Are you getting the PS5Pro? Why or why not?

Will you be getting a PS5Pro

• Yes

Votes: 44 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Maybe down the line.

Votes: 10 14.1%

• Total voters

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I am day 1, but at this point, what is PS strategy here? Makes no sense.

Like, with PS4 PRO, they targeted PS4 people who wanted more powerful hardware to keep them lock in the ecosystem, also targeted PC players.
Like non of these points are looking valid as much as before as they keep porting games to PC.
Like head aren't communicating with what hands are doing.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I would like to. Price isn’t a factor so much because I could probably sell my current ps5 to a friend or family member but anything more than 649 would give me pause. It’d also probably be a hard no if there isn’t an option for a disc drive.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Of course not but I'll follow it closely since it's tech and always interesting to see. I'd be interested in ps6 specs but it still seems so early for that.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I am going straight to the bank to take out a loan and then start scalping to members on this forum; I am sick of being broke.

On a serious note, I will stick with the ps5 standard edition and start saving for the ps6.

I would love one personally, but it's a luxury I can go without.

And no amount of extra eye Candy and resolution is going to save Diablo4 atm, you want me to view that disaster unfolding in a more clear manner, what kind of evil bastards are you guys.
I know Diablo series is your lil baby.

• Heart
Reactions: Sircaw

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
I am day 1, but at this point, what is PS strategy here? Makes no sense.

Like, with PS4 PRO, they targeted PS4 people who wanted more powerful hardware to keep them lock in the ecosystem, also targeted PC players.
Like non of these points are looking valid as much as before as they keep porting games to PC.
Like head aren't communicating with what hands are doing.
It was also for the transitory state of 1080p to 4K TV's, that's not a thing anymore.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I forgot what the dev kits looked like, very nifty though obviously far too big to be a commercial shell.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Better reasons for ps5 pro vs ps4 pro imo. Longer gen comparable to ps360 is the major one. No need to bring us into a new generational standard just yet. No one is left out and those who want to upgrade can spend premium to do so.

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
The experience I got from playing Returnal, Ragnarok, Spiderman, the dozens of indie games I've purchased so far on PSN-PS5, Capcom's games and Square Enix's games were really good. I have no reason to upgrade.

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Voted YES.

This is where I will switch back to PlayStation as my primary gaming console. I'm just hoping that due to the higher price point, the disc drive is internal and I will be happy.

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
Voted YES.

This is where I will switch back to PlayStation as my primary gaming console. I'm just hoping that due to the higher price point, the disc drive is internal and I will be happy.
Doubtful, they'll no doubt engineer it to be "digital" with the removable drive function the present revision has. It would be smart and could keep costs down a bit.

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Doubtful, they'll no doubt engineer it to be "digital" with the removable drive function the present revision has. It would be smart and could keep costs down a bit.

Yeah, probably but im hoping they don't do that.