Are you getting the PS5Pro? Why or why not?

Will you be getting a PS5Pro

• Yes

Votes: 44 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Maybe down the line.

Votes: 10 14.1%

• Total voters

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I still have a 1080p 60Hz tv, waited for the Slim to get the PS5 (optimized consumption, extra SDD size) and I think that as I did the previous generation I'll skip the Pro.

I won't use the extra resolution or firmware, and don't care enough about having some RT more in some games, I think in my particular case isn't worth it the -I assume high- price that it will cost. In addition to this, doing in this way I notice a bigger jump from generation to generation in terms of visuals, which in any case so far hasn't been specially massive outside the Matrix demo.

I personally will wait for the PS6. Until then I might get a new TV or PSVR2.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yeah it definitely would be good timing to have some solid hitters like a Wolverine or something for release or release window.
Wolverine would be good. But also need to know more about what games are coming

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Yeah

GTA6 and the next ND/SSM game at 60 fps hopefully

You can expect these will target 30 on base PS5

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Seeing how only cross gen and remasters hits 60fps with any reliability…

Day one

Last edited:

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Rescue mission i hold a special place for. It bacame my favorite platformer ever.

I had the Most fun with Astro Playroom, all that nostalgia, it especially hit close to home for me since i grew up with the Ps2 platformers like Ratchet,Sly and Jak.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
I’ve had a good time with my PS5 now that I look back, I don’t mind locking in for another round.

Day 1

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
Is not like you would know. We are on year 4 of this gen an not much have been revealed, if I wanted to buy another console based on hopes, dreams and the power of imagination I would have an Xbox.
good god

at least sony didn't do an everwild

They probably had a lot of studios doing GAAS games, most of which either have been or will be cancelled, thanks Jim Ryan, but they will definitely have pivoted back to doing proper games now.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
good god

at least sony didn't do an everwild

They probably had a lot of studios doing GAAS games, most of which either have been or will be cancelled, thanks Jim Ryan, but they will definitely have pivoted back to doing proper games now.
Problem is, it'll take a few years to sort a mess like that out.

Reactions: Nhomnhom
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I had the Most fun with Astro Playroom, all that nostalgia, it especially hit close to home for me since i grew up with the Ps2 platformers like Ratchet,Sly and Jak.
Yeah, good games.