Are you getting the PS5Pro? Why or why not?

Will you be getting a PS5Pro

• Yes

Votes: 44 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Maybe down the line.

Votes: 10 14.1%

• Total voters

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Because my PS5 is almost 4 years old & usually my console breaks somewhere in the second half of the generation. Might as well buy a new one ahead of that.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Because my PS5 is almost 4 years old & usually my console breaks somewhere in the second half of the generation. Might as well buy a new one ahead of that.
it really happens to you? how about controllers?

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
it really happens to you? how about controllers?
Usually just once, ps3 was the outlier where I had 3 of them. The launch one technically lasted 06-14 but the disk drive broke in 09, way before I was digital. Ps4 lasted 6 years. I never really minded because I get thousands of hours off these consoles.

As far as controller go, the launch ones break on me very quickly, ps4 one being the worst where the thumb sticks ripped off. Ps5 is actually the first gen where my launch controller still works solid. I had countless ps2, ps3 and ps4 controllers lmao.

Reactions: Gediminas

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
No console of mine ever broke with the exception of one PS5 that came with a broken disc drive (that got fixed by Sony).

I always sell my consoles when a new generation arrive tho.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I will always want the best PlayStation home console available...

If they had one for 1000, I'd buy it. If they had one for 1,500, I would buy it... or even 2,000.

• fire
  • thisistheway
Reactions: Muddasar and voke
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
No console of mine ever broke with the exception of one PS5 that came with a broken disc drive (that got fixed by Sony).

I always sell my consoles when a new generation arrive tho.
Yeah my shit lasts usually the whole gen and into the next and I game alot. Four years? Thts crazy

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
My PS3 eventually got the yellow light of death but well after the gen ended. Never had any big issues with PlayStation.

360..I went through a few.

Same here with the Fat 60gb PS3. YLOD when the warranty had already run out.

No other issues with any Playstation consoles.

Controller wise, Sony controllers have been hit and miss.

PS1 controllers - Great

PS2 controllers - Great until the Model H controllers were released.

PS3 Controllers - Crap

PS4 controllers - Crap

Probably went through a dozen PS3 and PS4 controllers.

Have 2 Dualsense controllers since launch and both still work fine. Best controllers Sony have made for reliability.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Same here with the Fat 60gb PS3. YLOD when the warranty had already run out.

No other issues with any Playstation consoles.

Controller wise, Sony controllers have been hit and miss.

PS1 controllers - Great

PS2 controllers - Great until the Model H controllers were released.

PS3 Controllers - Crap

PS4 controllers - Crap

Probably went through a dozen PS3 and PS4 controllers.

Have 2 Dualsense controllers since launch and both still work fine. Best controllers Sony have made for reliability.
Why do i get stuck with all the crap controllers lol, I've had 4 out of 6 of them drift

• Surprised
  • sad
Reactions: Bryank75 and Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Why do i get stuck with all the crap controllers lol, I've had 4 out of 6 of them drift
This might be the reason why your controllers are locking up, pieces of food in them.

Mr Bean Eating GIF

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

What games do you play? Call of Duty? Fortnite?

Absolutely no drift on both my launch controllers and my kids use them too who aren’t very gentle with them.

I have had with one temporary issue after a controller update.

The controller kept muting sound and wasn’t working in Apps or Games after I updated.

The mute button on controller was always ON and wouldn’t turn OFF. Reset controller and all fine.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
What games do you play? Call of Duty? Fortnite?

Absolutely no drift on both my launch controllers and my kids use them too who aren’t very gentle with them.

I have had with one temporary issue after a controller update.

The controller kept muting sound and wasn’t working in Apps or Games after I updated.

The mute button on controller was always ON and wouldn’t turn OFF. Reset controller and all fine.
No, most of my time is genshin, most of the other time is on jrpg or action rpg. And no it isnt food or anything or else I'd be able to clean it out without opening up the stick modules

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
No, most of my time is genshin, most of the other time is on jrpg or action rpg. And no it isnt food or anything or else I'd be able to clean it out without opening up the stick modules

Damn that’s really bad luck.

Usually I have noticed people having drift issues cause they use the R3 or L3 extensively.

Call of Duty is the biggest culprit.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
66% said yes, thts good.
On one hand this forum's audience probably has a lot more enthusiasts than the average.

On the other hand, I wonder if there's a significant chunk of the Xbox audience that will be going directly for the PS5 Pro after feeling disillusioned by the Series X.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yeah my shit lasts usually the whole gen and into the next and I game alot. Four years? Thts crazy
Most of my shits is still working...

SNES - I give to a school in 2010 working 100%.
PS1 - Well that one could only work upside down at the end due the drive reader lol
N64 - Working fine until early last year (last time I tested)
PS2 - Working fine until early last year (last time I tested)
PS3 - Working fine until early last year (last time I tested)
PS4 - Working fine today (it is still in use by my cousin)

The biggest issue is to find adapters to tests PS2 and N64 :D
Never had to buy twice a console in a generation... that is reason I don't have mid to late console models... only models released at start of the gen... I think SNES and PS2 were the ones I take more time to buy but it was still in the 3 first years of the console.

I think the only not really good at the generation ended was PS1... but that driver reader was crazy weak.