Amazon: Forspoken is tracking ahead over Dead Space and behind Hogwarts on PS5.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’s less than 30%. Capcom sales last year were 90% digital. It will only dwindle further. The rate at which it does exponentially increased post lockdown era society. Physical is dead.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It’s less than 30%. Capcom sales last year were 90% digital. It will only dwindle further. The rate at which it does exponentially increased post lockdown era society. Physical is dead.
We have the data. stop making shit up.
Capcom sounds like, my grandma in the village milking cows manually, so it means all the world milking cows manually 😂

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Capcom is highly successful company that understands the modern gaming landscape. Purchasing physical games media is now niche. It will be nearly extinct by the end of the generation. Physical data becomes less accurate and useful with each passing day. Why rely on such data when more reliable metrics exist? Do people still refer to twitch stats too? :ROFLMAO:

And absolutely terrible metaphor btw. The manual cow milking has far more in common in the ever more obsolete distribution method for games… retail

“Capcom has released their Q2 FY22 financial results, and it shows off some big numbers for the Japanese developer and publisher. Unit sales for the March-September period reveal a giant 91.5% of gamers chose to purchase Capcom products digitally, compared to just 8.5% physical sales. This huge digital growth is attributed to the Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak DLC and sales of catalog titles from Capcom’s expansive series.”

Reactions: Elder Legend

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Capcom is highly successful company that understands the modern gaming landscape. Purchasing physical games media is now niche. It will be nearly extinct by the end of the generation. Physical data becomes less accurate and useful with each passing day. Why rely on such data when more reliable metrics exist? Do people still refer to twitch stats too? :ROFLMAO:

And absolutely terrible metaphor btw. The manual cow milking has far more in common in the ever more obsolete distribution method for games… retail

“Capcom has released their Q2 FY22 financial results, and it shows off some big numbers for the Japanese developer and publisher. Unit sales for the March-September period reveal a giant 91.5% of gamers chose to purchase Capcom products digitally, compared to just 8.5% physical sales. This huge digital growth is attributed to the Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak DLC and sales of catalog titles from Capcom’s expansive series.”
we speak about whole console market, not one publisher.

Last edited:

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Yet you don’t actually have a response aside from being a douchebag. Seems about right.

Reactions: Elder Legend

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
A bit out of date but more relevant to square products as well.

You do not live in reality. You live in denial.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
almost 30 is not bad.
I wonder what would the difference be only accounting for AAA releases like gow
we can just speculate. but in perspective, i can say, that digital versus physical releases are like 9:1

this split 70/30 is basically the same for the last 3 years. even through, digitally more games were released. and add on that, covid, where digital was highly pushed.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
yeah true. We get much more digital only releases like indies and smaller games. So obviously it will have more sales.

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
Guys...
John Lennon Love GIF by INTO ACTION

Reactions: laynelane
OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
It will be highly inaccurate and completely off the mark.

I’m not saying I expect Dead Space to actually perform significantly better. I’m honestly expecting both releases to be farts in the wind.

Physical media sales have pretty much dwindled to being insignificant. A better indicator would be best selling lists by viewing PSN store rankings.

With that said—- here it is… no idea what kind of timeframe this tracks… I imagine it’s a 24 hour sales window.

2-FB274-DA-6-A4-D-4-CC0-9-E37-85-DC56-BC5-E7-E.jpg
We can gauge physical sales to determine what games people have interest in digitally too. Persons who buy physical or digital are all gamers. I think Forspoken and Deadspace Remake will both do decently, Obviously Hogwarts will do much better....

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
We can gauge physical sales to determine what games people have interest in digitally too. Persons who buy physical or digital are all gamers. I think Forspoken and Deadspace Remake will both do decently, Obviously Hogwarts will do much better....
if Hogwarts is a decent game, it will sell 15M+

Reactions: thelastword
OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
There was another game that people really wanted to fail, remember Deathloop. I never saw a game get so much hate like Deathloop prior to release, well apart from Days Gone and 1886. Yet we all know why, so I was happy when review time came that Deathloop got great reviews. Certainly, I don't think Forspoken will get reviews as Deathloop, but it should fall maybe into Bugsnax territory, which was another hated game too, for all the same reasons......Yet, I've never seen PS fans actively campaign for an XBOX game to fail like XBOX fans do PS games. They are all over the internet trashing it's graphics, saying it looks mediocre, they will gamefly it. Not surprising, since they said 90+ rated Sony games are all movies they would watch on youtube, cause "no gameplay".....

• haha
Reactions: adamsapple

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
There was another game that people really wanted to fail, remember Deathloop. I never saw a game get so much hate like Deathloop prior to release, well apart from Days Gone and 1886. Yet we all know why, so I was happy when review time came that Deathloop got great reviews. Certainly, I don't think Forspoken will get reviews as Deathloop, but it should fall maybe into Bugsnax territory, which was another hated game too, for all the same reasons......Yet, I've never seen PS fans actively campaign for an XBOX game to fail like XBOX fans do PS games. They are all over the internet trashing it's graphics, saying it looks mediocre, they will gamefly it. Not surprising, since they said 90+ rated Sony games are all movies they would watch on youtube, cause "no gameplay".....
Is Deathloop good? It got so blasted, I've still not bought it..
I did got ghostwire tokyo recently but not played yet

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
You could sell anything easily with aggressive marketing which is what they're doing here. Doesn't change the fact the game is an utter PS3-looking trash title. It will most likely do well sales-wise but will be a failure on the critical side. Similar to Saints Row.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
You could sell anything easily with aggressive marketing which is what they're doing here. Doesn't change the fact the game is an utter PS3-looking trash title. It will most likely do well sales-wise but will be a failure on the critical side. Similar to Saints Row.
@Gediminas Another one saying it looks like a ps3 game.
wtf is going on.

Look here for ps3 game comparison Post 157 and below