllshit. It's a popularity contest"

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
She really needs to stop talking so damn much. And if she's so butthurt bout it being a popularity contest then why she chose to work for an oh I don't know a very popular AAA studio? Why not work with an indie studio or AA team? Lol.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Nah, it's due to the copious amount of... Interesting takes you have. I've met children with more sound opinions than you.

Don't fall for his tears
To be fair he's literally a child, iirc he's about half the average age around here

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Nah, it's due to the copious amount of... Interesting takes you have. I've met children with more sound opinions than you.

Don't fall for his tears
Stop lying I've seen plenty of people post horrible shit & you never come for them it's so obvious you hate that I don't like your boyfriend , I saw your thread a few days ago aswell that had nothing to do was gaming & was purely political, you'll warn others not to be political even if they aren't though you hypocrite

• brain
Reactions: Darth Vader

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
But the Oscars are very much a popularity contest among the members of the Academy. They just have different tastes than the general public. And usually better taste. But popularity/politics are still absolutely involved.
100% wrong, the oscars is a popularity contest among the voting panel.

If you think it has any "objective" value then you should read the quotes where panel members often vote for things that they never even watched based on word of mouth in categories they don't care about.
I meant popularity with films that the general public likes. I know the Academy has their own taste with films that they think is art.

Last edited:
  • Shake
Reactions: Dr Bass

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They’re not wrong at all. It’s a commercial for whatever the gaming industry wants you to play or watch. Hence praising unneccessary accessibility features, esports athletes nobody gives a crap about winning participation trophies because they just exist, and commercials for the exact same games that all look the same.
It is not just the gaming industry.
The gamers trend to make these games popular.
So it is what most like.

I don’t see anything bad or wrong with these awards.

It is weird to see greens hating these awards this year because the game they said it was the second coming failed to meet to meet high quality standards.

That is what wrong with Xbox community… instead to show MS they want better games they shit on people that doesn’t love the shit MS delivered.

While MS continue laughing with their sup bar first-party lineup.

And it is not about Starfield alone… all games MS released in the last decade had a big drop in quality standards… you include Forza, Halo, Gears, etc in the mix… hell even Forza Horizon started to show quality drop from FH3 to FH5.

Last edited:

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
It is not just the gaming industry.
The gamers trend to make these games popular.
So it is what most like.

I don’t see anything bad or wrong with these awards.

It is weird to see greens hating these awards this year because the game they said it was the second coming failed to meet to meet high quality standards.

That is what wrong with Xbox community… instead to show MS they want better games they shit on people that doesn’t love the shit MS delivered.

While MS continue laughing with their sup bar first-party lineup.

And it is not about Starfield alone… all games MS released in the last decade had a big drop in quality standards… you include Forza, Halo, Gears, etc in the mix… hell even Forza Horizon started to show quality drop from FH3 to FH5.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong enjoying them. That’s fine with me I’ve watched them myself but it is whatever the industry wants you to eat up. Hollywood does that as well with their award ceremonies where it’s just a majority of crap and maybe like one good movie. I think the game awards is a lot better in that regard even if people aren’t happy with the nominees.

Reactions: ethomaz

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Wait you actually watch TGA?

I just laugh at the green rats.

I remember someone says that the 2021? one has the global gaming citizens and they choose a "well" very typical, normal example of a "gamer"

So out of touch, just show some trailers, maybe call some game names and that is it lol

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Not sure what she’s complaining about.

For me they are only 2 definite GOTY nominations. TOTK and BG3.

The other 4 are debatable and a matter of opinion.

Fact is there is nothing else this year which is definitely better than those 4 games nominated.

Many games could have got in there. Starfield isn’t one of them.

Personally Starfield doesn’t even belong in Top 10 games this year.

FF16, Dead Space Remake, Diablo 4, Jedi Survivor and Hogwarts Legacy have a better claim to those spots.

Last edited: