Anybody else enjoy playing cinematic single player games on 30fps?

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
I played red dead 2 recently on PC and I have been playing at 30 fps. 60fps really takes the cinematic feel i guess, and honestly i would rather have better visuals. it also feels more like irl, especially in cutscenes. 60 fps is good for competitive multiplayer shooting games or fighting games where it's about movment and speed, but for single player cinematic games like the last of us, resident evil, etc.. i prefer 30 fps. Anybody else?

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Absolutely never. It’s a handicap that hurts the game. Slower frame rate makes the game uglier in motion as well.

Never unless I have no choice.

I love how there’s ray tracing modes now that tank frame rate to play an uglier version of the game. LOL. Sooo not worth it.

Reactions: WaraWana
OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
Absolutely never. It’s a handicap that hurts the game. Slower frame rate makes the game uglier in motion as well.

Never unless I have no choice.

I love how there’s ray tracing modes now that tank frame rate to play an uglier version of the game. LOL. Sooo not worth it.
Wtf are you talking about... "handicap" LMAO 💀 so over-dramatic 💀 consistent 30 fps doesn't lag at all. Does it lag when you watch a movie 💀?? It only starts to lag noticeably if it dips below 25. visuals is what make the game look more beautiful not framerate. 💀

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
It’s a handicap. Game looks more hideous and you lose image clarity in motion.

Movies are 24 frames per second btw.

I’ve said this before. If you can run a game at 60 … going back to a lesser frame rate is dumb as hell.

Reactions: TygerTrip
OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
It’s a handicap. Game looks more hideous and you lose image clarity in motion.
LMAO 💀 have you ever played a game at 30 fps? 💀 It doesn't look hideous at all or lose any image clarity 💀 fps has nothing to do with image clarity that's the resolution 💀 Seemes like you have an fps OCD like majority of PC players💀also visuals >>>>> framerate
You realize "real life" has an uncapped framerate, right?

This is two terrible takes in one day. Hit the showers.
Yes, but majority of objects irl don't move past 60fps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
You realize "real life" has an uncapped framerate, right?

This is two terrible takes in one day. Hit the showers.
Bruh 💀 outside of competitive multiplayer games by uncapping the framerate and using aim assist mouses, the 60fps is totally useless. noobs PC players play at 120fps cus, they know they are going to be destroyed by console gigachad players if they didn't use these tricks to compensate for their lack of skills💀

Last edited:

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I’ve played Ocarina of Time at like 20 frames per second.

That is now sub standard. As is now 30 FPS…

The post processing nonsense, the often trivial gains in resolution on home consoles… only looks good in a still shot. Image clarity is no doubt improved in motion at higher frame rates. More details are noticeable in actual gameplay.

“cinematic feel”. … LOL

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
Have no problem with 30fps. Played forbidden west on that frame rate, same as miles Morales. But apparently having that opinion is some sort of a crime.
Ikr it's so funny when PC players come up with all dumb of excuses and attack you for playing at 30 fps or prefering visuals over framerate. It's like playing at 60 fps is a sacred thing. Many players hate the soap opera feeling that 60 fps gives in cinematic games. If you think consistent 30fps lag there is seriously something wrong with your mentality, cus it litterally doesn't.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Depends on the game, Spider-man was fine.... but I couldn't do it on Horizon Forbidden West.

I dunnoif my standards changed or they just handle things very differently but spinning the camera on HFW at 30 felt sickening.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
If 60fps or 120fps would be able to keep the highest possible visual quality I'd take the biggest fps.

But it is not the case. Games like Uncharted or RDR2 pushed the visuals to the top back then when released keeping steady 30fps, which is enough for this kind of games. I prefer awesome over the top visuals over not that good visuals at 60fps.

Competitive fighting games, hack & slash like DMC or Bayonetta or FPS are different, they must be 60fps and to have high end visuals isn't that important.

But right now, in a context of crossgen games where they still don't have ready games running on next gen engines that take full advantage of the new hardware we'll see these games -which in last gen run at 30fps- running in the new gen at 60fps or beyond. But this is an exception, once in the future they take full advantage of the next gen in future non-crossgen games Uncharted/RDR2-level games will go back to 30fps.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Ikr it's so funny when PC players come up with all dumb of excuses and attack you for playing at 30 fps or prefering visuals over framerate. It's like playing at 60 fps is a sacred thing. Many players hate the soap opera feeling that 60 fps gives in cinematic games. If you think consistent 30fps lag there is seriously something wrong with your mentality, cus it litterally doesn't.

I'm mostly a PC player and even own a 144hz monitor. I can play at 90fps or 60fps, it doesn't really matter nor it impacts my experience. I'd much rather stable 30 than wobbly 60.

Reactions: Oogabooga
OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
“cinematic feel”. … LOL
You do realise movies are shot at 30 fps, right? If a game runs at 30 fps it feels more cinematic than playing at 60 fps. that's the purpose of these type of games, they are like movies. playing at 60 fps takes away the cinematic feel that i personally prefer while playing these type of games. for shooting multiplayer games and fighting games I prefer 60 fps Tho. It's just a personal preference.