(Analyst speculation, not official announcement) Sony cuts production of PSVR2 headsets by ~20%

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Nah.

And you'll admit as much once Sony does it, I'm sure.
Lmao no. Imagine thinking video stream compression artifacts, lag spikes, stuttering, and low refresh rates are a high quality experience. I'll enjoy wireless VR in 10 years when the hardware is up to the task. But by then wired will be full quality pathtraced lighting and you'll be stuck with dogshit.

OP
OP
Remij

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Lmao no. Imagine thinking video stream compression artifacts, lag spikes, stuttering, and low refresh rates are a high quality experience. I'll enjoy wireless VR in 10 years when the hardware is up to the task. But by then wired will be full quality pathtraced lighting and you'll be stuck with dogshit.
Maybe if you have shit wifi and have your setup in another room across the house... lmfao

LOL imagine thinking your PSVR2 games are running at high refresh rates! They're 60fps reprojected to 120hz.. High quality my ass :LOL:

And yea, you'll enjoy wireless 10 years after me... no doubt about it! :ROFLMAO:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Maybe if you have shit wifi and have your setup in another room across the house... lmfao

LOL imagine thinking your PSVR2 games are running at high refresh rates! They're 60fps reprojected to 120hz.. High quality my ass :LOL:

And yea, you'll enjoy wireless 10 years after me... no doubt about it! :ROFLMAO:
Help Me Im Poor Kristen Wiig GIF

live video feed of you rn

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Another joke…

The best wireless in the market WiFi 6 is still way inferior to wired… it is not even comparable in terms of latency.

Any technical site will tell you to prefer wired over wireless for gaming and streaming.

You live in a joke bubble.

I will tell you more… do you think Sony didn’t make tests with PSVR2 wireless? After all PS5 supports WiFi 6… can you guess why they choose to ship it wired?

Another question… why every high quality VR device on PC recommends you to use it wired instead wireless? Think a bit about.

Last edited:
Reactions: anonpuffs
OP
OP
Remij

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Another joke…

The best wireless in the market WiFi 6 is still way inferior to wired… it is not even comparable in terms of latency.

Any technical site will tell you to prefer wired over wireless for gaming and streaming.

You live in a joke bubble.
There's no substitute for having a ridiculous cord hanging off your head, this is probably what the average PSVR2 setup looks like...

tHPkBTvgMQN50Y1z42fuIzS3SCzFzPIDmHK_nAsKJjM.jpg

"High quality experience" :LOL:

OP
OP
Remij

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
I will tell you more… do you think Sony didn’t make tests with PSVR2 wireless? After all PS5 supports WiFi 6… can you guess why they choose to ship it wired?

Another question… why every high quality VR device on PC recommends you to use it wired instead wireless? Think a bit about.
Because it's cheaper and keeps costs down......

PCVR with Virtual desktop >>>>>>>>>>> PSVR2 tethered bullshit.. ANYDAY. You will not have a better experience playing anything on PSVR2 than I have playing HL:A on PCVR maxed out wirelessly.

• haha
Reactions: anonpuffs

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Because it's cheaper and keeps costs down......

PCVR with Virtual desktop >>>>>>>>>>> PSVR2 tethered bullshit.. ANYDAY. You will not have a better experience playing anything on PSVR2 than I have playing HL:A on PCVR maxed out wirelessly.
Yeap because a WiFi module costs $2.

🤡

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
There's no substitute for having a ridiculous cord hanging off your head, this is probably what the average PSVR2 setup looks like...

tHPkBTvgMQN50Y1z42fuIzS3SCzFzPIDmHK_nAsKJjM.jpg

"High quality experience" :LOL:
Yea it is high quality experience because it delivery better than wireless.

🤡

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Yes. Everything is a problem. Even the PSVR2 costing way less than some PCVR systems that dont offer as much fidelity and require an expensive PC to boot is a problem
Paying up to twice as much for proprietary storage expansion is a-ok, though. ;)