Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I think that their E3 shows usually outdoes Sony's, MS has great presenters and they show a lot of games.

MS has a delivery problem, their exclusives rarely live up to the hype (see the reception/sales they get)... They also focus too much in platform services and features, seemingly to the detriment of actual content.

That being said, their situation early in this gen is better than it was last gen, even if they don't even try anymore, so they probably have a point.

Overall MS is pulling the industry in the wrong direction, so their influence is not welcome.

In terms of games showed and releases last gen was a way better situation to MS.

At least for these first 2 years.

MS made more buzz, promises, marketing, etc this gen.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I think the issue with MS is quite clear. They really fucked up their first-party output. Bad decisions that until this very day are quite visible.
This.

But that is not just early gen… I always said the “forever waiting for games” mentality for a reason.

That is how Uncle Phil works.

There is a lot of bad things with Sony and you can argue you don’t like their games but they have constantly release at least one game per quarter… every year you see at least 3-4 first-party games being released on PS no matter what.

Even when there is some delay it is about 3 months… so the next quarter end having 2 releases instead 1 to cover the delay.

Jimbojim

22 Jun 2022
Inappropriate behavior
I think @DynamiteCop is just so used to repeat whatever all the Xbox fans are saying. Hopefully he will get his own personality here

That crap of astroturfing and shilling for Xbox what we saw on GAF will be immediately stopped here ( read : possible permabann) Maybe @Bryank75 knows what he is doing when he called here @DynamiteCop and other Xbox fans.

• haha
Reactions: Bodycount611
D

Deleted member 140

I am not a fan of their output in general, I prefer more emotional experiences.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Great thread OP. It seems to me, especially after this piss poor show, that the industry as a whole has collectively decided that the day one gamepass model isn’t profitable. I had low expectations for the Xbox show but even I was shocked that not a single major aaa game was there day one on gamepass not owned by Microsoft. Nothing, nada.

I think OP is correct to point out even old reliable partners Microsoft could count on, especially EA, was a no show. Ubisoft has had a presence at the past few Xbox e3 shows as well and their absence was noted. Sega seems to be the only Japanese publisher willing to show up at a Microsoft show so that’s something I guess. Interesting how when Sony had their Japanese state of play that focused on “our Japanese publisher” sega wasn’t present at that show.

Also, is the discord nuked? It’s no longer working for me.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Great thread OP. It seems to me, especially after this piss poor show, that the industry as a whole has collectively decided that the day one gamepass model isn’t profitable. I had low expectations for the Xbox show but even I was shocked that not a single major aaa game was there day one on gamepass not owned by Microsoft. Nothing, nada.

I think OP is correct to point out even old reliable partners Microsoft could count on, especially EA, was a no show. Ubisoft has had a presence at the past few Xbox e3 shows as well and their absence was noted. Sega seems to be the only Japanese publisher willing to show up at a Microsoft show so that’s something I guess. Interesting how when Sony had their Japanese state of play that focused on “our Japanese publisher” sega wasn’t present at that show.

Yes buddy, sorry.

It will be the forum only for the next month or so unless there is an event and if there is an event we will have a forum discord with an event channel just for that.
We need to focus on the forum for now.

Reactions: Dabaus

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

It will never be, unless you have F2P games with tons of mtx.

Yes. PM if you need.

Reactions: Dabaus

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
my issue with microsoft mostly has to do with their first party library. Both consoles share like 85% of their library only difference is their first party and 3rd party exclusives. Sony gets all the big and medium sized japanese games already so if you like JRPG’s or Action games you’re pretty much locked in already.

When it comes to Microsoft their vision for gaming seems like its just going for a super casual audience. They are throwing everything at the wall and just seeing what sticks. They pride themselves on diversify but i feel like its a cop-out for not having a real identity. They can claim shooters by default, but then they have been trying to streer their brand away from the bro-shooter crowd that scares off casual gamers. They can claim WRPG’s but the only real big WRPG they have coming out anytime soon is starfield.

I like Obsidian and Inxile but they aren’t known for making big extravagant AAA gaming experiences. They have been making indie CRPGs for the last decade that have all just kind of been ‘good’.

When I think about xbox’ announced games its …

• Hellblade 2 - Didn’t like Hellblade 1 despite having good graphics, its a boring ass game and now i feel like they are trying to make it bigger than it is. Ninja theory have been an average studio since Heavenly Sword, i don’t see that changing.
  • Fable 4 -A RPG made by a car game studio, it could be great technically, but we have no idea what their writing or animations teams are gonna be able to do in terms of crafting a big believable world. Also fable has kind of been overthrown since it’s hay day.
  • Perfect Dark - It’s pretty much being made by Crystal Dynamics, who put out two average tomb raider games and a terrible avengers game.
  • Avowed - its basically gonna be fantasy outer Worlds
  • Starfield - who knows, the verdict is still out but i not expecting anything more than Fallout 4 in terms of quality in writing and exploration
  • Redfall - looks like a hail Mary from Arkane to not be shut down. This is their studios Babylon Fall pretty much. They make great games but it seems like they were pretty much forced to try and make a game that appealed to casual gamers, like Housemarque was doing before Sony approached them for Returnal.
Long story short, I just feel like their first party games outside of Forza just aren’t there yet and their 3rd party partnerships all feel like nothing burgers. The kojima thing sounds like a side project he’s doing because they are paying him a shit load of money. Most of Bethesdas games just feel like they come and go, and activision is a shitty studio surviving on 3 franchises that will stay multiplatform.

I think its gonna take a while before Microsoft are really making games that shake the industry. Right now all the praise their games get feel forced. Like the way people talk about Halo infinite now vs how they talked about it on release is night and day. It leads me the believe what I originally thought, that it was disingenuous giving it such high scores.

People knock down stuff like Horizon for being “ubi-lite” and same ol’, but its doing 10x’s the amount of stuff in its open world than Halo, has a better written story, and looks an entire generation ahead of it. Just kind of proves where standards lie in the industry for each platform.

Sony would get raked over the coals for only launching two new games since a console launch. They have launched damn near a dozen and people still shrug their shoulders like they are on the same footing

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
yup and imagine if we already knew about persona going to switch? the show would have been that much more lackluster. They really moneyhatted a small marketing window for 100% multiplatform games to fool consumers into what, exactly?

thinking they were exclusively getting playstation 4/Vita/PSP ports for 48 hours?

what a petty, pathetic deal.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
yup and imagine if we already knew about persona going to switch? the show would have been that much more lackluster. They really moneyhatted a small marketing window for 100% multiplatform games to fool consumers into what, exactly?

thinking they were exclusively getting playstation 4/Vita/PSP ports for 48 hours?

what a petty, pathetic deal.

Yeah, it was desperate. Everything about the showcase felt desperate because they have nothing big to show for all of 2022 and probably early 2023.

I remember phil signaling not to spoil it for yourself, and really instructing the “leakers” to keep it a secret because that along with the kojima thing was supposed to be the big showstoppers. It makes people think, “wow xbox really pulled it off they got persona, they listened to us!” Instead of what it actually was, which is sega just finally deciding to port the series to every platform. They basically paid to get exclusive 2 day marketing over playsation and pc and two week marketing over nintendo lol

They knew they would have gotten dragged to hell and back if they announced that it was for the next 12 months only during the original announcement so they kept it a secret until the showcase. People were hype to see their big first party games and they got pentiment and dusk falls.

I would be cursing Sony to hell and back if we only got Sifu and Stray this year

OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Honestly the persona announcement is weird. looking at the Nintendo direct, it was a custom persona segment with a nice spiffy animation of the two mascot characters talking about the Nintendo Switch versions.Xbox got nothing of the sort.

Seems like Nintendo was the priority here, but i'm wondering if the Nintendo Direct was delayed precisely because Phil signed some last minute deal with Sega for marketing priority.

Even in Japan, the Xbox/gamepass/WINDOWS logos are listed first on the marketing material, which i'm sure goes into the fine print of these deals, because I can assure you no one in Japan cares for any of those 3 platforms.

I really want to know what the situation with Soul Hackers 2 is, because the fact that the game is launching on the Windows Store means MS paid for that game as well. No devs just dev for Windows Store out of the kindness of their hearts, lol.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Xbox fan here, and no I wasn't called here either.

I think Xbox has had a couple of strong E3's. But this gen has been pretty piss poor. I suppose I can appreciate them only showing the next 12 months of games for there platform for transparency? But F me, give me something else to look forward to besides Starfield...
Hell I would have been happy to see a demo if Halo Infinite's forge, from what I have seen its a pretty amazing evolution.

• haha
Reactions: Satoru and Bryank75
Status
Not open for further replies.