Apple unbanning epic games account and reversing course. |UP| Epic store coming to IOS and Android.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
A bunch of people here just reacting and not reading the details. This seems to be happening with increasing regularity.

Note: Apple is not making any friends in the software community over this stuff.
Why is the software community so desperate to give their info to Epic or MS instead of Apple? The Microsoft store is right there if they want to give their cut to saviour MS.

Same for customers. There is no benefit to give my payment info to Microsoft instead of Apple.

Reactions: Box

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Why is the software community so desperate to give their info to Epic or MS instead of Apple? The Microsoft store is right there if they want to give their cut to saviour MS.

Same for customers. There is no benefit to give my payment info to Microsoft instead of Apple.
It's more about Apple basically acting like the Mafia towards every software company in existence right now. It has nothing to do with preferring Epic to any alternatives.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I love Epic
Canadian Lol GIF

Again if you dont like it take ur buisness elsewhere. Same with Epic.
People act as if Android doesn't exist. Apple has their business model and no one is ever forced to be part of it, on the contrary, people are willing to pay a premium to be part of it, almost as if people like what Apple is doing...

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
They gave us Fortnite and Alan Wake 2 🔥😁
They gave me nothing, I don't like Unreal, I don't like their store, I don't like Fortnite, Alan Wake 2 is digital only (pass) and they are anti-Linux.

Tim Sweeney is all that is wrong with humanity, what a douche.

If only Bluehole Studio didn't suck so much or if Sony wasn't brain dead and had supported SOE when they were making H1Z1 instead of getting rid of them just to than pivot to PC... then maybe Epic would be long gone and still making Gears of War crap.

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Well TBH I find Apple users dumb for getting ripped off by Apple products but I disdain Tim Sweeney and equate him to a cockroach that should be crushed. Fuck epic store and that goddamn useless unreal engine with its shader stutters. I hate gen Z for making Tim Sweeney relevant with friggin fortnite, we have no future as a species

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It's more about Apple basically acting like the Mafia towards every software company in existence right now. It has nothing to do with preferring Epic to any alternatives.
In the end you will have to deal with Apple, MS, Epic, Amazon or Meta.

This is not David vs Goliath, mom-and-pop taking over iOS. It's all Big Tech.

Might as well deal with the one who created the platform 🤷

Reactions: ethomaz and Box

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
They gave me nothing, I don't like Unreal, I don't like their store, I don't like Fortnite, Alan Wake 2 is digital only (pass) and they are anti-Linux.

Tim Sweeney is all that is wrong with humanity, what a douche.

If only Bluehole Studio didn't suck so much or if Sony wasn't brain dead and had supported SOE when they were making H1Z1 instead of getting rid of them just to than pivot to PC... then maybe Epic would be long gone and still making Gears of War crap.
how are they anti linux? EGS works on Linux?

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
In the end you will have to deal with Apple, MS, Epic, Amazon or Meta.

This is not David vs Goliath, mom-and-pop taking over iOS. It's all Big Tech.

Might as well deal with the one who created the platform 🤷
But at the core of the issue it IS David vs. Goliath.

Apple is out there crushing small business with their rent seeking policies. Epic is just powerful enough (along with some other companies) to fight back.

This is far from the only example. Apple thinks they deserve a cut of everyone's revenue that does any business on the iPhone. This has been going on for years and years, and is just getting increasingly worse as Apple's greed goes off the charts.

I just don't see how this ever ends well for Apple in the long run.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

Apple is out there crushing small business with their rent seeking policies. Epic is just powerful enough (along with some other companies) to fight back.

This is far from the only example. Apple thinks they deserve a cut of everyone's revenue that does any business on the iPhone. This has been going on for years and years, and is just getting increasingly worse as Apple's greed goes off the charts.

there is still objectively nothing wrong with this.... the "teachers" receive donations/tips, and Apple takes their cut. How is this any different from Google taking 30% of YouTube super chat money? Or Twitch taking 50% of subscriber money?

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
'They are undermining our ability to be a viable competitor'

Bruh a viable competitor on THEIR hardware 🤦🏻‍♂️ how entitled can you get , I don't like apple & dont but there hardware but come on tim sweeney is such a big baby , if you don't like it make a bloody epic games phone & tell all your Fortnite crowd to buy that 🤣

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
iOS is one of the most widely used operating systems. Do you see a problem with Microsoft blocking a developer from publishing an application on Windows? I think it's kind of important that they can't do that. The hoops required to publish anything on iOS is already pretty unacceptable before they start blocking their corporate enemies.
Epic could've always used the money they've spent on their lawsuit against apple to develop an OS to rival them but didn't 🤷🏻‍♂️

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
I love Epic but they did it to themselves 🤷‍♂️ They should've just taken their L and paid Apple their cut. They've lost billions because of ego
Timmy's ego, that is.
Oh well, he can go ask Sony for a marketing deal for the PS5 Pro, then proceed to backstab them again, as usual. It's not like their leadership is getting any smarter these days.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

What makes you think Microsoft won't charge any fees 🤔

Maybe as PR at first but eventually they will. You'll have to pay a subscription just to access your account.

Even if they charge zero fees you'll have zero customers anyway so good luck with that.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Canadian Lol GIF

People act as if Android doesn't exist. Apple has their business model and no one is ever forced to be part of it, on the contrary, people are willing to pay a premium to be part of it, almost as if people like what Apple is doing...
I wonder sometimes... if Epic are so disappointed with Apple why they don't forget Apple exists.
No... they are so sad, disappointed, angry that keep trying at all costs to back to a good relationship with Apple.
It is exactly like a crazy ex do when you don't want more contact with her 🔥
They even humiliate themselves thinking that will make you want to talk with her.

Epic is angry that Apple forget they exists after they continuous attacked Apple for several years.

Who wants to do business with a company like Epic?

And yes... Apple allowing or not Epic on App Store is just well Business.
You are not forced to to business with these you don't want.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
What makes you think Microsoft won't charge any fees 🤔

Maybe as PR at first but eventually they will. You'll have to pay a subscription just to access your account.

Even if they charge zero fees you'll have zero customers anyway so good luck with that.
Agreed.

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters