(Analyst speculation, not official announcement) Sony cuts production of PSVR2 headsets by ~20%

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Brooo I'm talking about consoles smh let's add Asseta Corsa and Project Cars too :) you happy?

Project cars is not that good. Assetto Corza Competizione is a simulation game. GT7 is almost there gameplay wise but not close.

And you don't need to get defensive, it's just objective that GT7 is not the best simulation, since it's not even a full simulator.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Not really. I'm not saying gran turismo is but Iracing ain't either.

iRacing, the game of choice for Formula 1 drivers to practice on their spare time, is not a simulation? It's THE simulator.

Unless you want to be picky and get to rFactor and their proprietary engine that supplies formula 1 for their simulators and is not public.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
iRacing, the game of choice for Formula 1 drivers to practice on their spare time, is not a simulation? It's THE simulator.

Unless you want to be picky and get to rFactor and their proprietary engine that supplies formula 1 for their simulators and is not public.
Formula 1 drivers don't use iracing lol
They have specific Simulators for that, mostly very specific and focused for what is supposed to do.
I guess you are not familiar with the drag braking and grass gate with iracing. Also the cheating.

Don't get me wrong iracing is great Simulator but every sim has its on ups and downs. Its understandable due to the variety of cars and tracks.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
They have specific Simulators for that, mostly very specific and focused for what is supposed to do.
I guess you are not familiar with the drag braking and grass gate with iracing. Also the cheating.

Don't get me wrong iracing is great Simulator but every sim has its on ups and downs. Its understandable due to the variety of cars and tracks.
Carmagadon is what they should use, (y)

• thisistheway
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022

"Practice in their spare time".

I'm fully aware they don't use that as their F1 simulation. They use a modified engine by rFactor iirc.

Go ask Max Verstappen or Albon what they play on their free time and even participate on sanctioned events.

And iRacing is the best sim, but I didn't say it was without its flaws. You refuted absolutely ZERO of what I added.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Project cars is not that good. Assetto Corza Competizione is a simulation game. GT7 is almost there gameplay wise but not close.

And you don't need to get defensive, it's just objective that GT7 is not the best simulation, since it's not even a full simulator.
Defensive is how you take it. Subjective is a word and VR on console imo makes this the best simulator on console. Plain and simple and many will agree.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Defensive is how you take it. Subjective is a word and VR on console imo makes this the best simulator on console. Plain and simple and many will agree.
Yeah. ACC is unbelievable bad compared to PC version. So yeah in that regard GT7 is the best Sim on console

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yeah. ACC is unbelievable bad compared to PC version. So yeah in that regard GT7 is the best Sim on console

Looks wise? Sure. Gameplay wise? ACC is way more of a simulator than GT7. I really wonder if people ever drove cars in real world.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Looks wise? Sure. Gameplay wise? ACC is way more of a simulator than GT7. I really wonder if people ever drove cars in real world.
No we haven't, only you have 🙄 Thank you for your insight oh holy father of racing sims.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Acc on console is trash. I bought the ps5 version thinking the force feedback would be the same as the PC and is not even close.

To compare the PC version the wheels feels like rubber on the road. The ps5 version feels like a carriage. Gt7 is much better by a mile.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Acc on console is trash. I bought the ps5 version thinking the force feedback would be the same as the PC and is not even close.

To compare the PC version the wheels feels like rubber on the road. The ps5 version feels like a carriage. Gt7 is much better by a mile.
I've never driven a carriage, how does that feel?

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022

You guys need to accept and admit that the PSVR2 ain't selling anywhere close to what Sony was hoping for. In Canada these things aren't selling.. Nobody is going to pay$700+ for this tethered shit, especially when it doesn't have a killer app like Half Life: Alyx.
It's a niche audience but it definitely ain't "shit." In fact it's extremely impressive, especially for the price point. But yeah, it's still niche. Not sure what your problem with it is though.

OP
OP
Remij

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
It's a niche audience but it definitely ain't "shit." In fact it's extremely impressive, especially for the price point. But yeah, it's still niche. Not sure what your problem with it is though.
We'll see when the actual numbers come out.. But yea, being tethered is shit. I suspect some people will only be able to admit as much when Sony comes out with an untethered headset. 🤷‍♂️

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
We'll see when the actual numbers come out.. But yea, being tethered is shit. I suspect some people will only be able to admit as much when Sony comes out with an untethered headset. 🤷‍♂️
Well I don't think being tethered is bad at all. You don't even notice it. And it's way better than PSVR1 in every respect so ...

Again, look at what people who actually have it trend to be saying. I think the biggest issue is that it's just a demanding way to play games. Hard to sit in that headset for that long IMO.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I'll take tethered over wireless any day. There's a reason all the top end PCVR headsets are tethered.

OP
OP
Remij

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
I'll take tethered over wireless any day. There's a reason all the top end PCVR headsets are tethered.
No.. there's a reason why the only platform to actually penetrate the market is the Quest....

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
No.. there's a reason why the only platform to actually penetrate the market is the Quest....
Luckily for you, idgaf about market penetration. I give a fuck about having a high quality experience.