Are you getting the PS5Pro? Why or why not?

Will you be getting a PS5Pro

• Yes

Votes: 44 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Maybe down the line.

Votes: 10 14.1%

• Total voters

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Leaning more into wait and see now, I like the hardware on paper but I'm very disappointed with Sony this gen.

Unless GTA6 runs much better on the PS5 Pro I'll probably skip it or wait until there is a new game that justifies buying it. I'm over giving Sony the benefit of the doubt.

Sony was really bad at supporting the PS4 Pro and I could see them begin just as bad this time and not going back and patching already released games.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Leaning more into wait and see now, I like the hardware on paper but I'm very disappointed with Sony this gen.

Unless GTA6 run much better on the PS5 Pro I'll probably skip it or wait until there is a new game that justifies buying it.
I'll blindly get one just because I really like Sony hardware.

• Shake
Reactions: HypeThrusters

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I'll blindly get one just because I really like Sony hardware.
Fair enough, I just don't like their attitude of not showing anything that would get me excited about their ecosystem, lets see how they handle the PS5 Pro announcement.

Better hardware by itself is not that exciting when all their games are making their way into PC and when there is hardly any game I'm looking forward to.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Fair enough, I just don't like their attitude of now showing anything that would get me excited about their ecosystem, lets see how they handle the PS5 Pro announcement.

Better hardware by itself is not that exciting when all their games are making their way into PC and when there is hardly any game I'm looking forward to.
Fair enough.

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
Fair enough, I just don't like their attitude of not showing anything that would get me excited about their ecosystem, lets see how they handle the PS5 Pro announcement.

It’s not like the first party devs aren’t all cooking up games for the PS5 right now or anything

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Unless we get a bloodborne patch and a new Astro Game, no

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They better be. Astro's Rescue Mission is 6 years old and in the meantime Asobi released only Astro's Playroom which is a fun and large demo but still just a demo.
Rescue mission i hold a special place for. It bacame my favorite platformer ever.

Reactions: panda-zebra

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Can anyone parse the tech spec of the PS5 Pro and let me know if there's any hardware improvements that might somehow improve remote play latency/achieve even quicker asset loading-in/game downloading, to counteract said latency?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Day 1 but they really need to show more Playstation owned studio games. Those studios rarely disappoint and I want more games from them

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Day 1 but they really need to show more Playstation owned studio games. Those studios rarely disappoint and I want more games from them
Yeah it definitely would be good timing to have some solid hitters like a Wolverine or something for release or release window.

Reactions: Kokoloko

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
No. Reason? My username, mostly :p

No but for real I ain’t got the money for this shit. PS5 is already a luxury item but a pro? Between my kids tuition, monthly expenses, mortgage etc a Pro just isn’t a financially viable option for me. I’m content with a base PS5 .