Amazon: Forspoken is tracking ahead over Dead Space and behind Hogwarts on PS5.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Seems it will do decently. Forspoken is #2 in games on PS5 at Amazon.

JicNJCL.jpg

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
It'll be interesting to hear feedback once the game releases. It sounds like the demo didn't really do it justice, but perhaps the final product will resonate more. As well, I suppose this goes to show that just like with Hogwarts - the noise made on forums and Twitter doesn't always reflect the opinions of the majority.

24 Jun 2022
That's a good sign of the sales potential. I've seen a handful of ads on TV; they're really good. We could always do with more new AAA IP so I can't understand the thinking of anyone who would be rooting for this to fail.

Just maybe have an option to tone down the amount of in-game talking.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I’ve ordered a steel book edition myself. I expect to take a lot of screenshots and have some good time. Game looks like it could be a good chill game. Maybe not a constant high stress rush :p

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Seems to have a nice sized audience, surprised by how well it seems to be doing but pleasantly so.

I think across the medium, they have to tone down this over-talkative main character trope and that would take a lot of the criticism away.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Seems to have a nice sized audience, surprised by how well it seems to be doing but pleasantly so.

I think across the medium, they have to tone down this over-talkative main character trope and that would take a lot of the criticism away.
there is a setting to tone it down. so it is up to you.

personally, i like talking characters, not overly talkative on every stone.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I’ve ordered a steel book edition myself. I expect to take a lot of screenshots and have some good time. Game looks like it could be a good chill game. Maybe not a constant high stress rush :p

I hope you'll post some of those screenshots here. It would be great to see them.

Reactions: rofif
OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
this is bored. but this is from final game.
Ry8HP7.png
Ry8O4b.png
Ry87tT.png
Ry836C.png
Ry8BM2.png
Ry8qd9.png
Thing is, there are different modes in the game too, so some might look better than others. Regardless, seems to be a really taxing game based on the PC specs and some of the PS5 resolution numbers mentioned so far.....

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I don’t subscribe to thought that Amazon sellers list is an accurate metric.

for starters… PHYSICAL MEDIA IS DEAD

• haha
Reactions: Old Gamer

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Some of my shots from the demo(Quality 40fps/120hz mode). Keep in mind that each shot is 500-700kb, ps5 is doing numbers on hdr screenshots
Looks pretty great with HDR on oled at the very least.
And this doesn't capture the fantastic magic effects and really good quality object motion blur.
xdSOOZB.jpg

02kkt92.jpg

BjcMXnb.jpg

GhK5nvb.jpg

Mo7ty6g.jpg

xecw7VM.jpg

a50mQ7u.jpg

Everything is dynamic, nothing is baked. THE TEETH are more detailed than some full games 20 years ago lol I bet

OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Some of my shots from the demo(Quality 40fps/120hz mode). Keep in mind that each shot is 500-700kb, ps5 is doing numbers on hdr screenshots
Looks pretty great with HDR on oled at the very least.
And this doesn't capture the fantastic magic effects and really good quality object motion blur.
xdSOOZB.jpg

02kkt92.jpg

BjcMXnb.jpg

GhK5nvb.jpg

Mo7ty6g.jpg

xecw7VM.jpg

a50mQ7u.jpg

Everything is dynamic, nothing is baked. THE TEETH are more detailed than some full games 20 years ago lol I bet
Looks pretty darn good to me. Lots of foliage, lots of effects, large world for quick traversal, lots of world and character detail......Hmmmm, what's not to like?

Reactions: laynelane and rofif

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
L
It’s a reasonable sample and still a lot bigger than most polls about any topic.

It will be highly inaccurate and completely off the mark.

I’m not saying I expect Dead Space to actually perform significantly better. I’m honestly expecting both releases to be farts in the wind.

Physical media sales have pretty much dwindled to being insignificant. A better indicator would be best selling lists by viewing PSN store rankings.

With that said—- here it is… no idea what kind of timeframe this tracks… I imagine it’s a 24 hour sales window.

2-FB274-DA-6-A4-D-4-CC0-9-E37-85-DC56-BC5-E7-E.jpg

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
L

It will be highly inaccurate and completely off the mark.

I’m not saying I expect Dead Space to actually perform significantly better. I’m honestly expecting both releases to be farts in the wind.

Physical media sales have pretty much dwindled to being insignificant. A better indicator would be best selling lists by viewing PSN store rankings.

With that said—- here it is… no idea what kind of timeframe this tracks… I imagine it’s a 24 hour sales window.

2-FB274-DA-6-A4-D-4-CC0-9-E37-85-DC56-BC5-E7-E.jpg
30% is insignificant.. ok..

Reactions: thelastword