Apple unbanning epic games account and reversing course. |UP| Epic store coming to IOS and Android.

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
Microsoft store will be incoming for android & apple & they'll probable make candy crush / cod mobile (whatever else KING & Microsoft makes for mobile) exclusive to it
I was thinking for other things too, for example since there's been lawsuits lost and precedents made could say Microsoft force their way onto something like PSN to sell their games through there?

I just see this having a lot of bad implications for the future.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I was thinking for other things too, for example since there's been lawsuits lost and precedents made could say Microsoft force their way onto something like PSN to sell their games through there?

Possibly but if that ever happened consoles would cease to exist because unlike apple & Google with phones where they don't take a loss on hardware console manufactures usually do making up for it with software sales they aren't going to continue making hardware when everyone can have their own store on it & bypass Sony makin money from the software

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Epic and Microsoft are targeting mobile for the lawsuits because they are way bigger markets and the 30% is less justified there. In PS is fair to assume they don't pay the 30%, due to being two of the very top publishers they must have a way better deal.