Are you still subcriber of PS Plus - after the price hike and "discount" bs

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
So so jack the price of PS Plus by 30% for Essential, Extra and 25% for Premium.

The only reason I still subcrbing to the service is because my subcription is the PS Now to Premium convert, meaning I pay for Premium as the price of Esssential, but they jacked anual subcription the price from around 5000 JPY to near 8000 JPY which leave sour tastes in my mouth(just checked the renew receipt)

The second bs is the "discount" bs they pull. They cherry picked users to give discount to, which is utter bs.

Online multiplayer and cloud saves should be free, what both Sony(and Nintendo) doing is a crime against userbase

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I'm still subscribed until June, by then I will have played FFVII Rebirth and there will be no PlayStation exclusives left that I care about that have been announced. At that point I'll reevaluate if it's even worth keeping a PlayStation around instead of going 100% PC.

I already buy pretty much all my PlayStation games on disc, if I ever give up on PlayStation for good I can at least sell all my games (something I have already been doing for a while now).

My PS5 is also busted and I'm sending it to Sony for them to fix it.

Last edited:

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
So so jack the price of PS Plus by 30% for Essential, Extra and 25% for Premium.

The only reason I still subcrbing to the service is because my subcription is the PS Now to Premium convert, meaning I pay for Premium as the price of Esssential, but they jacked anual subcription the price from around 5000 JPY to near 8000 JPY which leave sour tastes in my mouth(just checked the renew receipt)

The second bs is the "discount" bs they pull. They cherry picked users to give discount to, which is utter bs.

Online multiplayer and cloud saves should be free, what both Sony(and Nintendo) doing is a crime against userbase
My current subscription does expire until 2028 I future proofed myself in 2021 when a year of psplus was $27.99 on CDkeys. Psplus was on sale for 30% off over the holidays ppl really should take advantage of deals whenever they can. I don’t think I’ve ever had to pay for psplus and I’ve had it continuously since 2012.

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
The only reason I ever had it was for MP on PS, but I am just not playing as much MP as I used to. So I am letting my sub lapse in April. Aside from that, the value of the games in Essential have gone down greatly since the launch of the higher tiers throughout 2023 (Except for this January which was a brief return to good value).

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Still subbed and have 3 years stacked left. I'll still stay subbed as long as I'm gaming on PlayStation. I have 12 years of games library as well, why throw it all away.

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
The price hike was the last straw. I'm heavily leaning toward PC now for any full priced online game.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I'm just going month by month at the moment, I'll skip months that are bad and renew when there's good stuff or for Destiny and pick up plus on sale when it comes again. Just essential though.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Nope, selling my PS5 with 4tb NVME in it

i didn't like how they were selling old ps1/2 titles without any upscaling or fixes at almost full price

Is this sarcasm my sarcasm meter is broken at the moment? Why would you buy a $500 console to play PS1/PS2 titles when they were not really a focus to begin with?

I bought my PS5 for new games. I've only played a handful of PS1/PS2 titles on it.

• they're_right_you_know

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Imagine making this thread on the day Foamstars is announced on PS+ 🤦

I'm still subscribed for the next several years and I have no intention to drop it. You get so much games and content for the price, people will complain about anything. Y'all are dead inside.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023

I'm still subscribed for the next several years and I have no intention to drop it. You get so much games and content for the price, people will complain about anything. Y'all are dead inside.
Yup! Sometimes I don't get the mentality of people here and within the PlayStation base. If you're a gamer I don't see how this service doesn't pay back for itself over time.

• they're_right_you_know

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023

has nothing to do with anything. wanting to play rocket league online vs wanting to play foamstars at all are not related.

PS+ is making premium multiplayer games unviable on PS5. If the free games are valuable enough to justify a subscription, then stop twisting our arm with the multiplayer paywall.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022

They just raised the price on poverty tier for no discernible reason lmao, and the free games are never anything actually exciting, it's an exception to the rule when you find yourself excited to download a plus game.

I might ride out a year or two, ONLY for Street Fighter 6 online play. After this gen I will likely be moving to PC for online games because they don't charge me to use my internet connection.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I subbed for another 2 years, and I can see myself renewing after that, the backlog is huge,great games incoming, and I would imagine a host of massive hitters as well in the next few years.

Home Run Sport GIF by MLB

Reactions: Danja1187