Are you getting the PS5Pro? Why or why not?

Will you be getting a PS5Pro

• Yes

Votes: 44 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Maybe down the line.

Votes: 10 14.1%

• Total voters

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
On the heels of the latest hardware leaks and a few insiders confirming/reinforcing it's existence who here will be getting a pro?

1710685355384.png

Today’s leaked documents also confirmed:
  • Rendering 45% faster than PS5
  • 2-3x Ray-tracing (x4 in some cases)
  • 33.5 Teraflops
  • PSSR (PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution Upscaling) upscaling/antialiasing solution
  • Support for resolutions up to 8K is planned for future SDK version
  • Custom machine learning architecture
  • AI Accelerator, supporting 300 TOPS of 8 bit computation / 67 TFLOPS of 16-bit floating point

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Day 1 most likely.

The thought of playing some incredible 2023-2024 games with a Pro patch will be enough to incentivize me.
Yeah, I actually look forward to these refreshes. I got my money's with out of my PS4PRO easily and now it is my living room media center connected to my optoma projector. It lives on and keeps being worth it's value.

Reactions: Sircaw

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
Maybe the down line if the differences start to become big and base versions are a lot worst

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Maybe, if there is some kind of trade-in promotion or if I have the necessity to replace my day-1 console.

The recent Sony decisions made me change my mind.

• Informative

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
It will be the first Playstation console I will actively boycott. Making a Pro console when you've done an absolutely horrific job at supporting your current hardware?

Def ain't getting my $600 bux.

iAMJeffy

29 Oct 2022
Day 1 , hope Gamestop has a good trade in promo for the original Ps5. I want to get the best experience for PlayStation games so I'm in and also my LG OLED deserves the best 😛

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Unless I quit the PlayStation platform completely I'm getting one. Despite the terrible job Sony has been doing at announcing exciting games and getting me hyped, GTAVI not releasing on PC is a huge draw to keep a console.

If I consider just the upgrade price (selling my PS5 and only paying the difference), it's a pretty easy decision.

The 8K talk makes me not want to buy it tho, complete nonsense.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Day 1 for sure.
But would be nice to know what games are coming. This is probably the only time we have such little news on PS exclusives coming after Stellar Blade.
Also not sure what big 3rd party non exclusives are coming outside fo GTA6, well for me anyway. Im guessing there will be RE9, MGS3, Silent Hill2, Judas, Star Wars Outlawz.
Anyway, I like the idea of pro, new tech, faster console etc. Im down 100%

• Heart
24 Jun 2022
Unsure. Honestly I'll be weighing what their 1P strategy going forward, including plans for ports to other platforms (like PC) look like before committing. I'm not afflicted by FOMO to the degree of some other folks, and I've got a wide palette of gaming tastes big and small, 1P, 3P, across genres.

Weighing the value of a PS5 Pro vs. a decently stocked PC (even if that might mean not quite playing at PS5 Pro settings) will depend a lot on if: A) Sony start prioritizing the console with more genuine exclusives for a longer period of time (1-2 years isn't enough) and, B) they have more frequency in 1P AAA & AA releases of strong variety including games in genre underrepresented from 1P at current (JRPGs, rhythm, platformers etc.).

If they do both those things, I'll get a Pro. If not, I'll invest more into PC gaming. Because not doing (A) would suggest they're going to keep porting all their games over to Steam (probably with even shorter or Day 1 for non-GAAS titles), and not doing (B) means that missing variety is going to be mainly in 3P games I can get on other platforms like PC since almost all 3P bring games Day 1 there.

I'm not saying PC is my preference; I have zero qualms getting a PS5 Pro but for me there's a certain value proposition that has to be there. And better graphics & framerates are only a small part of it for me (after all I'm still playing retro games from decades ago including "ugly" PS1/Saturn games and have no problem with them visually).

Reactions: JAHGamer

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
On the heels of the latest hardware leaks and a few insiders confirming/reinforcing it's existence who here will be getting a pro?

View attachment 4527

Today’s leaked documents also confirmed:
  • Rendering 45% faster than PS5
  • 2-3x Ray-tracing (x4 in some cases)
  • 33.5 Teraflops
  • PSSR (PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution Upscaling) upscaling/antialiasing solution
  • Support for resolutions up to 8K is planned for future SDK version
  • Custom machine learning architecture
  • AI Accelerator, supporting 300 TOPS of 8 bit computation / 67 TFLOPS of 16-bit floating point
I am going straight to the bank to take out a loan and then start scalping to members on this forum; I am sick of being broke.

On a serious note, I will stick with the ps5 standard edition and start saving for the ps6.

I would love one personally, but it's a luxury I can go without.

And no amount of extra eye Candy and resolution is going to save Diablo4 atm, you want me to view that disaster unfolding in a more clear manner, what kind of evil bastards are you guys.